Zhu Zhu for a 9 year old boy?

DVCBELLE

Princess at Heart
I am shopping for a 9 year old boy and I got him a lego racer but if he is in the right age range for a zhu zhu then I would give him the extra one I have as well.

Would he like one or is he too old?

One local news channel did a toy test (unscientific of course, but still a somewhat decent indicator) and they found zhu zhu pets appealed most to the 2-7 yr old set.

No 9 yr olds around here, the closest I have is a just turned 11 yr old, and she has absolutely no interest in zhu zhu pets; but she says some of the kids in her class have definitely gotten caught up in the zhu zhu madness. So I guess it just depends on the child and his/her interests.

Probably not a lot of help... sorry.

Hi there! I do have a DS9 (& DD6) and if I could find a Zhu Zhu pet, I know my son would love one. I guess it just depends on that child; one of my friends also has a DS9 and he's not too interested in them.

Thank you - those answers do help - at least I know it could go either way.

Last year - I got his older sister a vera bradly bag at the outlet sale for $10. I got him a lego racer for $10 - obviously there is a slight problem in the quality of gift ;) so I wanted to give him something else. They are my DH's cousins step-children so I don't know them very well. But their step-granmda is EXTREMELY generous with my kids so I like to get something for them. I kind of thought the hottest toy of the year might be a good gift...

The only one of my kids at all interested in them was the 5yo. and even he doesn't really want one.

My 9 year old DS got two for his birthday Dec. 19th. as well as accessories. He says it is his favorite gift. He also got star wars legos and is playing with the zhu zhu pets the most.

Dd8 and dd6 are getting them - ds6 has no interest. Ds11 would not have wanted one at 9 - I can't even imagine his reaction! :lmao: You could get him a $20 airhogs helicopter - boys love remote control.

I have a 9 year old son. He has no interest in Zhu Zhu pets at all. Bakugan, Nerf, Legos, and Spy Gear are all the rage here. :)

I honestly can't think of many 9 year old boys that would like them....I am sure there are some, but in general I would say no.

We had DNiece9 with us at WDW last week. Getting ready for the parks one morning and had GMA on and they were talking about the Zhu Zhu craze. DN said those are so stupid, why would anyone want a little stuffed hamster. So glad I didn't get caught up in the craze and get her one :goodvibes

I asked my 10 y/o DS about these when I heard of their popularity, and he thought they were "stupid":rolleyes1

This is the kid who LOVES Webkinz and any stuffed animal. Go figure!

It prob depends on the kid. My DD11 really wants one. But part of that is because she was a Zhu Zhu kid and she and another group of kids danced at a few promotional events for the Zhu Zhu pets in the greater nyc area. They did not get any pets so she wants one because she thinks it would be fun and as a memory of her first 'professional' gig.

lara

My DS is 8 and wants one but he LOVES animals but a friend of his who is 9 and more sporty says they are for girls LOL I'm not sure how long my son will play with it but with him I get that with most toys. The only constant thing for him is his DS

My ds is 7 and he really wants one but I suspect he will like it for about 6 months and by the time he turns 8 he will be on to bigger and better things. ;) If its just a "filler" type gift, I'd go ahead and toss it in for a 9 year old boy. It'll be hit or miss.

My twin sons are 9 and they have no interest in Zhu Zhu pets (thank God!). There aren't many toys that interest them anymore. The few they still like include: Legos, Tech Deck, they're at the tail end of a Bakugan craze, and video games of course.

Both have them on their 'lists' and keep talking about whether or not Santa will find them--

The only one of my kids at all interested in them was the 5yo. and even he doesn't really want one.

uh oh. I bought 4 not even quite knowing what they were for my teens, up to age 19. Not for anything but fun to run around the room together. They do just scoot around on their own, right? Make the dogs and cats react?

uh oh. I bought 4 not even quite knowing what they were for my teens, up to age 19. Not for anything but fun to run around the room together. They do just scoot around on their own, right? Make the dogs and cats react?
See now I think they might be at the age that they will love them! I could see my older nieces and nephews having a blast with them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter