Zeroing in on those DVC license plates...

Originally posted by okwdreamin
AND if you see a 'sandstone metallic' Honda Pilot in Kansas with a DVC plate on the front, it is me!!

Hey! Great minds think alike!!!

(Are you on the honda-pilot.org board??)

I got around not being able to use the DVC plates by making my own DVC vanity plate. If you ever see a silver-blue saturn L200 driving around the Dallas area with license plates saying WE DVC give me a honk and a wave. :)

N.J. is another one of those states that requires 2 license plates, so we had to go the vanity plate route.

If you're in NJ, and see a tan Windstar with the license plates "DVC SSR", that'd be my wife!

Originally posted by MAC3
It's amazing that I could find one on the other side of the highway. I always get so excited when I notice them, so if you drive a black van that has a DVC plate on it and you were traveling South on Route 3 around the Treble Cove Road exit in Billerica.....

I saw you today!!! :hyper:

Lisa

I don't have a DVC plate and I wasn't near Treble Cove Road exit but I know right where you were and it made me smile. I grew up in Dracut. I'll have to pay more attention to license plates to search out my fellow DVC'ers.

Originally posted by Granny
We live in a state that requires both front and back license plates, so we can't mount our DVC "plate" on the front./QUOTE]

...your van does sport those nifty personalized MO vanity plates...

RuthnPaul

:teeth: :wave2: :teeth: :wave2: :teeth: :wave2:

Originally posted by Scoootch
We have our DVC member plate on front of our mini-van along with the Mickey antenna topper and the frame on the back plate that says "been there, Done that, Goin back".:teeth:

Goin back again and again and again......lol:tongue:

:wave:

Okay, that is EXACTLY like my PT Cruiser except I have Tink on my back window, also! I wanted to get a Disney personal license plate, but DH nixed that.

Here in NY we are required front and back plates and if you violate, they will catch you.

I would LOVE to see DVC come out with a license plate frame for us. You know something like Members are Magical !! or similar to that. I read in another thread that we're starting to see more members only products (the new member watch by Fossil or the pins that came out quarterly) so who knows, maybe this will be something they come up with soon.

Until then, since I'm also a castmember, my license frame says,
Disney Stores-Making the Magic!! and my vanity plate reads DSNYCRZY on my dark green Jetta. Mickey sits in the back window under my antenna topper. Hard to miss me!!! :earsboy:

If you see me zipping down the road, honk and wave !! :wave:

Hi!
Another NY-er here, no license plates allowed other than the ones from the State Dep't of Motor Vehicles. BUT for an additional yearly fee we CAN get our own "Vanity" license plates with up to 8 letters and/or numbers.

I just joined DVC so my plates reflect my love for the most magical place on earth--They say DISWORLD. Originally I tried for DSNYWRLD but someone thought of it first, and it was not available in NY.

So if you re in NY (especially Long Island area) and you see a Silver 2002 Mazda 626 with those plates, and a front license plate frame saying "imagineering, we make the magic" a rear license plate frame with "been there done that going back", two bumper stickers on the trunk, one reading "this car brakes for hitchhiking ghosts" and the other with "been there done that etc." a decal of Mickey the sorcerer making some magic in the right rear window, Lady and the Tramp stuffed animals on the rear shelf AND a purple lei from the Polnesian hanging from the rear view mirror--that would be little ole me! Honk, smile and wave!
:wave2:

Originally posted by Kristi1357
If anyone is in Southern NH...our new vanity plate on our Caravan is "DVC-BCV."

I'll watch for you! I work in Methuen and am always shopping in Salem, NH!

Hi Ya BEACHCLUBVILLAS! I go through parts of Dracut to go to work after dropping my DD of at school, also zip down the 110 boulevard(sp) to pick her up in the afternoon.

It's a small world after all!
Lisa

Were from just outside of Toronto Ontario, and the plate i saw was DCV 4 US it was parked I wanted to wait and say hello to the folks.
We need 2 plates as well but when we cross the Florida border on goes our "Vacation Club" plate. We were there in May and they were available in the gift shops of the DVC resorts. I think they were $4.99 ::MickeyMo

Hi Lisa!

I don't get out to Salem very often (we are in Nashua) - only when we need to hit Babies R Us. So you never know!

Kristi

saw a plate at the mall @ wellington greene (florida) last weekend (i think?) older model oldsmobile, gold color i think? then today in the thrift store, found a new condition member hat. I am in palm beach county. Hi!

christine

My favorite is "CUatWDW." I have seen it on the back of a NJ vehicle parked near building #55 at OKW.

Originally posted by Kristi1357
Hi Lisa!

I don't get out to Salem very often (we are in Nashua) - only when we need to hit Babies R Us. So you never know!

Kristi

Hi Kristi,

We also head in that direction too. Mostly to go to eat at a few of our favorite places. We love la hacienda (we should be there on Saturday Night) and also Hooters.

I'll watch for you!

Regards Lisa

edited to add we also frequent the Milford drive in.

so my dvc member plate is on my golf cart.LOL!!!

You can watch for us soon.

A tan ford van from Indiana with a plate OLDKEY W.

My son drives a little black malibu with DVC BCV. I told him if I was paying for the plates, I was getting something with Disney.

I have always enjoyed watching license plates go by when traveling.

Oh I so wish I had an old green Massachusetts plate so I could have a DVC vanity plate too. I have my antenna topper, and my "been there, done that, goin' back" plate holder. I do notice more and more mickey head antenna toppers, especially at the Burlington Mall, some day I might break down and pay the extra $$ to get a MA vanity plate.

Lisa,

I haven't been to La Hacienda in ages! Now I want a margarita and some tacos!!!

I actually don't live too far from the southern Nashua shopping area - so you might see me sometime! :D

Kristi

P.S. Our older truck that we rarely use has "STARTED" as the new vanity plate this year (dh *has* to change them every year). He wants to spell out "it was all was started by a mouse" with license plates and hang them up somewhere. :rolleyes: He's worse than I am! And my car has "KRISTI" on it - can't give that up, even for Disney! Afterall it's been in my family since I was 1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter