Zero Gravity on rides

BeveMom

Mouseketeer
DS will be 6 when we head to the world in March, and probably a bit shy of 48ish inches. He really likes rides, except when they have those weightless drop moments. He's pretty brave, and he'll try just about anything, but as soon as that bottom drops out of his stomach, he's terrified. :sad2: So, my question for you experienced folks is this: What all should we AVOID for this? He HAS done a log flume before, so I'm pretty sure Splash will be ok. Thanks!

DS will be 6 when we head to the world in March, and probably a bit shy of 48ish inches. He really likes rides, except when they have those weightless drop moments. He's pretty brave, and he'll try just about anything, but as soon as that bottom drops out of his stomach, he's terrified. :sad2: So, my question for you experienced folks is this: What all should we AVOID for this? He HAS done a log flume before, so I'm pretty sure Splash will be ok. Thanks!

With the possible exception of Tower of Terror, none of the attractions at WDW are designed to produce a feeling of weightlessness. Those are usually done only on true thrill coasters at other parks.

With the possible exception of Terror of Terror, none of the attractions at WDW are designed to produce a feeling of weightlessness. Those are usually done only on true thrill coasters at other parks.

Ditto, ToT is the only ride I can think of.

The stretch of Expedition Everest when it rolls backwards in the dark is angled to create some disorientation -- might feel a bit like weightlessness to a 6-year-old...

But it isn't and it doesn't go inverted, no matter HOW much it feels like it... :lmao:

My son does not like the feeling of his stomach fallng out that you get on TOT. He used to love it when he was first tall enough to ride, but hasn't wanted to ride it since he was around 6 or 7. He has always said that the loop on RNRC and the backwards part on EE makes him feel the same sensation as the drop on TOT. Now that he is 12 he has begun riding RNRC and EE again, but he still avoids TOT.

My son does not like the feeling of his stomach fallng out that you get on TOT. He used to love it when he was first tall enough to ride, but hasn't wanted to ride it since he was around 6 or 7. He has always said that the loop on RNRC and the backwards part on EE makes him feel the same sensation as the drop on TOT. Now that he is 12 he has begun riding RNRC and EE again, but he still avoids TOT.

This helps. Thank you - he actually had some issues riding a viking ship at our local amusement park yesterday.

the last few seats on the coaster rides, especially BTM give me that sensation..so I suggest sitting middle of coaster rides to avoid the risk of the feelings

The only other thing I can think of is on coaster rides when he rides with a person quite a big bigger than he is. He will have much more room between him and the bar and will get a little bit more "air time". DS5 is supper skinny and I'm not:cool2:, and I really hang on to him when we ride. We were at another theme park this summer and they had a foam piece that fit between him and the bar. That was way cool. Wish WDW had these.

This helps. Thank you - he actually had some issues riding a viking ship at our local amusement park yesterday.

Ugh, I hate those! I'm with your son - hate the feeling of my stomach dropping. ToT is the only thing at WDW I haven't tried. Well...I did Mission Space: Green instead of Orange as motion-simulators make me nauseous!

I haven't had any problems on the coasters or any other rides at WDW as far as feeling like my stomach is dropping.

Lots of rides can produce that funny feeling in the pit of your stomach, though ToT is certainly the king of that effect. Splash certainly does it for me, and there are a few quick little drops on Space too. Any drop, even when it's not straight down like ToT, can generate that feeling.

The Tower of Terror is my absolute favorite!!! But your son should probably avoid that one if he doesn't like that feeling.

DD8 and I did Mission Space: Orange and both of us got off of it and said "that was it???" :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter