Zero Entry Pools & Internet Access

Annette_VA

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have a list of all the resorts that have zero entry pools?

Also, do all resorts have internet access available in the rooms? Do they provide cables? I have Wi-Fi at home, so I use a wireless card here & don't have cables.

I know conference hotels have Wi-Fi, but does anyone know if there are plans to roll it out to all resorts?

TIA!!

~ Annette
Planning stages of Sept 2004 trip
POR Feb 2002
CBR Jan 2000

Polynesian, GF and AKL are all zero entry, perhaps CSR as well? not sure about that one though.

As far as high speed internet, you can borrow a cable from the hotel. I know the BW and BC have it, not sure about any others so far.

Anne

Originally posted by Annette_VA
Does anyone have a list of all the resorts that have zero entry pools?

Annette_VA, if you need a zero-depth entry pool for medical reasons, please check out the Dis' disABILITIES board -- click here for disABILITIES board. I had an accident last year and found myself disabled with a WDW vacation approaching. If it weren't for the folks on that fine board, I would have cancelled my WDW vacation and had missed out on the vacation of a lifetime.

One of the resorts that I stayed in was the GF, and like Ducklite stated, they have a zero-depth entry pool. I lived in that pool and even used their water wheelchair once (I wrote about it in my trip report (click here) and posted links to photos of it).

I've stayed at the AKL a few times, too, and love their pool. I don't have a close-up photo of the zero-depth entry area, but I do have a far-away shot that shows it -- click here.

Besides AKL and GF, the Poly also has a zero entry pool. Here's a picture of it:
showphoto.php
Some people are able to use the "bump" steps. Janet gave a good explanation of using the pool wheelchair and also the bump steps. Here's a picture of the bump steps at SAB.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=871&papass=&sort=1&thecat=577
Thanks for the nice plug, Janet.

Originally posted by SueM in MN
Thanks for the nice plug, Janet.

Anything for you, SueM in MN! (You guys are the greatest over there on the disABILITIES board.) And thanks for posting links to those other photos. :D

AKL did not have anything but dial up access in February.

Thanks for the replies, everyone!

I'm actually just looking for zero entry because I think it would be fun/easy to play w/ my 2 ds's (1 & 3) in the entry area.

~Annette

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter