zero depth pool & best for non park visit with kids

Hmk012

Mouseketeer
We are going to Florida in July for our family vacation. My husband just told me that we have to go to Orlando for 3 nights for business and we should look into a Disney resort stay. I'm looking for a resort with zero depth pool...this is a must have! Since we are not visiting parks it has to be a resort with alot going on too! We've stayed at Poly, Grand Floridian and Contempary so I know at least Poly and GF have that. What other hotels offer this? I love the Boardwalk but it doesn't look like that one has a zero depth???

How about AKL. There pool is zero entry, I believe they have a lot of programs during the day and they have some very good restaurants.

FABULOUS pool with zero gravity! Really big too. If you want a smaller one and it has a small water park for the kids to play in, then Animal Kingdom Kidani. If you go to www.allearsnet.com, under Accomodations and then Animal Kingdom Kidani - text links to pictures, you can see the pool and the water park. My DD and her friend had a great time and all the stuff is somewhat together so I could be at the pool and still see them in the water park area.

Good Luck!

BC/YC - fantastic pool! Great sandbottomed pool with lots of areas for kids to play. They have activities at the pool every day, campfire/movie on the beach each night and you can walk over to the Boardwalk. I think BC/YC would be the best "non park" vacation you could have.

I second the suggestion for the BC/YC. Any questions? All in favor signify by saying aye.

The Beach Club pool is fabulous! If you are not going to any parks I would 100% stay at the Beach Club!!! You can also walk over to the Boardwalk in the evenings for some entertainment and there is a movie on the beach every night for the kids.

You're right about BW, no zero entry there. If I were doing a non-parks trip I would pick Saratoga Springs. It's got a nice pool, it's quiet, and you're so close to DTD with all the restaurants and shops there. And it's not within sight of a park!!

Yacht and Beach has the best pool, but I'm not sure if it's zero entry. However, that would also probably be the best resort if you're not going to any parks. There's so much else to do in that area.

I also recommend AKL. It has a zero depth entry pool, and tons of things for a non-park visit. Besides all the animals, there are a lot of activities, and Boma is there.

ANother vote for Yacht and Beach Club. The BEST pool complex and you can walk to Boardwalk, take boat rides, and of course, Beaches & Cream for ice cream. AKL is nice but very remote, although I strongly recommend Boma!

YC Pool is nice but it gets PACKED :crowded:. I like AKL pool and the CSR pool is also very nice (although it's not zero entry, it has a great slide and it's not PACKED with people at all times).

If you don't want to stay deluxe I would recommend Caribean Beach Resort. It has zero entry pool, 2 water slides in the main pool, and they recently built a pirate ship that has some slides for younger kids, water play things, and the big bucket that dunks water on you. It is like a mini water park. This is the main reason we are staying here in 16 days as my kids saw the pool and went nuts for it. There may not be a ton of things you can do right there besides the pool but you could visit DTD, take a bus to epcot and ride the monorail, visit Ft. Wilderness Campground, take a trip to the AKL to check it out. Disney transportation is on of our kids favorite rides. :lmao:

The one reason we haven't stayed at AKL yet is because it's so far from the parks, so if I were doing a No Parks stay, I'd pick AKL! The pool is zero entry, the place is beautiful, and the restaurants are great. We've gone to eat at Boma and see the Lodge, just haven't stayed there yet ;)

Not sure how old the kiddos in question are OP, but my son loves the BC pool, as do we.

I also like the resort location as a whole because of it's easy access to Epcot (and Nemo, Figment, etc.) and the other resorts on the lake there, which makes finding a little something to do for a few hours in the evening very easy (I hate being across the property at another park & having to make a long trek back to the hotel at the end of the evening).

There are a number of places the could work for you:

A. Caribbean Beach resort
1. Nice sized rooms, big resort with a nice walking path
2. Zero entry pools, separate kids pool with a pirate ship, fun for little ones
3. Two water slides at the main pool, quiet pools in each area (8 total)
4. Water sports rentals available
5. Pirate cruise activity (about $30) available for kids 4-12
6. Great variety in the CS so you won't have to leave to eat
7. Playgrounds, sand volleyball, hammocks on site
8. Dedicated buses for the resort, we've found transporation easy there

B. Animal Kingdom Lodge
1. Numerous great restaurants (CS, TS and Signature), room service
2. Animal viewing
3. Kids club on site as well as nightly and daily activities for the kids
4. Zero entry Pool and water slide
5. You might also look into staying on the Villas side, fantastic pool area, children activities at the pool

C. Yacht and Beach Club
1. You've gotten lots of data from other posters, great pool
2. One concern I've read about that area, no real CS options nearby
3. Boardwalk might certainly be entertaining for the family

D. Saratoga Springs
1. Walked through there on the way to DTD, nice place
2. Proximity to DTD could be a huge plus
3. Golf course on site or very close by
4. Good pool areas for kids
5. Big resort so availability is probably good

Good luck with the decision

Not going to be much help as I agree with either AKL or BC/YC. Can't go wrong with any of those three.

I think SSR would be perfect. Close to DTD and all its dining options, lots of grounds to enjoy, a wonderful community hall with all sorts of games and crafts, poolside activities and movies and a zero entry pool. As well as a second feature pool with spray jets and cannons and its own pool bar and then two other quiet pools. All pools at SSR have a hot tub and laundry room and laundry rooms at SSR are free to all guests. If you get a one bedroom, you'll have your own laundry room.

We love this resort for its peace and quiet, numerous activities at the pool and community hall, and the closeness to DTD.

I could never stay right near a park on a non park visit. So being inside Disney but a bit further off the beaten path would be great.

My kids think SSR has one of the best main pools and they love the other pools too.

We also think Turf Club is one of the best restaurants on Disney property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter