Zebra Domes??

pinkpixie0920

Mouseketeer
Hi! I will be staying for my first time in February at AKV Kidani Village and was wondering what exactly a zebra dome is? I see pictures of them and see that everyone raves about them but what are they? Are they cake? TIA!

Its sponge cake with a layer of coffee like mousse covered in white chocolate and drizzled with dark chocolate.

Just to add a little to the description (because it was the part that surprised me and also disappointed me the most ;))

They were cold (which was a surprise to me - shouldn't have been, but it was) and they were wet (like the cake absorbed the moisture of the mousse)

When I bit into mine I was surprised to find it cold and mushy. Taste was probably fine, but the texture was odd to me.

Also, fyi there is some alcohol in them. I think it's why the cake part is mushy - it's soaked in it (Kahlua I think?)

It's something you definitely have to try... no amount of description could have prepared me for that little piece of heaven!

Ooh, they sound good.:thumbsup2 We're trying Boma for the first time this trip and I can't wait to try one.

They are custard, you can actually find the recipe for them in the latest disney cookbook that you can purchase in the "world." The only issue is that the initial cost is quite expensive because you need to purchase silicone molds for the dome shape and can be tricky to make. I have been somewhat successful making the, tasted as good, but did not look as good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter