Zebra Domes????????

tinkandonaldfans

DIS Veteran
i am going Animal Kingdom Lodge in september and have heard great things about zebra domes! i don' drink coffee and am wondering whether they have a strong coffee taste or whether its more chocolatey?

We have tried them twice and they are blech. You can get them at the Mara CS, Boma or the AKL CL lounge (CL guests only)

The bottom is a little white cake with Kahlua flavored mousse covered in a thin white chocolate with a dark chocolate drizzle.

I didn't find a strong coffee taste on it. I drink 2-3 cups of coffee a year, so I'm not a coffee drinker either and I love it!:love:

My husband hates the taste of coffee, he drank it once and never again. And he likes Zebra Domes. It's not his favourite dessert but he likes it.

But not everyone is the same, a friend of mine hates coffee - the smell, the taste, she can't even be around anything with that aroma, so I wouldn't suggest that she tries it.

I find the Tiramisu is far more coffeeish than the zebra domes.

The coffee taste is very mild, but if you flat-out dislike coffee flavors in desserts, I don't see why this would be an exception.

Some people love the zebra dome, but not everyone. I love it, but I love Boma's banana bread pudding even more. It's an underrated gem, and I think a lot of people don't even try it because it's not as fancy-looking as the other desserts. The zebra dome, in particular, is very nice on the eyes.

Didn't even know they were meant to be coffee flavoured until I read this post. LOL I love them and have eaten many.

I was shocked at how wet and cold they were! Not sure why, but that threw me for a loop.

I was not a fan.

I don't like coffee, and I don't like Zebra domes.

Would like to inhale the bread pudding though.

I also didn't know they were supposed to have a coffee flavor. I drink about a litre of coffee a day and I have to say, I did not detect any coffee flavor in the ZD's. DW does not drink coffee ever and she didn't detect any coffee flavor either. We like 'em, although I was surprised at how squishy they were. And they don't hold up well outside of the fridge.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't notice a coffee taste!

Nobody in our party of four (two coffee drinkers/two non) cared for them in September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter