Zahanati at Animal Kingdom Lodge

Djm_in_buffalo

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

We plan on staying at AKL in a few months. Have never stayed there. One of the generally advertised amenities is its Zahanati Massage & Fitness Center.

My understanding is that, pre-pandemic, it was a workout room and had limited spa services. Then at least a year+ ago, the workout area reopened, but to present, the massage area remains ‘temporarily closed’.

Looks like the spa at Grand Floridian re-opened approx 1.5 years ago and that it is the only facility currently offering those services on Disney proper. That’s an awful long time to have some but not all spa facilities reopen, if the plan is to reopen.

Any idea when (or perhaps more accurately, if) Zahanati will reopen for massages? If open, I would like to book one for the Mrs. when we go, but don’t think the hassle of going to/from Grand Floridian would be worth it.

No idea if it will reopen. Other hotels in the area have spas as well, I know Swan, JW, Four Seasons do. All she would need to do is catch a rideshare. (I would not use Disney transport as that is not remotely relaxing.)

Honestly, I think it is highly unlikely the other spas will re-open at this point. As PP mentioned, there are other, non-Disney spas in the area that are only a rideshare away. I've gone to Mandara spa at Dolphin and it's very nice. The spa at Four Seasons gets rave reviews.

Sadly, I don’t think the Senses Spa at Saratoga has reopened and I doubt the one at Jambo will anytime soon.

I would highly consider treating her to a day at the Spa at GF! It was an amazing experience and highly worth the commute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter