yup....another Poly or POR thread

Our3ps

Mouseketeer
Hi there everyone!!

This is post # 1 for me....but not really...I switched usernames as my other one had my real last name in it.

I am looking for input...my DH doesn't care to help with the details so I am the one who plans all of our trips to the world. He is a go with the flow kinda guy so its all on me.

So here is the thing. We are a family of 5, DH, Me, DD (9), DS (6), DS (4). We stayed at CBR last time we were onsite and it was a little cramped, not terrible, but not great either. We are currently booked at POR for 7 nights in July/August. We can bump up to the Poly for about $800 more (going from a preferred room at POR to a standard at the Poly). My big positives about staying at the Poly are: monorail access, awesome pool, larger rooms at almost 100 sq feet over POR, and no parking at the TTC to get to MK (we drive & I really dislike having to do this). The only positive with staying at POR is the cost. While we can afford to go with the Poly...my frugal self is having a little guilt about paying it. :rotfl2:

So sell me on which resort to go with??

POR is my favorite resort! POLY was always my dream resort. This trip we're doing BOTH!! :)

We're staying at POR for our park days and then transferring to the Poly for the last 2 days (1 night) to relax and recover before going home.

Both hotels bring something to the table honestly. But if cost is no object, go with the Poly. It has monorail access, movies on the beach, Wishes from the beach, the EWP, and easy access to both the GF and Contemporary!

We are staying at the Poly when we're not going to the parks to fully justify the cost of staying there. So it's not just a bed and a shower.

Whatever you decide, they are both WONDERFUL resorts and you'll have an amazing time!!! POR is much better IMHO than CBR! :)

Poly! Large rooms, and daybed. Great transportation with boat or monorail to MK, and short walking path to TTC for Epcot monorail, so really you would only have to drive to 2 parks if you choose.
Great dining options, beach, I love watching Wishes on the beach, and electric water parade.
While I love Por, I wouldn't love being squished in a room with 5 on vacay.

The Alligator Bayou Rooms at POR are made for families of 5 with 2 queen sized beds and a pull down themed bed that would be perfect for your DD :)

I stayed at both and with 5 people I would go with the poly more room and more comfortable. With 3 or 4 going I would stay at P.O. but with 5 I would stay at poly if money is not a concern it is so convenient with the monorail.

I'm in the same boat. We are booked at POFQ and I really want to upgrade to the Poly as a surprise for DH, but for us the cost is more than $800, so I just can't commit yet.

If you can afford it, then I would probably stay at the Poly. Amortized over the length of the trip, the price difference is a little more than $100 a day, which you could save elsewhere if you wanted. I personally would sacrifice a dinner or two/souvenirs to stay at a Deluxe over a Mod especially with 5 people.

Thanks for all the input everyone! I called and upgraded to the Poly today. I can't wait. :cool1:

Thanks for all the input everyone! I called and upgraded to the Poly today. I can't wait. :cool1:

I think you made a great choice. We've never stayed at POR, but we LOVE the Poly and I think it's worth the extra cost for the many reasons already mentioned. Have a great trip :goodvibes.

:thumbsup2 I think you'll be very happy with your choice. The rooms are noticeably larger (even compared to other Disney deluxe rooms we've stayed in) and you'll have so much more space this way. Plus the Poly has great transportation to the MK and Epcot... plus all the great dining all along the monorail, the fun pool, and the beach where you can watch the fireworks at night. :cloud9:

After trying different resorts the past two trips, I still wish I was staying at Poly both times. It has the best theme and location out of any resort in my opinion. Being able to walk to the TTC to catch a monorail to epcot and having the choice of boat or monorail to MK is so worth it. The vibe/atmosphere at Poly is the most relaxed out of resort that I've experienced which is nice over the crowds at the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter