• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yuk and Yeti Counter Service Review and Coral Reef Table Service

LIFERBABE

DVC MEMBER @ BCV BWV OKW SSR BLT AKV
Title says it all!

Next time Im at DAK Im sticking with Flame Tree BBQ!

We tried the Honey Chicken, Shrimp Lo Mein, and Beef dish and none were very good. The Shrimp lo mein was downright nasty and I returned it for the equally nasty Chicken sandwich.
Chicken used was not quality and the beef was almost absent with plenty of rice to fill the box.

Desserts were the standard cheap desserts in cups.

I think they should rename this restaurant Yuck in the Box since most of the entrees are served in boxes. Not very good advertising or incentive to try the sit down restaurant:eek:

Coral Reef was ok. Wont be returning anytime soon. I found the Risotto to be extremely salty (as was Le Cellier Ris last trip) and the chunks of mushroom were salty too. I could feel my ankles swell with the first bite!:rotfl:

We enjoyed the FWF offerings (except the Lobster Roll)

Title says it all!

Next time Im at DAK Im sticking with Flame Tree BBQ!

We tried the Honey Chicken, Shrimp Lo Mein, and Beef dish and none were very good. The Shrimp lo mein was downright nasty and I returned it for the equally nasty Chicken sandwich.
Chicken used was not quality and the beef was almost absent with plenty of rice to fill the box.

Desserts were the standard cheap desserts in cups.

I think they should rename this restaurant Yuck in the Box since most of the entrees are served in boxes. Not very good advertising or incentive to try the sit down restaurant:eek:

Coral Reef was ok. Wont be returning anytime soon. I found the Risotto to be extremely salty (as was Le Cellier Ris last trip) and the chunks of mushroom were salty too. I could feel my ankles swell with the first bite!:rotfl:

We enjoyed the FWF offerings (except the Lobster Roll)

Sorry you had two unenjoyable meals. We've not done counter service at Yak & Yeti, but had an excellent table service meal there last year.

Each reviewer has a different experience. DH and I really enjoyed Y&Y Counter Service. The egg rolls were tasty and the honey chicken was very good too. But I understand that others can have another view. I can't wait to eat there again in Feb. Hope you had other better eating experiences at WDW!

DD and I agree with you about Y&Y counter service, BUT, we love Y&Y table service--we must eat there every trip:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter