Yuck! Poop in the SSR pool!

dudleydog

DIS Veteran
Lifeguards announced an "unscheduled pool cleaning" and evacuated the pool. Turns out some "poopy" was found from a toddler! We didn't get back in that night.

Unfortunately, it happens all the time... and has happened at every resort.

I agree that it is very gross, but lifeguards/coordinators do have specific procedures to insure that the water is safe again. :)

The same thing happened a few years ago when my family and I stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, so if we wanted to we could have taken the boat to the Contemporary and used their pool.

A couple of trips ago we were in the POP pool and I looked up at the other end and saw a dad pick up a toddler and there was a very runny poopy running out of their swimming diaper and down their leg into the water. That was the fastest I've ever gotten my kids out of the pool! :rotfl:

That's so gross. But, I do remember a similar thread about a mom at the POLY whose child saw a rock at the bottom of the pool. She tried to pick up the rock with her toes and discovered that --surprise--it wasn't a rock at all!!
Lucy's Mom

Its important for parents to have their kids who are in diapers to wear the swim diapers. So, if you see a toddler who isn't wearing a swim diaper, might want to mention it to the lifegueard.

At our pool, the pool manager is always on the deck, and as a kid walks in, looks carefully at the little ones who may be of diaper age. And she will confirm with the parents that they are wearing a swim diaper, and if they don't have one on, they can purchase them.

It really cuts down on accidents, and helps keep the pool open more because if all the kids are wearing them less accidents.

You always want the pool to close if there is an accident because otherwise you could get sick from the contamination. YUCK who wants to get sick from swimming in a pool.

Its important for parents to have their kids who are in diapers to wear the swim diapers. So, if you see a toddler who isn't wearing a swim diaper, might want to mention it to the lifegueard.

At our pool, the pool manager is always on the deck, and as a kid walks in, looks carefully at the little ones who may be of diaper age. And she will confirm with the parents that they are wearing a swim diaper, and if they don't have one on, they can purchase them.

It really cuts down on accidents, and helps keep the pool open more because if all the kids are wearing them less accidents.

You always want the pool to close if there is an accident because otherwise you could get sick from the contamination. YUCK who wants to get sick from swimming in a pool.

Ok, I may have a very dumb question here. I put my DS in Huggies Swimmers. Should I put anything else besides a bathing suit on him? See told you it was dumb::yes::

We were on a cruise on the Magic and someone discovered a "floater" in the family pool. Talk about clearing the deck! Where you have babies you have poop.

Eeeeeeeewwwwwww!!!!!!

Those of us with grown children seem to forget these little things! Thanks for the "heads up"! We'll certainly be more aware when we visit Disney next month!

Swim diapers do not hold in bacteria from fecal matter or non-solid fecal matter. It's why most cruise ships ban non-potty trained children from the pools even if they're in swim diapers (if it's salt water, like it is on most ships, there is no agent in the water to kill the germs). People on the cruise boards call them fecal tea bags because that's essentially what they are...they'll hold in solid pieces but everything else seeps out. The only reason they're allowed at Disney is because the pools are chlorinated.

But still, in chlorinated pools, swimmies are better than regular diapers or nothing so if you see a baby in a regular diaper (or, worse, nothing at all...I've seen it at Disney), tell the lifeguard.

Ok, I may have a very dumb question here. I put my DS in Huggies Swimmers. Should I put anything else besides a bathing suit on him? See told you it was dumb::yes::

At the swim club we belong to they say to triple up: huggies swimmers, plastic pool diaper cover over that (the kind that people used before huggies made their swim diaper), swimsuit over that. It helps to keep things where they belong, but there are still times they have to clear one of the pools.

This same thing happened to us at the Grand Californian at DL on Monday. Boy did they clear that pool fast. It has happened once before when we were visiting (a kid threw up in the pool). It's making me think that staying in a hotel with 2 good pools is a very good idea (GC has 2), since there's not much Disney can do to prevent this from happening.

We stayed for a night at the Pop in May and I saw a girl throw up in the pool. I got my kids out right away. However, the lifeguards did not evacuate the pool. I was astonished. Needless to say, we were done swimming that day. Does Disney have a policy about this?

I can't remember the last time we went to a WDW resort that didn't have a "floater" or two in the pool, and it really doesn't matter which resort one is staying.

Infants, Babies and Toddlers = "Pool Floaters".

There are a lot of condos in SWFL that will not allow non potty trained kids in the pool and no swim diapers either.

We were at the Poly in Oct and they closed down the big pool very unexpectantly...it was down for a few houses...maybe this is why?

During our trip this spring, there was an accident in the POFQ pool and everyone was told to get out.

While they were waiting for some "pool supervisors" to arrive, there was a guy by the pool who thought we was Joe Cool and was oblivious to the world. He gets out of his lounge chair, walks over and jumps into the pool not even aware that no one else is in the pool. The lifeguards come over, tell him to get out and he walks back to his chaise trying to act like he didn't do anything wrong.:rotfl2:

That was an experience we had at CBR several yrs ago. They cleared the pool, treated the water and it weas hrs before anyone was allowed back in.They were careful to make sure it was safe.

It also happened at BB. A child who was challenged rode Summitt Plummitt and had an accident. BIL was 2 behind them in line when it happened. They closed the slide and treated the then also.

It does happen...and swim diapers do not really hold much. once things get wet they don't stay solid long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter