• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your whine of the day...

My library system participates in what is called an interlibrary loan. Basically they use a website that has books from all over the world (I've gotten books from Australia, England, Scotland, Canada, plus a variety of states in the U.S). Libraries loan books between each other (though sometimes for a fee though I always choose that I will not pay a fee to loan the book). They also have other materials too.

Well it used to be 5 requests at one time. Sometime between January and 2 weeks ago they raised the limit to 15. My whine of the day is out of the total 18 requests that I've made only 3 were cancelled (I made new requests once the 3 were cancelled and I currently have 15 active)..you'd think that was a good thing except you only get the interlibrary loans for a few weeks and you cannot renew them. I now have way too many books to read (I think I currently have 9 with 4 more ready to pick up) in the amount of time I've got to bring them back--guess I'll be spending lots of time reading..maybe I should not do 15 requests again lol.

I'm also out of town (from the 18th-22nd) and didn't want to take any of the books with me in case they got damaged (it's an automatic $200 fee if damage occurs--though they tell you that fee can vary) during traveling soooo that's a few days out that I cannot read any of the towering books that I currently have.

Someone I deal with through the course of work sends emails but rather than typing what she wants to say in the body of the email she puts it all in the subject line regardless of the length

Woke up with sore throat, headache, congestion, and ears that feel stuffed full of cotton. This will be the third year in a row I've been sick on or around Christmas.

So much for sleep last night.If there was a topic to think about,my brain tackled it.If there were an olympic medal for tossing and turning,I'd have a slew of them.

brain-i-can-see-youre-trying-to-sleep-so-i-12448526.png

May I have a second petty whine? I don't feel right sharing it with anyone else.

My sister-in-law posted on Facebook that she just received a $4,000 Tiffany ring (yes, I'm petty enough to have looked it up) from her husband, who has been unemployed for well over a year. She just started on disability and has a slew of health problems (awaiting a lung transplant).

I know I should be happy for her, I know! She's been through so much! But the little green envy monster is rearing its ugly head, particularly since they have so little money coming in. I'm the primary wage earner for our family (DH is retired, but I do really well) and we're cash flowing college for DD. I know all DH's done is bought a book for me for Christmas from my Amazon list -- he hasn't thought of jewelry as a gift for me for about 15 years. Sigh.

Yeah, I'm being petty. Thanks for letting me vent.

I work retail - a cashier and sometimes customer service. And right now, I am totally sick of every single customer making some comment about "I bet you're sick of all this right now." I so want to say, yeah, captain obvious, but I know if one of the managers hear me being sarcastic to the customers I'll be in trouble. So I smile and nod, and ring up their purchases.

And another related whine: I am totally sick of co-workers not showing up. We've been short handed all week because at least two people aren't showing up each shift. Because that means the rest of us have to deal with more customers, who have stood in line longer and of course, when we go off on our breaks the people who have to stay behind have to deal with complaining customers. And today because two or three customer service people didn't show up, I had to go and work there, which is my least favorite place to work. And I didn't get to leave on time because the 6:00 customer service people didn't come on time. And I'm sure one of them probably blamed me for the mess - but I was already up there for 45 minutes past my shift. You can freaking clean up the mess others left before I even got there.

I totally relate!!!!!!! Sad to say, but I can't wait for the holiday to be over. And the week after too. Return time, yuck!!!!!!

We are almost to the finish line, just hang in there!!!

Here's my whine for today.

I bought a pair of Lee Rider jeans two weeks ago. I kept the tag. They fit great.

I go to buy a pair today and I see they have Lee Rider khaki pants. So using the tag to compare from the jeans I bought, I buy a pair. Same size, same wording on the tag, everything the same.

They don't fit. I can't even get them buttoned.

Here's my whine for today.

I bought a pair of Lee Rider jeans two weeks ago. I kept the tag. They fit great.

I go to buy a pair today and I see they have Lee Rider khaki pants. So using the tag to compare from the jeans I bought, I buy a pair. Same size, same wording on the tag, everything the same.

They don't fit. I can't even get them buttoned.
:mad: Hate it when that happens.

My whine relates to trying to max out my dental coverage before the end of the year. I can’t get an appointment next week so now I’ve got a cleaning and a root canal scheduled tomorrow along with the expense of a crown to absorb before Christmas. :scared:

I am frustrated with the gifts my assistant buys me. I suspect she is re-gifting items that she got when she cleaned out her mother's house a few years ago. This is the third year I've gotten towels. I'm off the age that I don't need any more towels. She also gave me a plaid wrap that just isn't my color and I know that I won't wear. We've worked together at least 8 years. She know what I like. I would be happy with a bag of coffee or a gift card to Wawa. And before anyone jumps in and says maybe she doesn't have money, she went on a trip to Italy and Hawaii over the summer and has a cruise planned to Mexico and Belize over spring break. I bought her a $75 gift card to her favorite seafood restaurant and a $50 Kohls gift card.

My whine of the day is this - I miss my parents. They are both gone now and I wish they were here. I am sad that my il's are here and my parents are not. I know that sounds mean but its really how i feel. My parents were parents. They took care of us and were always just there. My il's are not those people. In fact, my dh takes care of them and its frustrating. My dh is the only child in his family that takes care of them when he has 3 other siblings, older siblings with less on their plate than my dh does. It irritates me beyond measure. My MIL knows that I miss my parents and she keeps posting things on FB about how we have all lost people we love blah blah blah...... I don't want to hear it. My mom passed at 69 (13 years ago) and my dad last year at 86. Here my il's are 83 and still going strong. I know I am rambling now and I am sorry but this just makes me angry. I don't want to be this person but I am :-(

I’m sick with a cold. I was sick 2 days ago with the stomach flu. My DH got completely better after the stomach thing & now I have this! I’m pregnant so it’s probably b/c immune system is down. Merry Christmas to me :(

My whine of the day is this - I miss my parents. They are both gone now and I wish they were here. I am sad that my il's are here and my parents are not. I know that sounds mean but its really how i feel. My parents were parents. They took care of us and were always just there. My il's are not those people. In fact, my dh takes care of them and its frustrating. My dh is the only child in his family that takes care of them when he has 3 other siblings, older siblings with less on their plate than my dh does. It irritates me beyond measure. My MIL knows that I miss my parents and she keeps posting things on FB about how we have all lost people we love blah blah blah...... I don't want to hear it. My mom passed at 69 (13 years ago) and my dad last year at 86. Here my il's are 83 and still going strong. I know I am rambling now and I am sorry but this just makes me angry. I don't want to be this person but I am :-(
I liked your post but I want to make sure you know I didn't " like" your situation but I understand.:grouphug: My dad is still alive and I am hoping he will know who we are and that it's Christmas. So he doesn't seem like my dad anymore. My IL's " oh it's great you get to spend time with your family too" but really, it's not. There's nothing great about it. " oh, your dad will be so happy to see you!" Really? Prob not. My DH is a saint and understands. But there isn't anything we can do to change the situation. Do you have something, anything, really positive to focus on? That's what I'm trying to do.

:mad: Hate it when that happens.

My whine relates to trying to max out my dental coverage before the end of the year. I can’t get an appointment next week so now I’ve got a cleaning and a root canal scheduled tomorrow along with the expense of a crown to absorb before Christmas. :scared:
Oh goodness!! I think after your husband gets back from his trip, you guys need some quiet celebrating. A nice dinner out. Or a night away in a hotel. You guys have had a lot of unexpected stress all at once.

Instead of going to physical therapy this morning I spent $150 at an emergency dental appointment to get two of DS6's baby teeth pulled. He woke up in a lot of pain because an adult tooth came in behind a baby tooth that wouldn't come out. That tooth and another tooth needed to be pulled because they weren't going to come out on their own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter