• Wilderness Lodge

• Fort Wilderness Cabins

• All-Star Music Family Suite

• Two Adjoining Rooms at Pop

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

rvashko

Mouseketeer
We just returned from a stay at AKL in a savanna-view 1-bdrm villa. With three young children, we really loved having the kitchen, as well as the washer/dryer. We don't see ourselves giving either amenity up any time in the near future.

So now I'm looking ahead to mid-December, 2011, for our next trip, and as fantastic as AKL was, we'd like to try something different. Part of me is looking at OKW for the room size. Another part is looking at Wilderness Lodge for the theming. Another is looking at Boardwalk for the, uh, Boardwalk.

I'd be interested in and grateful for your opinion(s).

I love the 1BR's at BLT - the extra bath is really a great feature. And love the location on the monorail.

I would ask yourself which park do you plan to spend the most time at because with Bay Lake Tower you can be within walking distance of the Magic Kingdom and with the Boardwalk Villas you can be within walking distance of Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

Thanks for the comment. I was actually more interested in the stand-alone merits of each resort, irrespective of our specific park touring plans.

If you can get a villa on the outside of the curve at BLT, those are the best! They are much larger since the living room area is kind of wedge shaped. It's nice to have the sleeper chair and the sofa bed so people don't have to share, and the extra full bathroom is great. It's also nice to be able to access the balcony from both the bedroom and the living room.

Beach Club for Stormalong Bay, Cape May, and Beaches and Cream. I think this is a better side than Boardwalk and still has proximity to EPCOT and DHS.

:woohoo:

Our favorite is the BCV.It is not the biggest or nicest out of the villas, but we love it since it is closest to Epcot , the boardwalk area and has Stormalong Bay

I have to admit that Stormalong Bay was calling to me, as were the Kitchen Sink and the No Way Jose at Beaches & Cream.

However, I included Fort Wilderness, though not really a villa, because I've heard it's decorated very nicely for the holiday season.

Gotta go with Beach club. Stromalong Bay and the great walk to Epcot plus the Boardwalk make it a great place to stay.

Our favorite is the BCV.It is not the biggest or nicest out of the villas, but we love it since it is closest to Epcot , the boardwalk area and has Stormalong Bay

And don't forget the chocolate gingerbread carousel in the lobby of the BC during the holidays.

How old are the children? Are you booking with points? If you are booking through CRO, you will not be permitted 5 if all the children are 3 or over at BWV, BCV, SSR, WL, AKV Jambo value rooms. These resorts just have a king bed and a queen sleeper sofa. AKV (except value rooms), BLT & OKW (once renovations are complete) have a sleeper chair for the 5th person.

How old are the children? Are you booking with points? If you are booking through CRO, you will not be permitted 5 if all the children are 3 or over at BWV, BCV, SSR, WL, AKV Jambo. These resorts just have a king bed and a queen sleeper sofa. AKV Kidani, BLT & OKW (once renovations are complete) have a sleeper chair for the 5th person.

When we stayed at AKV Jambo 1-BR concierge last year, we had a sleeper chair. Have they been removed since then, or was that just because it was a concierge room?

Thanks,
Erin

When we stayed at AKV Jambo 1-BR concierge last year, we had a sleeper chair. Have they been removed since then, or was that just because it was a concierge room?

Thanks,
Erin

Sorry, my mistake. AKV Jambo does have the sleeper chair except value rooms. I'll correct my post.

One child will still count as an infant in 12/2011.

Also, we had a sleeper chair in our non-concierge Jambo 1-bdrm villa just last week.

Sorry, my mistake. AKV Jambo does have the sleeper chair except value rooms. I'll correct my post.

Glad to hear it. AKV is our favorite and DD13 and DS7 do not want to sleep in the same bed. They take turns with who sleeps in the sleeper chair every night.

we had a one bedroom villa at boardwalk last december and it was the best stay we have ever had. we had water view which was basically looking towards the swan and dolphin and the water way where the boats travel to and from. being able to sit/walk the boardwalk was worth every penny of the trip. usually after we were done with the parks we would go back to the room and watch tv and nobody wanted to do that during that stay. we will definatly be back there.

Old Key West. Not only for the room size but the full size laundry room and being able to park almost outside your door.

Can't beleive I actually voted for BLT, but I did. I love the area, the ease of getting to MK. I actually wanted to buy more DVC points so that we could stay at a one bedroom every other year!!! Love the addtl bathroom...so nice to have. Not too much I don't like at BLT.
BUT...love, love, love BWVs. And during the holidays, you can't beat it. I go down every Dec and that's where I stay. BWV is my true DVC home. The holiday decorations are wonderful, the gingerbread creation in the lobby is incredible each year. And being able to just wander around on the boardwalk at night is wonderful..not to mention the ease of getting to both Epcot and DHS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter