Your ULTIMATE SURVIVAL GUIDE to Disney World at Christmas Time! UPDATE x2 10/21

508,just in case you haven't heard,"Channel 18 Stacey" was in New Fantasyland last week filming a NF update for the "Must Dos"!:)

Here is a picture(she has on her frumpy "Must Do" clothes!).:)

http://twitter.com/DisneyatWork/status/259003191071477761/photo/1

I saw that! One of the girls I follow on twitter got to meet her! I can't wait to see the new segments! I'm glad that they're still keeping Stacey around! :yay:

I'm also sad for the end of this TR. It was really the first in depth report that turned me on to searching out other TRs (including your friends) but I'm so excited for the new one! :banana:

We will miss each other by literally one day this holiday season, but I'm glad we will both be there. Whoo Hoo!! :santa: And the tip list is definitely coming with us. Already received the carriage necklaces from EBay and can't wait to surprise my daughter in Japan!

So glad for your DCP acceptance and placement. I hope it's everything you want and more! Keep moving toward your dreams!!:cheer2:

Aww thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the TR and read other ones! I hope you enjoy the new one!

Aww will we? How sad haha. I hope you have a magical trip, though! I also hope that the tips get put to good use! Aww I have my carriage necklace on right now actually! She's gonna love it!

Thank you! I hope so too! I am really looking forward to it!

That is awesome still!! I looked for you when I was down there in October but didn't see you!!! Hopefully we make it down again while you are on CP -- your trip reports really hooked me onto the DIS!! Thanks for another great report!! See you on your newest!!

Aww we were probably in different places! Yes hopefully - that would be awesome! And thank you so much, that's such an honor!! :goodvibes You're so welcome! Thanks for following!

Loved your trip report! We're planning a December trip, so your trip report was super helpful and fun to read. Congrats on the DCP!!!

Oh good! I'm so happy about that! Thank you so much! Have a magical trip!

Another great TR Jess! I can understand why it was one of your best trips ever. You had so many great experiences. I'm looking forward to reading this next one.

I'll be down to Disney in April...if you see a crazy lady and her 2 kids waving at you...it could be me ;)

Going to sub in to your Oct. TR!

Thank you so much! Yes we did! I'm so glad!
Hahaha if you see me, feel free to come introduce yourself! :)
Awesome - see you there!

Wow can't believe your wonderful TR is done. This was one of the best I've ever read. I loved seeing WDW at Christmas time. I have already subscribed to the next one and I'm really looking forward to your DCP reports.

I know! It's like part of me is missing now. :laughing:
Thank you so much for those kind words! Yes, it really is the most beautiful sight!
That's great! Thank you!

I can't believe it's over! I've enjoyed reading your TR so much because most of my WDW trips have been at Christmas, so it's like reliving my past trips all over again.

That stinks that you guys had some travel issues with missing the DME bus and then being dropped off at the wrong gate. But at least you made it everywhere on time!

Post Disney depression is the WORST. Especially when you don't have another trip planned. BUT NOW YOU GET TO LIVE/WORK AT DISNEY!! :yay:

Me neither! Aww I'm glad you were able to relate to it!
I know, that was complicated!
It really is! But I don't have to have it for QUITE a long time now! :yay:

Congrats on being accepted in to the DCP!! The DCP is something I wish I would have done, but I FINALLY graduate with my masters in December so its a tad bit too late :( To answer your question about storage places, there is one in Celebration that does have places for cars. It's called Celebration Self Storage, hopefully they will be able to help you out! I can't wait to read about your experiences in the DCP!

Thank you so much! Aww I'm sorry you didn't get to do it, but congrats on your masters! That's awesome. Ahh thank you! That is really helpful! I will keep that place in mind. Thanks!

Well, I hate to see it come to an end but I am equally happy to start your new TR AND then be able to hear about all your happenings on your DCP. ECK!! Should be a blast even for me who gets to live vicariously through you :)

Aww thank you! I'm so excited! I'm glad you enjoy the reports!

Thank you for sharing your trip! I love your trip reports.

Is it bad that I am worried you will be too busy once you get down there for the College program that I will have less to read about on the DIS? SO SELFISH!

Seriously though, I can't wait to read about that too!

You're welcome and thank you!
Hahaha I mean, it is a possibility. But I will try and figure out the best system for reporting!
Thank you!

Booo to the sadness of it being over, but hey, there's another one on the go! Yay! The last day is always so sad, and I really do like having a meal on the last morning, you gotta have that last chance Disney food.

I definitely feel the same about getting home and being all "I'm hungry, but I don't want anything that's not Disney food!" Ha.

Traveling "home" seriously sucks, there's nothing as awesome to look forward to as Disney, so when you're leaving, it's just sad!

I'm so happy that you get to live your dream, and I'm super excited to meet you in Jan during your CP. It's gonna be so awesome! (and hopefully I'll hear back sometime soon and we'll be working down there together!!)

I've already opened your next TR! ha! I certainly do love reading all about your Disney trips, your TR's are great!

Yes, there always is! And yes, gotta eat as much Disney food as you can!

Hahaha yup I do that every trip!

It really does! That's why I always like having another trip planned!

Me too - thank you so much! When are you getting there in January? I'm arriving on the 22nd.. but I don't know what that first few weeks has in store for me. I imagine lots of training!

And ooh what did you apply for!?!

Awesome! Thank you so much!

Great Trips! Thanks for sharing them with us all.

Thank you so much! Thanks for reading about them!

I've been enjoying reading your trip report today!! Me, my husband, daughter and son went during Xmas week end of 2009/2010. We had a great time!
Fireworks on NYE were amazing!! Your trip report brings back great memories!
:thumbsup2 Hopefully, next time you're family will just stay at Disney Resort in the first place and avoid the hassel/dissapointment of changing resorts!!
One Question: How do you afford to go back so often!! LOL
My travel agent's daughter did a college internship at disney the year we were there working in "Le Cellier"!! It was the greatest experience she says.
My trip report was called " Lace up your sneakers if you think you can keep up"
I look forward to reading more!!

Debbie:goodvibes

Thank you! I'm so glad you did!
I completely agree!
Yeah, we never do the whole off-site thing. Like I said, we were just trying to use up weeks from our other timeshare. Bad choice. :sad2:
That's really awesome!
Thanks!

Love this report Jess!!! So happy for you about the college program!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Thank you so much! :goodvibes

Best. Trip report. Ever! pixiedust:
Loved all the updates and info once again! Off to read about the Halloween time trip :goodvibes:

Aww thank you so much! You're so sweet. See you over there!

Just wanted to collect my gold star for reading your entire TR before I head on over to your next one! :cool1: Thank you for sharing your pictures, stories & disknowledge, you are going to make such an awesome CM!

Hahaha here ya go! pixiedust: (that's close to a gold star, right? :laughing:)
I hope you enjoy the new report! Thank you so much - I sure hope so!

Aw, I'm kind of sad this TR is over - I guess it's time to move onto your new one. And yay for staying at the Yacht Club in December! Have you made your NYE plans yet?

Aww thank you! Yes I'm absolutely THRILLED!! I'm just planning on seeing the Epcot fireworks! I don't know specifically what we are doing yet, though.

Congrats on getting your dream job! I'm so proud of you! You are so perfect for the job, Disney made a fantastic choice in selecting you! You deserve it and I can't wait to hear all about your incredible journey!

I want to see the Dapper Dans playing ping pong together! That sounds so adorable. I hope they sing competitive jabs at each other. "You missed, you missed, yooooou missed!" (Put that to Dapper Dans music lol)

And meeting Joni! That sounds so magical! She seems so sweet!

Oh my goodness. Staying at the Yacht Club. How perfect!! OMG. I'm so happy for you! Like no joke.

YUM! Chef's Mickey is so delicious. I could go for some breakfast there now! (Even though it's nearly 6 my time. I'm very pro-breakfast whenever. Oh man...now I feel a Taylor Swift moment coming on..."It feels like a perfect night for breakfast at midnight." :rolleyes1)

And now I'm sad this tr is over so I'm going over to the new one!

Aww thank you so much! I'm really glad you think so!
LOL oh my God... that's hilarious! I would love to see that! :rotfl:
She is such a sweet heart! I love Joni!
I am SO excited!! Aww thank you!
It really is! I know, I could eat breakfast (there especially!) at any time of the day!
BAHAHA YESSS I love her new album! That's one of my favorite songs! :thumbsup2

This definitely was epic!!! You are such a a great story teller.

I just texted me sister and told her to apply for the DCP! She is the same age as you, I would love her to be able to do that!

That is good to know about ME. I always want to take a later one. Leaving 3 hours before our plane leaves always is too much waiting time! Did they give you any problems about missing the bus and having to take the next one?

Thank you so much!
Aww I hope she does!
I don't think you're allowed to... we just missed it so they had to put us on the later one.

I really enjoyed your trip report i t helped me plan a lot of must dos for our upcoming trip. only 43 more days! I thought I told you on here but I couldnt find it but Congrats on DCP!!!!! I think I might have on instagram. You will do wonderfully!!!!

Thank you! I'm glad it helped! That's so soon!!! :yay:
Aww thank you again! I can't wait!

Jess, I've just sat here and read through all of your TR's they are the best ones I have ever ever read! You put so much effort into them, it's awesome!

And huge huge huge congratulations on being accepted into the DCP! That is so cool and I am super jealous. You really deserve it, I literally had tears in my eyes when I read your accepted post!

Well done! :)

Wow, thank you so much! That means a lot to me! :goodvibes

I"ve just caught up with your TR, I dropped of the face of the earth for a while,.

That last I was here I was wishing you good luck on your phone interview with Disney and now!!!! Holy Cow, accepted, and moving to Disney!

:jumping1:CONGRATULATIONS!!!:jumping1:

I think Disney made a wise choice and I think you will do an amazing job! I can't wait to hear all about it! I will definitely have to follow along.

And just to sum up the rest of the TR, AWESOME. What a fabulous family trip. I have 5 days before we leave for our ,hopefully, fab trip I and can't wait.

Well welcome back and THANK YOU SO MUCH!
I'm so glad you think so! :goodvibes
I'm glad you enjoyed the rest of the TR, and I hope you have a magical trip too! Let me know if you start a TR!

Loved your trip report--it was awesome! *Heads over to new TR.*

Thank you! See you there!

Hi Jess,

I was lucky enough to find your TR by googling TIW not being able to be used on certain days! :goodvibes So here I was trying to find information out and then I got hit by you and could have cared less that I got an answer from google. I spend hours and hours and hours this weekend reading your TR. :worship:

I can't even express to you how much joy you've brought through your words - your photos - your love for your family and simply YOU. Your enthusiasm and love for life is beyond a gift.

I got all excited when I saw Tim Horton's early :rotfl2: - thinking you're Canadian but then I put my brain on and realized you must be in or around Buffalo. Your father's sweatshirt kind of sealed that deal. ;) But then I got an "Oh wow" with your grandmother. So yeah you're partially Canadian. :lmao:

I have a question that has probably been answered - I read through links only so missed a lot of interaction. BOO for me! Anyway, before I ask please know that I KNOW that your camera has NADA to do with your absolutely miraculous eye for photography. So it's simply curiosity because I KNOW it's not the camera. But what do you use - I'm curious.

I'm not all caught up yet but was excited to see that you've been accepted. I'm there until January 5th - Drat I wanted to possibly thank you in person for this absolute gift of a TR.

You might think I'm a nut job - oh well :lmao: - but I'm going through a lot with serious illness in my family and through tears I can not even express to you how LOVELY and HEALING your TR was for me. I'm sorry for being so deep on your TR. ;) But oh well.

All the best to you and your entire family,

Lisa

And by the way I have never ever had a manicure in my life :scared1: but I'm actually thinking of doing my nails like yours for my upcoming trip. :rotfl2::rotfl: which at 45 cracks me up to no end. :rotfl2:

Jess, thank you so much for sticking with this and giving my life a little extra Disney joy. You are a doll and it is so fun to see everything through your (Disney lovin) eyes.
I just wish everyone loved Disney as much as you do (and me too).
And thank you for giving your readers a gold star. I am going to cherish mine!
I loved (in your trip update) when you said that if the yacht club was a person you would marry it. Made me laugh. More Disney joy from Jess the princess.
I loved this trip report so much that I might consider a serious relationship with it that could lead to marriage.
But wait. What if I love your next trip report even more! I better stay single so that I can keep my options open.
Actually I am married already but your trip reports are so good I forgot my status for a minute.
I am off to read the new report.
Thank you so much for all the reports!!!

Hi Jess,

I was lucky enough to find your TR by googling TIW not being able to be used on certain days! :goodvibes So here I was trying to find information out and then I got hit by you and could have cared less that I got an answer from google. I spend hours and hours and hours this weekend reading your TR. :worship:

Haha I love that you found me through a google search. I'm so glad that you were instantly hooked to the report! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! :goodvibes

I can't even express to you how much joy you've brought through your words - your photos - your love for your family and simply YOU. Your enthusiasm and love for life is beyond a gift.

Aww that really means a lot for me. I'm so glad that shows through my writing, because that's exactly how I feel!

I got all excited when I saw Tim Horton's early :rotfl2: - thinking you're Canadian but then I put my brain on and realized you must be in or around Buffalo. Your father's sweatshirt kind of sealed that deal. ;) But then I got an "Oh wow" with your grandmother. So yeah you're partially Canadian. :lmao:

You are correct! :thumbsup2 And yeah my Grandma only moved to Canada after she got remarried... so I'm not technically Canadian by blood or anything. :laughing:

I have a question that has probably been answered - I read through links only so missed a lot of interaction. BOO for me! Anyway, before I ask please know that I KNOW that your camera has NADA to do with your absolutely miraculous eye for photography. So it's simply curiosity because I KNOW it's not the camera. But what do you use - I'm curious.

I'm sure that my camera and my iPhoto have a bit to do with my picture quality. :laughing: I have a Nikon D3100 which is a DSLR camera. It takes GORGEOUS pictures. I love photography though, too! :goodvibes

I'm not all caught up yet but was excited to see that you've been accepted. I'm there until January 5th - Drat I wanted to possibly thank you in person for this absolute gift of a TR.

Aww darn I'll miss you by a day since I'm going for New Year's! That's so sweet of you! Thank you so much.

You might think I'm a nut job - oh well :lmao: - but I'm going through a lot with serious illness in my family and through tears I can not even express to you how LOVELY and HEALING your TR was for me. I'm sorry for being so deep on your TR. ;) But oh well.

Haha I don't at all! Your comment made my day. Oh my goodness, I am SO happy I could help. :hug: I'm so happy that my trip report had that effect. That's incredible. I will keep your family in my prayers. I hope things start looking up!

All the best to you and your entire family,

Lisa

And by the way I have never ever had a manicure in my life :scared1: but I'm actually thinking of doing my nails like yours for my upcoming trip. :rotfl2::rotfl: which at 45 cracks me up to no end. :rotfl2:

Thank you so much!

Haha that would be awesome if you did! :thumbsup2

Jess, thank you so much for sticking with this and giving my life a little extra Disney joy. You are a doll and it is so fun to see everything through your (Disney lovin) eyes.
I just wish everyone loved Disney as much as you do (and me too).
And thank you for giving your readers a gold star. I am going to cherish mine!

You are so welcome! I was so excited to write this trip report and I am so glad that I had the opportunity to share it with all of you! Thank you for sticking with me all the way to the end. Thank you so much for your compliments! :goodvibes

I loved (in your trip update) when you said that if the yacht club was a person you would marry it. Made me laugh. More Disney joy from Jess the princess.
I loved this trip report so much that I might consider a serious relationship with it that could lead to marriage.
But wait. What if I love your next trip report even more! I better stay single so that I can keep my options open.
Actually I am married already but your trip reports are so good I forgot my status for a minute.

Bahahaha :rotfl2: You crack me up. I'm glad you can understand my insanity. :laughing:

I am off to read the new report.
Thank you so much for all the reports!!!

See you over there!
You're welcome!

I got all excited when I saw Tim Horton's early :rotfl2: - thinking you're Canadian but then I put my brain on and realized you must be in or around Buffalo.

Tim Horton's has migrated south of the border. They are all over Ohio. I live within a 5 minute drive to 2 of them.

Your TR takes on so much more meaning now because my husband and I are going to WDW this Christmas! Haha, I feel like I should reread from the beginning, but I'll just pick up from July where I left off (wow, that was a long time ago!).

Haha, wow, Tomorrowland Terrace was open?!? That's a TON of people! We're intrigued just so that we too can say we've eaten there. Same with Diamond Horseshoe! We especially want to see it because of the one room from VMK with the little mice scurrying in the upper left corner (I think I remember your saying you played VMK too?).

I'm paying more attention to what you're wearing in your pictures and the weather you posted too because I'm not sure what exactly to pack for this December. I'm thinking it's going to be frigid since I'm used to NYC weather, but it looks like it still has the potential to be warmer. I'm liking that!

Thanks for those reviews of The Wave. I'm thinking of stopping by there during December because a CM that we loved at Le Cellier now works there. I don't see it in reviews that often, so I enjoyed seeing yours.

Can you hear Candlelight Processional from outside the theater? I don't want to put in the extra money for the tickets or deal with the massive crowds when sometimes I don't feel well (that's why we don't really schedule many ADR's or if we do, I like knowing we can cancel them). You described it so beautifully, but I don't think we'll go and actually watch the whole thing, but I'd like to see what it's all about by walking by!

Um, what now? 80 minutes for Maelstrom?!? That's insane! I wasn't thinking of planning out all the storytellers, but it really seems like the perfect thing to do despite all the crowds. Plus, it's the only time we'll be able to experience it so we might as well do as many Christmas things as possible! Does everyone just stand around the little stage?

Oh cool! I love Mickey's Jammin' Jungle parade, so I'm thrilled to be able to see the Christmas version! I used to not like the music when it came on DIS Radio, but then it grew on me because of how unique it is. Once I actually saw the parade, I loved it even more!

I'm so amazed and the millions of times you went on Toy Story Mania!!! My husband and I didn't go on it at all during our honeymoon in May because we kept waking up too late (it was the one trip we didn't actually set alarms every day to get up). I am CRAVING it now so badly! Our plan is to try to hit as many EMH as possible during our Christmas trip to "make up" for our honeymoon (taking it easy and going with the flow during that trip was what we wanted/needed though).

Ahhh, I love your real life update! So awesome that you do not have a roommate and that you have lots of space to Disney up your college life!

Your New Year's Eve boat cruise sounded so MAGICAL. I think Sean totally made it with all those facts. I had to copy and paste some to message to my hubby. And how crazy is it that your dad was holding that huge tray of desserts! Yum!

My husband and I stood there by the Haunted Mansion statues for the longest time trying to figure them all out. We were examining the fronts and backs of them (like to see the bird seed), and others were just passing by probably wondering why we were so intent on them, haha. It was a lot of fun! I didn't notice the matches in the hair though!

Oh my gosh, the "tour" you had with Ryan must've been SO FUN. Haha, with all the knowledge you have from the tours you've experienced and your CM friends, YOU should give tours! Thanks for sharing all the info! I'm hoping I remember some so that I can look for things myself (ex. the HM leg from the chandelier!).

How THRILLING that you have your dream job of concierge at Disney! I can't wait to hear all the stories you have to share and all the Instagram photos you'll have, just like Leasha! I hope you have time to make some videos too so we can all feel like we're there right with ya!

This was an AWESOME TR! I hate that it's over, but I love how you stretch it out so that it overlaps with new TRs, haha. Thanks for all the Christmas advice! Like I said earlier, I think I'm going to have to go through your posts again to read those tips. I don't know ANYTHING about Christmas time other than the few things I remember from TRs because I figured I'd NEVER be there, so your "novel" really filled me with good-to-know info!

Tim Horton's has migrated south of the border. They are all over Ohio. I live within a 5 minute drive to 2 of them.

Haha I'm glad they're going to other places now! That's great.

Your TR takes on so much more meaning now because my husband and I are going to WDW this Christmas! Haha, I feel like I should reread from the beginning, but I'll just pick up from July where I left off (wow, that was a long time ago!).

Oh my goodness have an amazing time!! I hope you enjoy rereading!

Haha, wow, Tomorrowland Terrace was open?!? That's a TON of people! We're intrigued just so that we too can say we've eaten there. Same with Diamond Horseshoe! We especially want to see it because of the one room from VMK with the little mice scurrying in the upper left corner (I think I remember your saying you played VMK too?).

YEAH IT WAS! Awww I remember the Diamond Horseshoe room! Ahh so many memories.

I'm paying more attention to what you're wearing in your pictures and the weather you posted too because I'm not sure what exactly to pack for this December. I'm thinking it's going to be frigid since I'm used to NYC weather, but it looks like it still has the potential to be warmer. I'm liking that!

December in Orlando is hit or miss. At the beginning of my trip, I was wearing shorts and T-Shirts. During the middle I had jeans, a jacket, and boots on. Then by the end it was short sleeves again. You pretty much have to bring everything and layer because it's unpredictable.

Thanks for those reviews of The Wave. I'm thinking of stopping by there during December because a CM that we loved at Le Cellier now works there. I don't see it in reviews that often, so I enjoyed seeing yours.

You're welcome! I'm glad it could help!

Can you hear Candlelight Processional from outside the theater? I don't want to put in the extra money for the tickets or deal with the massive crowds when sometimes I don't feel well (that's why we don't really schedule many ADR's or if we do, I like knowing we can cancel them). You described it so beautifully, but I don't think we'll go and actually watch the whole thing, but I'd like to see what it's all about by walking by!

Yes you can! You can line up without the dining package (aka go for free) or you can just listen from the American Adventure pavilion. Either or!

Um, what now? 80 minutes for Maelstrom?!? That's insane! I wasn't thinking of planning out all the storytellers, but it really seems like the perfect thing to do despite all the crowds. Plus, it's the only time we'll be able to experience it so we might as well do as many Christmas things as possible! Does everyone just stand around the little stage?

I know, right!? You should at least try to go to some of them! They were very enjoyable! And yeah I actually sat on the ground around all of the little stages. It was so fun!

Oh cool! I love Mickey's Jammin' Jungle parade, so I'm thrilled to be able to see the Christmas version! I used to not like the music when it came on DIS Radio, but then it grew on me because of how unique it is. Once I actually saw the parade, I loved it even more!

Me too! You'll really enjoy it!

I'm so amazed and the millions of times you went on Toy Story Mania!!! My husband and I didn't go on it at all during our honeymoon in May because we kept waking up too late (it was the one trip we didn't actually set alarms every day to get up). I am CRAVING it now so badly! Our plan is to try to hit as many EMH as possible during our Christmas trip to "make up" for our honeymoon (taking it easy and going with the flow during that trip was what we wanted/needed though).

Haha thank you, thank you. You better go on it a TON of times!!

Ahhh, I love your real life update! So awesome that you do not have a roommate and that you have lots of space to Disney up your college life!

Haha well I do now... but I didn't for the first month. It was nice!

Your New Year's Eve boat cruise sounded so MAGICAL. I think Sean totally made it with all those facts. I had to copy and paste some to message to my hubby. And how crazy is it that your dad was holding that huge tray of desserts! Yum!

It was INCREDIBLE. He really did, he was great! I hope your husband enjoys the info! And YUM those desserts were amazing.

My husband and I stood there by the Haunted Mansion statues for the longest time trying to figure them all out. We were examining the fronts and backs of them (like to see the bird seed), and others were just passing by probably wondering why we were so intent on them, haha. It was a lot of fun! I didn't notice the matches in the hair though!

Haha they are just so cool!

Oh my gosh, the "tour" you had with Ryan must've been SO FUN. Haha, with all the knowledge you have from the tours you've experienced and your CM friends, YOU should give tours! Thanks for sharing all the info! I'm hoping I remember some so that I can look for things myself (ex. the HM leg from the chandelier!).

I LOVED that night. I learned so much!! Someday I hope I can be a VIP Disney tour guide. :thumbsup2 Maybe it'll happen! You're so welcome!

How THRILLING that you have your dream job of concierge at Disney! I can't wait to hear all the stories you have to share and all the Instagram photos you'll have, just like Leasha! I hope you have time to make some videos too so we can all feel like we're there right with ya!

I am SO excited!! I can't wait to share either. It's going to so much fun!

This was an AWESOME TR! I hate that it's over, but I love how you stretch it out so that it overlaps with new TRs, haha. Thanks for all the Christmas advice! Like I said earlier, I think I'm going to have to go through your posts again to read those tips. I don't know ANYTHING about Christmas time other than the few things I remember from TRs because I figured I'd NEVER be there, so your "novel" really filled me with good-to-know info!

Thank you so much! You're very welcome! All of the tips are in like... the 2nd or 3rd post of this trip report! :thumbsup2 I hope that they help a lot!

YAY this was such an amazing TR! I'd be sad that it's over but I mean... it's not like you don't have like 60 other TRs going. So, no one's mad. Aww, I miss Christmas though! I want to go back in December SO BAD. I mean, we've talked about this it bears repeating!! I was so sad walking around Streets of America, seeing all the lights up and ready to go and knowing I wouldn't get to see them!

I seriously can't get a Chef Mickey's ADR for my life anymore. We ate there on the morning of my 16th birthday and it was beyond magical! I can't wait to go back.

Wow thanks!!

You are very welcome!

YAY this was such an amazing TR! I'd be sad that it's over but I mean... it's not like you don't have like 60 other TRs going. So, no one's mad. Aww, I miss Christmas though! I want to go back in December SO BAD. I mean, we've talked about this it bears repeating!! I was so sad walking around Streets of America, seeing all the lights up and ready to go and knowing I wouldn't get to see them!

I seriously can't get a Chef Mickey's ADR for my life anymore. We ate there on the morning of my 16th birthday and it was beyond magical! I can't wait to go back.

Hahaha but really. :laughing: I gotta get all TR things finished before my DCP! That's the goal!

I know, so do I! Someday we will for sure :) I just LOVE the Osborne lights! OH MY GOD I just remembered that they should be up when I go for NYE! THANK GOD. Thanks for reminding me! :banana:

Aww really!? Hopefully you can get another one soon!! They have the most AMAZING mac and cheese for dinner. And for breakfast it's pretty fantastic all the way around, obviously!

So back in March I went searching for "December in Disney" when we were in the throes of trip planning. This TR popped up in the list and we were hooked. It was the first one I read, continued to read (and also your others -- you are such an enthusiastic, contagious writer, a talent you shouldn't ever abandon). Altho we have been to Disney many times, sadly I had never even heard of the DIS. Even SADDER we had never even THOUGHT of food at Disney... usually staying off site (except for one trip to Shades of Green)... and usually just eating counter service or whatever "picnic" supplies brought along on our trip. Oh, but now... BUT NOW our nine days are going to be filled with pound-packing CUPCAKES and school bread and Ohana and CUPCAKES and Via Napoli and little mermaid room and CUPCAKES and Wilderness Lodge and ... did I mention CUPCAKES (is that a problem?), and Crystal Palace (POOHBY!), and OH MY GOODNESS those delectable looking cinnamon rolls (droooool) at Main Street Bakery? I will bowl people over if they're in my way as I rush there first thing. Thanks a lot, princess (not really said in a sarcastic way, lol). Anyway, you have set us on a whole new path of enjoying Disney and for that, we all thank you. You, no doubt, make the perfect concierge!!

So back in March I went searching for "December in Disney" when we were in the throes of trip planning. This TR popped up in the list and we were hooked. It was the first one I read, continued to read (and also your others -- you are such an enthusiastic, contagious writer, a talent you shouldn't ever abandon). Altho we have been to Disney many times, sadly I had never even heard of the DIS. Even SADDER we had never even THOUGHT of food at Disney... usually staying off site (except for one trip to Shades of Green)... and usually just eating counter service or whatever "picnic" supplies brought along on our trip. Oh, but now... BUT NOW our nine days are going to be filled with pound-packing CUPCAKES and school bread and Ohana and CUPCAKES and Via Napoli and little mermaid room and CUPCAKES and Wilderness Lodge and ... did I mention CUPCAKES (is that a problem?), and Crystal Palace (POOHBY!), and OH MY GOODNESS those delectable looking cinnamon rolls (droooool) at Main Street Bakery? I will bowl people over if they're in my way as I rush there first thing. Thanks a lot, princess (not really said in a sarcastic way, lol). Anyway, you have set us on a whole new path of enjoying Disney and for that, we all thank you. You, no doubt, make the perfect concierge!!

I'm so glad you found this trip report! And aww you are so sweet. I will continue to write because I love sharing with you all! :goodvibes

I am SO glad that I introduced you to the joys of Disney food. Don't even feel guilty - calories don't count in Disney ;) Eat all the cupcakes you want! DISNEY FOOD IS THE GREATEST! :yay:

You're very welcome! Thank you so, so much! I'm so glad you enjoyed the report!

Okay, so i'm halfway through your second Christmas TR and just gotta say I love your writing style!!

You're so goofy and funny and remind me so much of me! :thumbsup2

I'm headed to the World in December with a plethora of firsts: First time visiting the World during Christmas, first time taking my mom, first time going as DVC owners :-)cool1: woot woot!), and the first time being parents in WDW! Nervous but super stoked for this trip! And your tips definitely helped so thank you!

Since I am done with planning and it's too early to pack, I have been obsessively reading trip reports to pass time. I am so glad I found this one since we are going 12/21-12/29 (with a Xmas break in the middle to stay with extended family). I loved seeing that even though it got crowded, you still managed to do so much and have an amazing time. I will be taking lots of tips from this TR to heart when we get there next month.

And, congrats on becoming a CP. As a former (and hopefully again soon) CM, you will love working for Disney. It truly is an amazing company to work for.

Since I am done with planning and it's too early to pack, I have been obsessively reading trip reports to pass time. I am so glad I found this one since we are going 12/21-12/29 (with a Xmas break in the middle to stay with extended family). I loved seeing that even though it got crowded, you still managed to do so much and have an amazing time. I will be taking lots of tips from this TR to heart when we get there next month.

And, congrats on becoming a CP. As a former (and hopefully again soon) CM, you will love working for Disney. It truly is an amazing company to work for.

So jealous that you will be at Disney at Xmas. We were there for new years eve
2010/11. Have you checked out ridemax.com? It costs a little bit of money, but so worth it ... you enter the information for each day of what park you want to go to and what time you plan to arrive and it makes you an itinerary. It worked perfectly for us. We never waited in line for any rides during Dec. 26 - Jan. 1st. Plus it will give you more to plan while you're anxiously awaiting your trip!! Have a great time!! You can find my TR from that time at Lace Up Your Sneakers if you think you can keep up"

Sorry to hi jack your thread Disney Freak... but couldn't help responding! lol

Debbie

I'm loving all of your trip reports. Great detail and pictures. Thanks for taking the time to write and post them.

Have you checked out ridemax.com? It costs a little bit of money, but so worth it ... you enter the information for each day of what park you want to go to and what time you plan to arrive and it makes you an itinerary. It worked perfectly for us. We never waited in line for any rides during Dec. 26 - Jan. 1st. Plus it will give you more to plan while you're anxiously awaiting your trip!! Debbie

I decided to take everyone's advice and purchase RideMax. Now that I have, it is giving me the installation instructions, but before I do, I have a question. If I install it on my computer at work, can I also install it on my Mac at home? Or am I only able to install it on one computer, one time? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter