Your ultimate DVC perk.

I'll go with even a modest ticket discount. The AP discount is great (and we appreciate it!), but it doesn't work for everyone.

DisFlan

I'll go with even a modest ticket discount. The AP discount is great (and we appreciate it!), but it doesn't work for everyone.

DisFlan

Ditto - Due to the cost of admission, I can see myself in the future with DVC trips w/o trips into the parks (there's plenty of things in the Orlando area to do at half the cost). That'll be missed income opportunity for Disney.

FP is a great idea!:thumbsup2
I also like the "Members Only" area for special events. Would probably even help "encourage" sales, ppl see these type of "Perks" they'll want in.:cool1:

And here's the sad part.
Even if they GAVE folks everything on this list... there would be an outcry.

1. Fast Passes. "I only go when it's slow and don't need them" or "I don't do the thrill rides so what good is it"
2. Special event. "I can't plan my vacation for that time" (See Member Cruise complaints) or "It costs too much" (i.e., shouldn't YOUR dues be used to pay for MY fun LOL!)
3. Discounts on regular tickets "I wanted the discount on APs" or "They wouldn't let be buy 20 tickets for everyone I ever met with the discount"
4. Discounts on APs. "I wanted the discount on regular tickets" Or "My 45 year old son who I never see should get the discount along with his second cousin"
5. Extra magic hours. "It's too early" (or too late)

Based on the responses on here to anything they do give us I am amazed we get any perks at all!

I actually find the FP idea most entaining considering that EVERY time the rumor comes up that Disney is going to like FP to rooms (i.e., give those folks something for wasting money on a Deluxe Resort) there is a HUGE outcry about how UNFAIR that would be. But if they want to give them to US then, this same board likes that idea???

Personally I think the FP system should be left alone. Disney should not "discrimate" based on your accomdation and in truth if they did then I think those that pay rack rate at a Deluxe should get first dibs. They sure aren't getting thier money's worth on the room LOL!

And here's the sad part.
Even if they GAVE folks everything on this list... there would be an outcry.

1. Fast Passes. "I only go when it's slow and don't need them" or "I don't do the thrill rides so what good is it"
2. Special event. "I can't plan my vacation for that time" (See Member Cruise complaints) or "It costs too much" (i.e., shouldn't YOUR dues be used to pay for MY fun LOL!)
3. Discounts on regular tickets "I wanted the discount on APs"
4. Discounts on APs. "I wanted the discount on regular tickets"
5. Extra magic hours. "It's too early" (or too late)

Based on the responses on here to anything they do give us I am amazed we get any perks at all!

I actually find the FP idea most entaining considering that EVERY time the rumor comes up that Disney is going to like FP to rooms (i.e., give those folks something for wasting money on a Deluxe Resort) there is a HUGE outcry about how UNFAIR that would be. But if they want to give them to US then, this same board likes that idea???

Personally I think the FP system should be left alone. Disney should not "discrimate" based on your accomdation and in truth if they did then I think those that pay rack rate at a Deluxe should get first dibs. They sure aren't getting thier money's worth on the room LOL!

Sad but true, look at the responses about the Broadway tickets.:confused3

I guess they could give you an option to pick one perk per year? That might be good. Well, it's all pie in the sky anyway...:cloud9:

They were offered in the early years of the program. I believe all owners who purchased until the mid 90s got free passes until end of 1999. Maybe if the recession turns into a depression we would have a chance (about equal to a snowball in Orlando :)) of getting them back.

We can still dream though, can't we? ;)

Ditto - Due to the cost of admission, I can see myself in the future with DVC trips w/o trips into the parks (there's plenty of things in the Orlando area to do at half the cost). That'll be missed income opportunity for Disney.

With the economy the way it is, this is exactly how our last trip to WDW went. We were there for 10 nights and didn't step foot into one theme park. If we had the chance at a bigger disct or even free park passes, we would have. :)

I like the FP idea!! I also agree it would be nice to have a discount for all park admissions(annual passes and MYW tickets). We as DVC members are the most loyal of Disney customers and even with discounts, Disney will get money from us.

I think I will write a request into member services giving this feedback, it never hurts to ask. Especially if everyone on here does as well.

As I always tell my sales reps at work, "You'll never get any business if you don't ask, and if you do the worse they can say is 'no'."

They were offered in the early years of the program. I believe all owners who purchased until the mid 90s got free passes until end of 1999. Maybe if the recession turns into a depression we would have a chance (about equal to a snowball in Orlando :)) of getting them back.

They were given to early purchasers, were good through 12/31/1999. The offer ended about 1995 so anyone who purchased after that did not get the passes.

There were conditions:

1. You had to be staying at OKW (then named Disney Vacation Club) on points. Thus when BWV opened later, if you stayed there, you did not get the passes.

2. You got passes for half the room occupancy, thus a Studio and 1-B/R were eligible for 2 passes, a 2-B/R for 4 passes, and a Grand Villa for 6 passes.

3. Passes were only good for the theme parks already opened, which included MK, epcot, and MGM Studios. They were not good at Animal Kingdom when it opened later even though it was before 12/31/99.

As far as I know I think they were paid for by the developer, not Disney.

It was a great perk at the time. We bought in '93 and at the time had some regular park hopper tickets (they didn't expire back then) that we just put away and didn't use them until 2000. They were the kind where when you went through the gate, they stamped the date on them. By the year 2000 everything was computer scanned. We got to the entrance gate at MK, and sure enough, the CM pulled out a stamp and stamped the ticket. That really surprised us as we thought we'd have to exchange the ticket for the kind that could be scanned.

I'd love it if DVC owners had some sort of non-expiring flex-pass option that was reasonably priced and included water parks, Disney Quest, and Disneyland.

I'd also love a extra 10 day booking advantage for dining & other event reservations.

While talking DVC perks with my friend, started throwing around our ultimate DVC perk. I won with members only week at WDW:thumbsup2 . So what would your ultimate perk be:confused3
If we're talking about ultimate, unrealistic, "never-gonna-happen" perks, I would nominate a package consisting of no annual dues for the life of the resort, unlimited free dining at all table service and counter service locations at WDW (including wine), a $500 per day merchandise credit for every night in a DVC room, free entry to all theme parks and water parks, and pool hopping to Stormalong Bay. Oh, and let's add a fifth major theme park, just for DVC members.

But seriously...

Realistically, all DVC perks need to have an economic justification. Someone has to pay for them, and it needs to make sense. Marketing pays for perks that are likely to generate additional DVC point contracts. Our annual dues pay for services that are directly related to perks at our resorts (such as free DVD rentals), and other business entities (such as restaurants) provide discounts that are likely to ultimately result in higher sales and profits from those entities.

Perks that may appear to be "free" on the surface have a cost associated with them upon further examination. For example, Fast Passes do not increase the capacity of an attraction, and there are a finite number of Fast Passes per day. Let's say you give 1,000 special Fast Passes to Soarin' to DVC members each day. That means there are 1,000 fewer Fast Passes available through the usual distribution process. It would mean that guests paying $400 per night at deluxe resorts would be second class citizens compared to DVC members.

Actually, be careful what you wish for. Disney has a far greater economic incentive to give preferential treatment to guests staying at deluxe resorts or booking expensive packages than to DVC members who are contractually committed to paying annual dues.

Fortunately, Disney pretty much treats all guests at Disney-operated on-site resorts the same in terms of perks (Early Entry, package service, free parking, transportation, Magical Express) -- and I hope it stays that way. If Disney ever moves to tiered benefits (beyond the benefits directly related with services at the resort hotel itself), then DVC members are unlikely to be at the top.

Fast Passes is a great idea. Would not cost Disney anything, and would help planning. Also, a better discount for golfers would be useful. It seems hard to believe that tee times could not be set aside for owners. On a past trip with my regular foursome, we stayed at OKW. Played courses in the area, and often ate outside the World.

They can give both discounts. Most people can't aford to go more than once a year.

You don't need to go more than once a year for APs to work. You just need to make sure you stagger your dates just enough so that two trips fall within one calendar year. That's what we do and it saves us a ton of money.

1. FP's for sure! We actually are getting some because we bought AKV at Doorway to Dreams. It is something that they can and already do--this would be great! It is making my trip planning so much easier!
2. We are getting APs for our August trip and plan to return in June. I am planning my trip around the APs. If others could plan around the 10-day non-expiring passes, they would probably be surprised how much more money they would make in the long run.
3. Special viewing area would be great and would be a great marketing gimmick that non-DVCers would see. Would definitely encourage many people to look into DVC.
4. I agree with the other posters, you won't be able to make all of the people happy, but it would be nice if they would add a few more perks. This way, at least most of the people would be happy with something.

I would love a TIW card for Owners. I could get 20% off of what I spend. Sounds like a win win to me

If we're talking about ultimate, unrealistic, "never-gonna-happen" perks, I would nominate a package consisting of no annual dues for the life of the resort, unlimited free dining at all table service and counter service locations at WDW (including wine), a $500 per day merchandise credit for every night in a DVC room, free entry to all theme parks and water parks, and pool hopping to Stormalong Bay. Oh, and let's add a fifth major theme park, just for DVC members.

I like the way you think!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter