Your thoughts on a premiere

Michele

DIS Veteran
I just found out there is going to be a movie premiere at Graumans Chinese Theater while we will be in town. But, I have no idea what this entails. Is it something that you have to devote an entire day to? We can't spend a whole day standing around waiting. Would it be worth it to show up an hour or so before the premiere? Any chance we would see anything?

Premiere's can be fun. You do not have to devote an entire day to it. Just get there 1 hour early and bring your camera. You will always see someone - it is Hollywood. :)

The earlier you get the the closer you’ll be. Getting close enough
to really feel a part of it is next to impossible. All the good
locations are taken by the news media and the next best are
filled with the paparazzi who wait there all day and are very,
very aggressive in holding on to their spots. They WILL shove
people (even kids) out of the way to get a shot.

But if you arrive an hour or so before the people arrive - and
that’s about two hours before the premiere - and get a spot
across the street, you’ll see some of the glitz and stars.

Even if you don't see a whole lot it can be pretty fun!

i would love to have a chance to do that, sounds fun but i wouldn't want to stand around all day!!

We went, it was the premiere of Watchmen. Got there at about 4:45. The crew arrivals were scheduled for 5:00, celebrity arrivals at 6:00. We got a great spot right at the end of the carpet where they were getting out of their cars, right in front of the Kodak Theater.

Here are some pics, although it was raining that day so there was a tent with plastic on the sides over the carpet, so some are a bit distorted.

Here's what it looked like, we actually stood on the other side of the street.
495481062_YKu2H-M.jpg

Malin Ackerman
495478604_odjRL-M.jpg

Carla Gugino
495479066_vWjb9-M.jpg

Oops...Jeffrey Dean Morgan not Harry Dean Morgan
495478828_BqZjX-M.jpg

Ben Roethlisberger
495479535_LM59d-M.jpg

Lorenzo Lamas
495479732_KoLhz-M.jpg

Goran Visnjic
495480009_NrG8V-M.jpg

Jon Voight
495479302_zcX5R-M.jpg

Zac and Vanessa were there
495480550_hQTnc-M.jpg

495480276_rypA6-M.jpg

495480747_v7VQd-M.jpg

It was fun, I'm glad we went. Before we left I just googled 'Los Angeles premieres' and found the details about it.

Nice photos. One comment though it's Jeffrey Dean Morgan, not Harry Dean Morgan.

Ah, my obsession with Supernatural's John Winchester

Nice photos. One comment though it's Jeffrey Dean Morgan, not Harry Dean Morgan.

Ah, my obsession with Supernatural's John Winchester

I'm doing better than the girl who was standing next to me....she thought it was Robert Downey Jr. :lmao:

For anyone interested.... it is sometimes possible to ATTEND Hollywood premieres. I'm not necessarily talking about red carpet events, but you will almost surely see celebrities. The Egyptian Theatre is one site where they have these events. I think they even have a website where you can look up about ticketing/events. We attended a premiere last summer where my kids got to talk to Jenette McCurdy from iCarly and Raine Wilson from The Office. We attended a pre-screening party with food and music. Tickets were $25, and it was quite a scene. Probably the highlight of our trip. that same week, we could have also got tickets to a premiere of a newly restored version of South Pacific at the Cinerama Dome. There were going to be a lot of celebrities in attendance (especially OLD Hollywood), but we already had plans to be in Santa Barbara. It does take some time on Google to find these things. Many of the historic theatres where they have these events have websites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter