Your "Squishy Feel Good Moments"

I would say this situation has brought us together. My husband and I have had our ups and downs, and I never thought being stuck at home with him would be something I could live through, but we are doing ok.

My 5 year old niece randomly phoning for a chat. My sister has a phone plan that includes free phone calls as long as they are under 50 minutes and will allow the phone calls when she is cooking dinner.

My niece will ring and stay on the phone until we say times up. She will tell us about her day, her home schooling, and give commentary on what she is currently do such as drawing or playing. Its hysterically funny as sometimes she just puts the phone down and runs into the other room to ask her mom (my sister) about something :rotfl2:

I think I'll be grateful for the "bonus time" with DS (who's home from college during all this). We've been going for walks together and having family movie/game nights.

I've also learned a lot. I tend to be a bit "tech-phobic" but have jumped into some new things because of the situation. It really pushed me to grow.

Zero. I got nothing.

We are still doing in-house isolation. DH was running a low grade fever and felt "weird" (he said it felt similar if you drank a Red Bull with nothing in your stomach) but nothing major such as shortness of breath. The low grade fever went in and out for days, and 2 nights ago he woke up with a high fever. Last night, nothing. But since it is so sporadic, we are maintaining lockdown in the basement.

I felt nauseous last night. And for the past few days my appetite has been very low -- and I love food. Nothing I have felt fits the profile, but the profile is still so unknown so we aren't taking chances. I am keeping my distance from dd now too.

This sucks. But if DH has it, at least it is a very mild case so I guess that would be a very very very squishy moment.

Zero. I got nothing.

We are still doing in-house isolation. DH was running a low grade fever and felt "weird" (he said it felt similar if you drank a Red Bull with nothing in your stomach) but nothing major such as shortness of breath. The low grade fever went in and out for days, and 2 nights ago he woke up with a high fever. Last night, nothing. But since it is so sporadic, we are maintaining lockdown in the basement.

I felt nauseous last night. And for the past few days my appetite has been very low -- and I love food. Nothing I have felt fits the profile, but the profile is still so unknown so we aren't taking chances. I am keeping my distance from dd now too.

This sucks. But if DH has it, at least it is a very mild case so I guess that would be a very very very squishy moment.
:hug:'s Wishing you guys well.

I think mine might be either calling or texting my son, Vince, a firefighter/paramedic, every day. And likewise his wife, Katlyn, an ER nurse at a large Chicago suburban hospital. I try to ask them how their shifts are going, wish them well on the days they are working and let them know we have their good health foremost on our minds.

I think mine might be either calling or texting my son, Vince, a firefighter/paramedic, every day. And likewise his wife, Katlyn, an ER nurse at a large Chicago suburban hospital. I try to ask them how their shifts are going, wish them well on the days they are working and let them know we have their good health foremost on our minds.

Those have to both be tough jobs right now.....Best wishes to them.
DS has to go to work, but he is with a small amount of people in a big area, but I still worry.
I won't rest at all if one was doing those jobs :hug:

I'm definitely enjoying spending time with my college boy. His school is over 2500 miles away and we were only scheduled to see him for a few days this semester. I'm bummed for him that he doesn't get to do his musical theater classes in person, but he's a naturally good-natured guy and he's making the best of it. One highlight of my day is when he comes out of his room after his final class of the day and announces, "Mom! Dad! I'm home from school!" Cracks me up everytime.

This made me feel good at daybreak. So good that I broke out of jail this morning and went food shopping in my old neighborhood. Had the opportunity to look at the place with somewhat new eyes. I still miss it (mostly the shops) but that was then and this in now. No planning, no pre made menus, no budgeting, just bought whatever looked good. So not me, LOL.
Feeling the sun w/ no pane of glass in the way, walking on a different kind of concrete from the apartment building's staircases. Quick glances into store windows doing speed window shopping with mental bookmarks for later. Gosh it was fun.

Here's what inspired me to love my city anew:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...tion=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Celebrating DH's 50th birthday at home, just the four of us. We hung a few streamers and balloons around our breakfast nook table. The kids and I each made him a card. No gifts. I baked a yellow cake with buttercream frosting from the recipe on the back of the King Arthur's Cake Flour box. DS(12) helped me make home made pizza crust and we had a simple meal of home made pizzas and Caesar salad. We sat around and talked of shoes and ships and sealing wax and cabbages and kings.

There had originally supposed to have been a big blowout 50th party, which was then at the request of my husband scaled back to an outing of some sort (Disney? Universal? The Keys?) that was still to be determined when it became apparent that we weren't going anywhere at all. In the end, I think we all enjoyed how the "party" played out and nobody missed a thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter