Your secret revealed about the disney dining plan

Goofy's Candy Shop in DTD accepts SC you can get create your own Rice Krispy Treat, pretzels and oreos. We stopped by to use up our snack credits on the last day.

Ooh--that's a good one I almost forgot about! I've heard you can get 3 pretzels or 4 marshmallows each with 2 or 3 different dips/toppings for one snack credit. That way, the whole family can each have a little treat for just one SC. You can also get a cookie, or a rice krispie treat, but that just 1 for 1.

I read that last year you could use snack credits for any food item at the F&WF--including things like the Maine lobster roll, which had a sticker price of $6.50. Now that's a bargain!

Great thread! Can you just clarify what F&WF is? That's one I'm not familiar with.

Thanks!

Great thread! Can you just clarify what F&WF is? That's one I'm not familiar with.

Thanks!

Its the Epcot Food and Wine Festival, and frankly with the shortening of the FDDP this year very few of us will get to enjoy the F&W festival with our snack credits it starts September 28th this year...6 days after the last check in day for FDDP, so not may of us will be left.:sad1:

we are a party of 4 (2 adults 1 old teen and on 11 y/old) would get 3 CS for the 3 of us and after 2 days Young ones could get breakfast from the food court.
Ice cream on snack credits you can get 2 scoops from MK ice cream parlor
Paulh

we are a party of 4 (2 adults 1 old teen and on 11 y/old) would get 3 CS for the 3 of us and after 2 days Young ones could get breakfast from the food court.
Ice cream on snack credits you can get 2 scoops from MK ice cream parlor
Paulh

Why "after 2 days"? You get all your credits immediately, you don't have to wait for them to pile up. If you know you'll be sharing, you can have breakfast the first day too.

Why "after 2 days"? You get all your credits immediately, you don't have to wait for them to pile up. If you know you'll be sharing, you can have breakfast the first day too.

its just how i do the math in my head,did it that way easy to explain
Paulh

We used several snack credits for milk and donuts at OKW. It was great for a breakfast and we only had to use 2 credits and it was for 4 of us. We were told on our last day that most people don't use up all their snack credits. We got snacks to go for the plane with our last ones. We love the DP and can't wait to try new places next month when we go to OKW. We love going "HOME".

Its the Epcot Food and Wine Festival, and frankly with the shortening of the FDDP this year very few of us will get to enjoy the F&W festival with our snack credits it starts September 28th this year...6 days after the last check in day for FDDP, so not may of us will be left.:sad1:

True, but there will be plenty of people there in October and November who have paid for the DDP who could use credits at the festival. Not as good as getting it for free, but still a good deal nonetheless. It runs September 28-November 11, and the official list of what will be available won't be out for several months, but here is a link to last year's list:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1239133&referrerid=&highlight=food+wine+festival+2006+list

This list doesn't have prices, but you get the general idea. Obviously, you can't get the wines, but there is a lot of good food there!

True, but there will be plenty of people there in October and November who have paid for the DDP who could use credits at the festival. Not as good as getting it for free, but still a good deal nonetheless. It runs September 28-November 11, and the official list of what will be available won't be out for several months, but here is a link to last year's list:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1239133&referrerid=&highlight=food+wine+festival+2006+list

This list doesn't have prices, but you get the general idea. Obviously, you can't get the wines, but there is a lot of good food there!

Some of the promos for free dining had later end dates. I know for the bounce-back one, you could start your trip as late as 9/29.

Last year at Pop for one snack credit we got a large bag of chips and for another credit we got a jar of nacho cheese dip. That gave the two of us a snack in the room for a week. :thumbsup2

These are all great ideas. I can confirm using the snack credits at the food and wine festival. We did that last year. This is a great option for those that can't seem to use up their snack credits. We don't have any problems using our credits, and found that using them at the F&WF ate them up quickly. We had used all of ours by day 5 and we stayed for ten nights! But, man-o-man! Did we eat well at the F&WF!!:rotfl:

If we dine at a buffet we will usually take a few pieces of whole fruit with us to have for breakfast the next morning or as a snack later. Most buffets have apples, bananas and oranges.

:thumbsup2

If we dine at a buffet we will usually take a few pieces of whole fruit with us to have for breakfast the next morning or as a snack later. Most buffets have apples, bananas and oranges.

:thumbsup2

I wouldn't think that they would let you remove items from the buffet to take home?? Was anything ever said to you?

At Cosmic Rays one of the meal choices is 1/2 a chicken and a slab of ribs, lots of food for a CS. Another good place to get good value for a CS is Pepper Market(I know people write negative things but we have always had good meals here). You can get a steak or prime rib dinner for a CS credit. You sit at a table and the waitress refills your soda.:)

My best tip is to go to the Boulangerie in France and use a CS there. For one credit you can get a savory ( I got a piece of quiche, DD got a sandwich) and a pastry and a drink OR if you want to split the CS you can get 2 savory items and a drink. They are pretty decent sized too.
Also, we spent 3 days out of the park last year during free dining so we had ALOT of extra credits. We found out that if you ask really nice you can get 2 snack items and a drink instead of an actual meal. We got donuts and juice for the room, and chips and cheese dip too. This worked out great for late night when we were snacky esp. since doing this gave us 2 20oz. drinks for the fridge in the room too.

My best tip is to go to the Boulangerie in France and use a CS there. For one credit you can get a savory ( I got a piece of quiche, DD got a sandwich) and a pastry and a drink OR if you want to split the CS you can get 2 savory items and a drink. They are pretty decent sized too.
Also, we spent 3 days out of the park last year during free dining so we had ALOT of extra credits. We found out that if you ask really nice you can get 2 snack items and a drink instead of an actual meal. We got donuts and juice for the room, and chips and cheese dip too. This worked out great for late night when we were snacky esp. since doing this gave us 2 20oz. drinks for the fridge in the room too.

This Boulangerie is so good. The chocolate mousse & the peach tart & the ham & cheese croissants. I would rather eat there than chefs, but then I'd rather eat little bites all day long than a big meal.:hourglass 11 days:banana: :woohoo:

---This is something I just crossposted in another thread, and it completely embraces the philosopy of Chloesmom---

One trick we did involved the Bakery in France. We were eating so much on the plan that we started sharing lunches... Thus leaving us with extra CS credits.
Another thing to note is that you'll be surprised at how valuable your snack credits become.
To save snack credits, and make good use of our 'extra' lunches, we would use a lunch credit at the Bakery and get two high-end snacks.
We would essentially get a 'pastry lunch' with a 'pastry dessert' and a drink, netting us two creme puffs and a water and still having snacks in our back pocket for later (So to speak).
We only discovered the ability to do this on the last day, but we're planning on doing it from the start this year. In all fairness, the snack credits may have been a bit more valuable last year since you could use them during the Food and Wine fest...

Anyway, Enjoy! :-)

-Chris

I wouldn't think that they would let you remove items from the buffet to take home?? Was anything ever said to you?

Never even had a server blink an eye. If I have room in my fanny pack I'll put a piece there, but generally I just hang on to it when we leave. Once a guest has removed food from the serving area, they cannot put it back.

My best tip is to purchase at least a snack before you leave your resort for the 1st time. The CM that checked us in didn't activate the DDP on our keys! We didn't discover it until the next day at CS lunch at Cosmic Rays. We checked in went straight to Chef Mickey's for dinner then the next morning we went to CRT...no problems either place THEN when it was time for lunch none of our cards worked so we had to pay for our lunch OOP! Luckily I had the dining # in my cell phone...they told me that the TS places will "force" the dining plan thru but the CS places will not. The only way to remedy the situation was to get new keys at the front desk of our resort...guest services at the park could not help us with this. We didn't go back to our resort then for dinner we went to LTT and it took literally 30 mintues for them to settle our check...they had to call POP to make sure our cards were valid. We got new keys that night!!

From now on I will go purchase a snack at the food court BEFORE we leave the resort for a full day at the parks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter