Your Secret Food Tip

Oh my goodness I almost forgot my favorite snack of all time-- the barbecue pulled pork cheese fries at Tamu Tamu refreshments are OUT OF THIS WORLD delicious. I'm not even a french fries person but these are incredible, and big enough for two to share.

Pro tip: Grab an order of these, then head around the back of the restaurant and walk down the path...there's a covered gazebo right on the water with plenty of seating and shade. It's a little out-of-the-way so it's never crowded, but there's a nice view of the water while you eat!

Pro tip: Grab an order of these, then head around the back of the restaurant and walk down the path...there's a covered gazebo right on the water with plenty of seating and shade. It's a little out-of-the-way so it's never crowded, but there's a nice view of the water while you eat!

Is this gazebo on the map? I can't find it. Sounds like a nice place to relax with lunch.

Is this gazebo on the map? I can't find it. Sounds like a nice place to relax with lunch.

First of all MY FAULT, in my haste to give my favorite food tip I accidentally gave the wrong name :rolleyes2; the pulled pork fries are at Flame Tree Barbecue not Tamu Tamu! Behind Flame Tree is a little pathway that leads down to the water; you can kind of see it on the map but it's definitely shaded and off the beaten path!

Sorry about the confusion-- the gazebo behind Flame Tree is a perfect place for a lunch stop!

Another vote for Les Halles in France! The food is delicious (and authentic) and portions are generous. It's a lesser-known, often overlooked spot but one of my favorite counter-service spots in WDW! Check it out, you won't be disappointed :)

Yes! It's my "must do" thing every time we go to Epcot. If it's cold out, the lobster bisque is so delicious, the creme brûlée is out of this world, and the fact that I can have this with a glass of champagne makes it perfect. The rest of the food is really good, too.

First of all MY FAULT, in my haste to give my favorite food tip I accidentally gave the wrong name :rolleyes2; the pulled pork fries are at Flame Tree Barbecue not Tamu Tamu! Behind Flame Tree is a little pathway that leads down to the water; you can kind of see it on the map but it's definitely shaded and off the beaten path!

Sorry about the confusion-- the gazebo behind Flame Tree is a perfect place for a lunch stop!

Thanks for the follow up. I'm definitely going to look for this. Thanks!

As others have stated, my two tips aren't exactly secret, but they're not widely known, either.
1) Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar in Epcot: antipasto, cheeses, small plates, and an excellent wine list all existing in a cozy lounge area with couches, cushy chairs, and coffee tables. Relaxing, good eats, good drinks, and you can't make an ADR.
2) Mickey waffles at Roaring Fork at WL: Currently, RF is closed for refurbishment, but when open, they have made-to-order Mickey waffles with toppings such as strawberries & cream, bananas, chocolate chips, peanut butter, etc. As they are made fresh, it's hard to for any other place to beat them in terms of taste and texture.

Last edited:
My tip is less meals more snacks. We did this on the last trip, we replaced a QS meal with two staggered snacks. It seemed like we had more time in the parks if you don't mind eating on the go.

We discovered Cookes of Dublin on our last trip. All 5 of us tried something different, and it was all yummy, but the Fish and Chips was the winner. we are looking forward to returning in August!

Spice Road Table
The outside lounge at HBD
All the places at the Swolphin
"Washington Apple" at the Rose and Crown bar. I was first introduced during a 10 month project I did in London, and when I went in to get something the bartender suggested it and now its become a tradition with all the folks with which I have traveled.

I almost forgot about Washington Apples! It was one of my favorite things to order for a while. Sometimes, bartenders will assume you want the shot so if you want the cocktail, you have to specify when ordering..at least I've had that happen to me here in S FL before.

All your suggestions are great! I've gone to SRT & loved it!

The HBD lounge is on my list for the Cobb Salad (but so many other things on the menu look good)! I was planning to go this past trip but it was raining all day so it was a no-go.

Spice Road Table in EP. BEST TS in EP IMHO. Try the hummus and the lamb sliders.

Ooh, so nice to see this pop up here! I made an ADR at Spice Road Table in order to get a good view of Illuminations, but hadn't seen much about it on here one way or the other. :)

We love ham and cheese croissants from the Patisserie in France. Under 5$ and delicious. We also really look forward to Earl of Sandwich in downtown Disney.

Kate

Oh my word?...I had no idea that it came back! It was not there over the summer, and this cleaved my heart in two!

You have made my day! :worship:

On a different note, the Latin poutine at Disney Springs (from Daily Poutine) is pretty stellar: pulled pork and black beans over yuca fries! Key Lime tart at Sunshine Seasons is yum, the pork dish at Be Our Guest at lunch is a sweet deal, and if you are willing to travel, Riverside Mill at POR has an abundance of choices for a food court!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter