• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your pets weirdest favorite treats

Not really a snack but my cat always wants to lick me like crazy when I wash my hands with soap or take a shower.
I think its adorable but at the same time I'm like is it really safe for you to be licking my hands after I had stuff on them???

1 of our cats drags the bath mat away in his mouth and hides it under the bed. I find the bath mat in all sorts of unusual places. He must really like how the soap smells or something. Haha!

We had a German Shepherd that was scary smart, she had Sch3 and UDX titles. She was one bad mamma jamma, absolutely fearless and hilarious. If we had the little valentines sweetheart candies she would bark and snap her teeth until we gave her some. If you pointed your finger at her and made a face at her, it would tick her off. I really miss that girl.
I had a Dalmatian who loved those!

1 of our cats drags the bath mat away in his mouth and hides it under the bed. I find the bath mat in all sorts of unusual places. He must really like how the soap smells or something. Haha!
My Snowshoe will pee on any small type of rug, bathmat, the little rug in front of the sink, the welcome mat at the front door. So weird.

It could just be his security blanket.
My one cat used to literally drag a blanket around the house and we thought it was rather strange but then when I got a new kitten after that cat had passed away I bought a cute little bear that she picks up and carries throughout the house at random when I'm not paying enough attention to her so now I don't think my other cat was weird it was just his security blanket.

My cat, who normally will not eat any type of human food, loves lo mein noodles.
And my chihuahua will eat corn on the cob. I'll hold it for him so he doesn't run off with it, but he'll clean the cob completely.

Our Airedale loved baby carrots and tomatoes. I had to keep the tomatoes on top of the fridge or he would find a way to steal one off the cabinet! His stance after he stole one was head tilted down and away from you standing at the back door waiting to be let out! I'll never forget seeing him standing there waiting to be let out and trying to hide the apple in his mouth! I let him out and watched as he figured out it wasn't a tomato! He was wiping his tongue off with his paws then proceeded to eat dirt to get the taste out of his mouth! And there was the time we walked in to find an almost empty pizza box on the floor of the kitchen!

One of my cats is a maniac for Asiago cheese. She doesn't eat it, but inhales it; she literally gobbles it so fast you can't see her eating it. Normally she's quite well-trained about not bothering us when we are eating or cooking, but if the Asiago comes out her manners are instantly forgotten.

The kitten we recently adopted will apparently eat anything that doesn't eat her first; she's more goat than cat.

Wow, I thought our Millie cat was the only one who went nuts for Asiago cheese (my husband's doing). Not interested in any of the cheaper cheeses, just Asiago.

Not exactly a 'treat' but my cat Tiuku likes to lick plastic bags. :confused3
I had a cat who loved to do that, too! We had to put all plastic bags in a drawer or cabinet, or he would get at them in the middle of the night and make noise, crinkling and licking them.

One of our current cats steals and eats small bits of plastic wrappers- then she throws them back up. Ugh.

Our 3 dogs love apples, ice, and pretzels. Every morning when I make iced coffee, they stare at me until I throw ice for them. One loves to bat it around with me first.

They also come running if they hear an apple being sliced or the pretzel bag.

Our vet’s office has a whole container of marshmallows on the counter to give to dogs. Apparently, they’re hypoallergenic (or so the sign on the container says).

My cat loves frozen corn. I learned this once when an open bag of frozen corn fell out of the freezer and spilled all over the floor.

The dog loves strawberries. I’ve got a strawberry patch and she picks her own every time I let her out. She also doesn’t seem to care if they’re ripe. She also likes cut up peaches, cherries (cut in small pieces), and red raspberries. I’m working hard to keep her out of my red raspberry bushes so she doesn’t trample them like she has done the strawberries.

Last edited:
My dogs love carrots!

I do have a question for dog owners. My yorkies have very sensitive stomachs. I have limited them to grain free food and the treats we give are the same ones they have had for years because if I give them something new they tend to vomit. One is 13 and the other 11. So, my question is that they want to eat grass every day!! Does that mean they are trying to vomit every day? Someone mentioned up thread that their dog eats lettuce. Does that have the same effect as grass? I feel awful that they may feel the need to constantly clear their tummies but it seems they get sick on everything. They even get sick on science diet prescription food for upset tummies. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Our last dog was obsessed with bananas. She could hear you crack the peel from anywhere in the house and came running.
Our current dogs all go nuts for carrots and ice. The puppy hears me take the top of my insulated tumbler and books to the fridge because he knows that means ice. The other two wait till they hear it. The tiny one will sit in front of my son with his ice water and bark at him until she gets some.
My medium dog will eat anything, without chewing and not think twice about it.
If your dog loves carrots and ice, try freezing water you've used to cook carrots in. I do this with my dog and she loves it! Not just carrots, it can be brocolli, kale etc.

My dogs love carrots!

I do have a question for dog owners. My yorkies have very sensitive stomachs. I have limited them to grain free food and the treats we give are the same ones they have had for years because if I give them something new they tend to vomit. One is 13 and the other 11. So, my question is that they want to eat grass every day!! Does that mean they are trying to vomit every day? Someone mentioned up thread that their dog eats lettuce. Does that have the same effect as grass? I feel awful that they may feel the need to constantly clear their tummies but it seems they get sick on everything. They even get sick on science diet prescription food for upset tummies. Any ideas?

It's not necessarily that they're eating grass because they feel sick. My dog will eat grass while she's out on a walk or from my garden. I tend to find it's when it's new grass that's a bit sweeter and particularly when she's feeling really playful. She just likes it as a snack and has never eaten grass to make herself sick.
As for treats, my dog loves veggies and fruit, carrot cucumber, zuccini, watermelon among many others! She also loves to lick out empty yoghurt pots.

One of our cats loved shortbread, arrowroot cookies, processed cheese slices, bacon (of course), and chocolate ice cream. And no, he was never fat. He also liked to hunt and brought me a few “presents” over the years, I could have done without the live mouse...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter