Your kid projectile vomits on the bus...

supertinyluckycat

Earning My Ears
what do you do? Do you go back to the hotel? Do you clean up and go to the park anyway?

A recent encounter on the bus to Magic Kingdom has me wondering what other people would do in this situation. A little girl-probably 7 or 8- was repeatedly vomiting on the way to the park. Not just a little, it was all over her and all over her mother. Hours later I was waiting in line for lunch and smelled the throw up smell again-look up and the girl and her family are in line next to me.

Poor kid, if they were going to drag her around all day after being ill they could have at least got her a new outfit :(

My kids aren't random pukers. If they puke, they're sick. It would suck, but either dh or I would go ahead to the park with the other two and the other would take the sickie back to the room. If she perked up and didn't throw up more and was keeping down food, I'd consider returning to the park later.

I'd like to think I would take my child back to the hotel and clean them up, but it could be the motion of the bus or taxi that would cause me to wait. But I agree with the pp of buying some clean clothing if possible.

My DS gets car sick/motion sick very easy so will often projectile the entire contents of his stomach and then be fine. That said, if he got sick on me and all over himself we'd be heading back to where we were staying to get cleaned up or if it was only a little we'd be buying new shirts and be doing a thorough wash up in the bathroom. We encounter this when we travel a lot unfortunately and are professional puke catchers LOL;)

I can't even imagine not going back to the room and giving your child a shower and fresh changing of clothes. Then, depending on if she were sick, or just car sick, would then continue plans (or not) for the day. I could never put up with that 'sour' smell all day, nor subject my child or others to it.

We would be going back to at least get cleaned up. If that wasn't possible we would be doing a sponge bath in the rest room and buying fresh clothes.

We'd be going back to our resort for a bath, change of clothes, and a rest. Losing a park day stinks, but I can't imagine dragging a sick child around all day long.

If he was truly sick, think of how many other people he made sick, and how bad he must have felt. My sister's kids got sick all the time over nothing! They threw up just about everyday, so she knew most times they were fine. She carried and tossed many outfits when they were little. My oldest got car sick a lot, but somehow never got sick on the buses. Not at least changing clothes and reevaluating was reckless on their part.

We had the same thing happen. PACKED full bus 8am on the way to MK and little girl starts puking...only she puked on many more people than just her own family (would have been hard not to that bus couldn't have even fit one more standing person on it)...I didn't stick around to see what her parents did (the smell of vomit is enough to make me vomit...weak stomach!) and I didn't run into them again.
I was very paranoid about us getting sick after that. I realize some kids puke for due to motion sickness (she didn't make it far, we had just barely left the resort) but I'm realistic and I am sure there are many families who are there for a once in a lifetime trip and aren't going to skip a park day even if that would be the best choice.

Go back to the hotel - the smell would make me sick. Strange I see this tonight. We went out to dinner tonight. We get in the car my daughter is excited to go out. As we are almost there, she starts complaining her head hurts. At the restaurant she continues to complain - I ask my husband if we should just get our food to go and return home. He says no, she's just hungry. On the 3rd bite of food she stands up and vomits (luckily we were there early and no one was seated near us). He goes to clean her up and I get our food wrapped.

what do you do? Do you go back to the hotel? Do you clean up and go to the park anyway? A recent encounter on the bus to Magic Kingdom has me wondering what other people would do in this situation. A little girl-probably 7 or 8- was repeatedly vomiting on the way to the park. Not just a little, it was all over her and all over her mother. Hours later I was waiting in line for lunch and smelled the throw up smell again-look up and the girl and her family are in line next to me.

I'd mind my own business

Last year our little one (18 months at the time) puked....luckily it was in line at the end of the night for the Jungle Cruise. It was just before we were about to get on. My husband took the kids out of line and I told the nearest CM. I obviously had nothing to clean it with. Luckily the nice people behind us saw what happened, so they knew not to step in it and to warn the others behind them. It happens...kids get sick. We went back to resort after that and luckily he was fine.

One of my kids has what we lovingly refer to as "a random act of puke" often. I would at the very least head to the nearest bathroom for some cleanup and a gift store for a change of clothes.

I feel like most people would know their kid got motion sick and maybe pack a bag if that was the case...idk I don't throw up unless I'm really sick so maybe I don't understand how car sickness works. I was just extra worried after that because of how easily throw up viruses spread.

"I'd mind my own business"...rude much? And for the record I didn't mind my own business- I found a cm to get the poor kid some paper towels or something when we got off the bus and I saw the family trying to figure out what to do.

If my kid was not actually sick (and trust me, there are kids who projectile vomit repeatedly even if they aren't sick...I have two of them...they did it when they were excited or stressed), I would clean them up and carry on with our day. If that meant buying a new t-shirt or something instead of spending a long time going back to the hotel, then so be it.

I am so thankful, and others should be too, that I have never been vomitted on in the bus. I usually vomit if I see or smell it. Poor DH always has to clean up the cat hairballs and if DS gets sick.

We would absolutely head back to the room to get cleaned up, sorted out, and generally try to get everyone calmed down. Even if it was just motion sickness. I find it to be disconcerting to kids when the puke. It's just kind to let them clean up and relax a minute.

I feel like most people would know their kid got motion sick and maybe pack a bag if that was the case...idk I don't throw up unless I'm really sick so maybe I don't understand how car sickness works. I was just extra worried after that because of how easily throw up viruses spread.

"I'd mind my own business"...rude much? And for the record I didn't mind my own business- I found a cm to get the poor kid some paper towels or something when we got off the bus and I saw the family trying to figure out what to do.

It was probably his kid:rotfl:

My DS gets car sick/motion sick very easy so will often projectile the entire contents of his stomach and then be fine. That said, if he got sick on me and all over himself we'd be heading back to where we were staying to get cleaned up or if it was only a little we'd be buying new shirts and be doing a thorough wash up in the bathroom. We encounter this when we travel a lot unfortunately and are professional puke catchers LOL;)

This sounds like us, my oldest has the same problem. We're pretty good at handling it now too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter