Your idea for a new dark ride

This thread would be a better fit on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it there now.

I'm so uninformed I'm a genius... Sheeze, How embarrasing.

Next thing you'll know I'll be telling everyone how there is a new thing they can do to bread...first you take a knife...;)

Traditional dark rides are no longer fashionable and somewhat boring and old hat. The last thing we need is another Pooh or "small world" in Fantasyland.

Yikes, I couldn't disagree more. Dark rides like Pooh and "small world" are my favorites; of course, I'm boring and old hat myself, so what can I say?

Anyway, off the top of my head: It's about time Goofy got his own ride (and no, Barnstormer doesn't count). What if Goofy hosted a "history of transportation" dark ride, where we could see him inventing the wheel as a caveman, falling off a horse with Alexander's troops, crashing a Model T, and hanging off the back of an F-15? Kind of in the spirit of his old cartoons. Although you could do that one as a simulator, too, if you wanted more thrills.

ETA: How the heck did I miss Flightless Duck's post saying exactly the same thing?

I just think us non-thrillseekers get short shrift on the newer rides (nothing I'll be able to ride at Harry Potterland, for example).

Traditional dark rides are no longer fashionable and somewhat boring and old hat. The last thing we need is another Pooh or "small world" in Fantasyland.

I disagree with this for a couple reasons:

1. Although you find them boring and old hat, others clearly don't. I haven't been on any of the Fantasyland rides for years, simply because I refuse to wait in the long lines.

2. Kids definitely like them.

3. I seem to remember something about Disney purposely putting in attractions like this ("A or B ticket" if I remember right) on purpose. It was basically something for people to do when they couldn't get on the "E ticket" attractions.

4. Finally, as technology advances, I think this area is wide open for all sorts of innovative things. We've already seen 3D technology improve. Imagine if they updated Peter Pan by combining what they have with 3D (and other things coming down the line). Imagine flying over Captain Hook's ship with digital 3D canon balls flying at you.

I really agree with DisCopper and POB14. Obviously since my DS10 is a kid and this was his question, he was thinking about what rides kids might like. He is constantly coming up with new ideas for Disney rides and even a new park.

Yes, some rides have to start out as rides and then turn into movies. I love the Gulliver's Travels idea!

You guys came up with some great ideas. He does have some Imagineering books and I have no doubt he'll fulfill his dream. Then I'll get free tickets to Disney. Yea!

Disney should work on more innovative ideas, along the lines of an indoor coaster like The Mummy or simulator/moving rides like Spider-Man and Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.

There's a Finding Nemo indoor rollercoaster at Euro Disney. I haven't been there but I have family who has. The pre-show is quite innovative, as it is Disney, and the cars are riding the EAC, dude

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter