Your honest opinion of CBR

The walk from the furthest point of Trinidad South to OPR and the Main Feature pool is 11 minutes at a leisurely pace. You could walk around the promenade that circles the entire resort in under 30 minutes.

Yes, the buses come very regularly. We've always gone during Free Dining when the resort is at capacity and always get a seat on the bus when heading to the parks.

Thank you very much for your input. Very helpful. Looking forward to staying here and my DS is pumped for the pirate room.

Love the pirate rooms. My son thought it was great! I don't like how long it takes to get anywhere on buses though. Lots of stops

Have stayed in Pirates and stayed in same area pre-Pirates.
- Pretty beach resort, very large spread out built around large lake.
- Being large resort and these rooms are the farthest away, our room actually looked out on POP Century.
- Due to resort size and so many bus stops we drove everywhere. I had no interest on sitting on a bus that long.
- Pirate rooms only have double beds and they are not normal mattresses. Very firm.
- Room is brown, and brown, and brown.
- Cute furniture for kids.
- Room/theme had so much potential but the bare walls and lack of decor make the rooms feel unfinished.
- Doable for free dining, yes, but I would continue to try for a new CBR room with queens and bathroom doors, or CSR.

DisneySept12Arrivalplus036.jpg

DisneySept12Arrivalplus035.jpg

DisneySept12Arrivalplus026.jpg

It's good to see so many positive opinions. CBR is on my shortlist for next year. We're a family of 5 and have always stayed in larger rooms, but the price is soooo attractive compared to deluxe.

Hope you get what you want for your trip, OP!

This is our favorite Moderate as well. We have stayed in the pirate rooms once, and I agree with other posters that the theme is a little bland. The walk is very nice and doable. The pool is the best part! Love that pool.

We are not fond at all of CBR but not for the amenities. We had just really rotten bus transportation luck for the week. Otherwise its not a bad resort.

We stayed here last August in a new refurbished room (Jamaica section) and were very pleased with the resort. Personally if it were me, and you couldn't change room categories before you check in, I would just ask at the front desk to be "downgraded" to a regular room. The queen beds and the real door that closes going to the sink area would be worth it to me even if you lost out a little money from the standard/pirate room rates. But, also there is a chance that the CM could credit you the difference back to your account, too. It's worth a shot.

We stayed here last August in a new refurbished room (Jamaica section) and were very pleased with the resort. Personally if it were me, and you couldn't change room categories before you check in, I would just ask at the front desk to be "downgraded" to a regular room. The queen beds and the real door that closes going to the sink area would be worth it to me even if you lost out a little money from the standard/pirate room rates. But, also there is a chance that the CM could credit you the difference back to your account, too. It's worth a shot.

There is also the chance they wouldn't be able to be downgraded to a regular room. What then?

There is also the chance they wouldn't be able to be downgraded to a regular room. What then?

Then they just stay in the pirate room that they booked. No harm in asking at the front desk.

Having stayed in the Pirate rooms I don't think there would be a downgrade from there. The Pirate rooms are the farthest rooms out - it's why they themed them to begin with, so folks would want to stay there, they are full beds with hard mattresses and curtains at the bathroom. A permit was filed to renovate them but so far nothing has started. Every other room in the resort now that it has been renovated is an upgrade from Pirates rooms.

OP, when you get close to your 45 days out, when other guests have to cancel their packages to get their deposits back, start calling in daily or as often as you can to see if a regular room opens up.

The pirate rooms actually cost more than a standard room at CBR. You can check the Disney website and see that easily. So getting in a regular (even though they are renovated now) room instead of a pirate room would be sorta like a "downgrade." Also, who knows, then maybe they could give your pirate room to a family who was really hoping to book that category anyway? If you go expecting what you booked and they can't move you to a regular room than no harm done in asking. You are staying in what you booked anyway. But maybe there is the chance that they can move you to a regular room with the queen size beds. You are not asking for an upgrade so it's certainly possible. Never hurts to ask, is all I am saying. In the meantime, I would certainly keep calling to see if another type of room opens up. Enjoy your trip!

CBR is our FAV resort! This Sept will be our 3rd stay there. There's a reason we keep coming back. You'll love it!

I love CBR. I consider it my home resort. Never stayed in the Pirate Rooms though...no desire to sleep in a ship unless I'm cruising.

If you hit it right, there is an internal bus that makes the loop all day...not sure the timing as walking doesn't bother me at all - I'd rather walk given a choice.

It is a beautiful resort. Enjoy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter