Your gonna think Im nuts...Disney Smell alert..UPDATE! NEW SMELL ALERT!

Not that I wish this one on you..but last Spring our basement flooded when the 10 feet of snow that we got melted..and our kids (bless them) said.."Hey! It smells like Splash Mountain down there!" - not sure that is a good thing.;)

Ah yes, we had a similar experience. A week later our dog got sprayed by a skunk coming out of hibernation. Not at all like the skunk smell in the Figment ride, not at all.... :sad2: Spring in the Great White North, it's not all robins & daffodils!

OP, not nuts! :goodvibes smell is a very powerful sense and can and does remind us so much of memories. Especially fond ones! I LOVE when something reminds me of Disney! We call when the house is REALLY clean, w/ bleach "Disney clean".:rotfl:

HAHA! I'm not the only one! Whenever I smell apple fritters from starbucks it reminds me of the smell from walking into EPCOT via the international gateway!

I always smell the fish & chips as soon as I get to the top of the hill. Where is the apple fritter smell coming from at the IG?

On another thread, someone mentioned a smoked salt that Trader Joe's sells and how it smells exactly like the burning of Rome scene on Spaceship Earth!

I was shopping at sephora the other day and realized the new MARC by MARC JACOBS perfume Oh Lola! smells a lot like the be our guest scene in philharmagic. Needless to say I put some on and was smelling my wrist the rest of the day!

My smell has always been the Swan lobby. My guess it was the cleaingi solution. I always walked thru, even when not staying there to get a sniff. I think I narrowed it down to a lemongrass smell and now I have a candle from Target that mimicks it pretty well. The sad news though is when we were there at Thanksgiving, the smell was gone.

I love that smell too! We stayed at a Westin hotel in Atlanta that smelled the same, and they had the lotion and hair products in the hotel room. Love! :love:

This one you can actually buy directly from Westin at Home - it is their white tea fragrance which is in all of their hotels (Westin, Sheraton, etc). Just google Westin at Home and it's usually under their spa category. They have candles, oil diffusers, and scent machines - they aren't cheap though!

Thanks for the reminder, I'll be visiting the site before I go to bed.

The Beachwalk candle at Yankee Candle Company smells like Soarin' when you go over the Ocean.

Yes, I have smelled that one. My daughter agrees.

Smells and scents are very powerful. Many things remind me of Disney. The Dancing Waters scent from Bath and Body Works always reminded me of Soarin also.

DH and I test drove a used Prius last week that smelled just like what we call "Monorail Funk"! We both said we love WDW, but don't want anything to do with a car that smells like Monorail :lmao:

DH and I test drove a used Prius last week that smelled just like what we call "Monorail Funk"! We both said we love WDW, but don't want anything to do with a car that smells like Monorail :lmao:

There was a post on a thread several years ago, where someone said that the monorail smells like an old Bandaid! :laughing: :crazy2:

Im always in Target, never in the bathroom. Next trip to target.. for a bottle of komodo and a trip to their restroom.
lol

I'm weird too.

There's an usher at my church who smells like the ocean scene from Soarin'. I've come close to asking him what he uses, but I'd feel like a freak.

Seriously, when he walks by with the collection basket, I inhale!

Boy, that looks weird when I re-read what I just typed.

Kerri

:rotfl: Also Kerri -- don't know if this is what your usher wears or not, but I bought it specifically because it smells just like the Soarin' ocean scene(luckily DH likes it too) ~ next time you're in a dept store, get a sample of D & G Light Blue cologne

I really love this thread -- will have to keep checking back to see what other suggestions there are :thumbsup2

The Glade Christmas Pine plug in smells JUST like the pine trees you smell on Soarin'. My friend came into my office around Christmas time, took a deep breath, and asked why my office smelled like Soarin'. LOL.

I was thinking the same thing! I bought the spray air freshener version of Glade Christmas Pine in December The first time I sprayed it, I hollered to my son to come quick and smell it because it smelled just like the pine forests in Soarin'! He agreed.

Actually, many scents I smell take me right back to Disney via my nose. I love how scents and aromas tie us to very special places and times in our lives.

I'll have to write down the names of those Yankee Candles, I love Yankees and I would love my whole room to smell like a Disney World smell! I love when you smell something that brings back Disney memories, I had a bath using a Lush product months ago and everyone in my house thought it smelled like Disney World, wish I could remember the name of the product! :wizard:

On that page the descriptions says ...
"Removes smoke, pet cooking orders and more "

If a pet ordered me to cook we would need more than an orange grove scent :rotfl:

Seriously, I went out and bought the Old Spice Komodo body wash thanks to this thread. My family thinks I have gone bonkers because after every shower I announce "I smell like Norway!"
And I *need* :lmao: some of the Citrus Mist, Soarin' is my favorite ride and I love that orange grove smell!

I am excited to see others have posted more scents I need to be on the lookout for :goodvibes

I bought a Yankee Candle called "Winter Wonderland" because it smells like Soarin' when the skiers are going down the mountainside. You know, piney, wintery, crisp. When I brought it home, the kids both smelled it and yelled, "SOARIN'!!!"

I wanted to see if my unobservant husband would notice, so I put it on the counter and lit it. 20 minutes later DH comes out of the kitchen and asks why it smells like Soarin' in there.

:lovestruc LOVE that candle!

My husband thinks I'm crazy but I am always sniffing Disney smells...wherever we go!:goodvibes

The entrance to the Dillard's store in North Little Rock smells just like the Contemporary Hotel and I always stop and close my eyes and I have even had people behind me run into me because I just stopped to smell :guilty:

There's nothing like a Disney smell to make you immediately wish you were there.....:wizard:

On that page the descriptions says ...
"Removes smoke, pet cooking orders and more "

If a pet ordered me to cook we would need more than an orange grove scent :rotfl:

Seriously, I went out and bought the Old Spice Komodo body wash thanks to this thread. My family thinks I have gone bonkers because after every shower I announce "I smell like Norway!"
And I *need* :lmao: some of the Citrus Mist, Soarin' is my favorite ride and I love that orange grove smell!

I am excited to see others have posted more scents I need to be on the lookout for :goodvibes

:laughing::lmao::rotfl2: I love a good typo!!!

I bought a Yankee Candle called "Winter Wonderland" because it smells like Soarin' when the skiers are going down the mountainside. You know, piney, wintery, crisp. When I brought it home, the kids both smelled it and yelled, "SOARIN'!!!"

I wanted to see if my unobservant husband would notice, so I put it on the counter and lit it. 20 minutes later DH comes out of the kitchen and asks why it smells like Soarin' in there.

:lovestruc LOVE that candle!

Aww I was going to order Winter Wonderland at Xmas but didn't after I read it had pine in it, I'm not keen on pine but would burn it just so I could smell Soaring! lol.

I felt a bit pathetic the other night because I got the True Rose Yankee Candle, it smells exactly like red roses so I watched Beauty And The Beast as I burned it because of their enchanted rose :goodvibes

Does anyone know what causes that Disney smell in the air around the GF/Poly area? The instant we arrived at the GF and stepped out of our taxi, there was that instant "we are back in Disney" smell. I am assuming that it is a particular type of flower since the smell was quite strong along the walkway between the Poly and GF, but I don't recall ever smelling it up where we live.

Any ideas?

Man! I know that I don't know any of your personally, but this thread has made my day! I have laughed out - loud and made notes of which products to buy! I am seriously Jonesing for Disney and my husband thinks I am completely bonkers! You guys understand me!!!!!! THANKS!:thumbsup2

To the original poster:

Thanks to you :) Last week while I was at WDW I bought the large bottle of Laila in Norway and I couldnt be happier!!!!

hahaha Now I can smell it all of the time!!!:goodvibes

Man! I know that I don't know any of your personally, but this thread has made my day! I have laughed out - loud and made notes of which products to buy! I am seriously Jonesing for Disney and my husband thinks I am completely bonkers! You guys understand me!!!!!! THANKS!:thumbsup2

I feel the same way! I normally can keep it down to a minimum, but I was badly wanting WDW yesterday. My husband commented the other day that he can't believe I went a calendar year without going and am still alive. ;) The rest of my family loves WDW but isn't as bad as me and yesterday I sent them all a message that said: I want to go to WDW and I want to wake up and wear "fun clothes" and have a tasty breakfast and tell anyone with a button on happy whatever and I want to ride some rides and people watch and eat some good meals and see fireworks. *sigh*

I'm going grocery shopping today, and so far on my list of things to smell is:

Old Spice Komodo
Citrus Mist
Vive in the gold bottle
Loreal Ever something (I'll have to go back and check)

:rotfl:

I feel the same way! I normally can keep it down to a minimum, but I was badly wanting WDW yesterday. My husband commented the other day that he can't believe I went a calendar year without going and am still alive. ;) The rest of my family loves WDW but isn't as bad as me and yesterday I sent them all a message that said: I want to go to WDW and I want to wake up and wear "fun clothes" and have a tasty breakfast and tell anyone with a button on happy whatever and I want to ride some rides and people watch and eat some good meals and see fireworks. *sigh*

I'm going grocery shopping today, and so far on my list of things to smell is:

Old Spice Komodo
Citrus Mist
Vive in the gold bottle
Loreal Ever something (I'll have to go back and check)

:rotfl:

I'm heading to Target shortly and looking for Vive in gold bottle myself.:blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter