Your favorite stroller for Disney

I am not 100% sure but I believe the britax b agile which is very similar to the citi mini does stand on its own. My sister has been looking is favoring the britax over the citi mini. Baby gizmo also gave the britax a slight edge over the citi mini as well.

I read this as well, so we checked it out at BRU during the same trip we made to look at the City Mini. We could NOT get that thing folded. At all. Not sure what we were doing wrong, but it just would not fold. And the people that work there are no help! But, after looking at them side by side, we did prefer the City Mini. I would just recommend going to the store and looking at them both before you decide. I'm glad that we did. I wish I had done more research before buying the 2 strollers that we currently have, lol.

We're taking the UppaBaby G-Luxe in November for ds's 1st birthday trip. It reclines, folds easily and does stand when folded. I considered the G-Lite, but he naps in the stroller and will likely still need the reclining feature.

We're taking the UppaBaby G-Luxe in November for ds's 1st birthday trip. It reclines, folds easily and does stand when folded. I considered the G-Lite, but he naps in the stroller and will likely still need the reclining feature.

That was my first choice. Then I said maybe I'd get a sturdier model, but they're all at least 5 pounds heavier so I think I am just going to get the G-Luxe and be done with it. My DD is going to be 17 months when we leave next month and also needs a reclining stroller. If she didn't I'd be able to just use the Volo I used for DS.

Maclaren! We have both the Volo and the Quest. The Quest is padded and reclines and is lightweight. The Volo is not padded and does not recline.

Baby Jogger City Mini; best stroller ever, seriously!

This. We don't own one b/c we don't use a stroller that much at home. We rent one for Disney trips. While it might make sense just to buy one for home, I wouldn't trust the airline to transport it anyway. It is so easy to fold and navigates beautifully. Also comfortable, DD, 2, takes naps in them but wouldn't normally nap in a stroller at home.

First Years Ignite stroller. We've used these on both of our trips. It is an umbrella type stroller but it has an adjustable harness, reclines, has a nice size basket, parent cup holder and zipper storage area, mesh pockets on the side for snacks and sippy cups, I can steer with one hand if necessary and easy to fold. The only thing that I didn't care for is the sun shade is kind of small, but we just bought one of those large UV sun shades for when my son napped. It goes up to 50 pounds, but I also used it for my 8 month old niece a few weeks ago and she fit perfect in it.

I read this as well, so we checked it out at BRU during the same trip we made to look at the City Mini. We could NOT get that thing folded. At all. Not sure what we were doing wrong, but it just would not fold. And the people that work there are no help! But, after looking at them side by side, we did prefer the City Mini. I would just recommend going to the store and looking at them both before you decide. I'm glad that we did. I wish I had done more research before buying the 2 strollers that we currently have, lol.

The B-Agile has a gray button on the side that you must push in first and then grab the folding handle. I love my B-Agile. I also bought just the child tray and with just that can clip in my Graco car seat no expensive adapter needed.

We really never have been a stroller family, DD has insisted on running/walking everywhere since she was able to, and I spent a lot of time last trip chasing her around with an empty stroller. But she now seems to understand that we can get places quicker if she rides. We took our Graco Metrolite last year and it was fine. I liked the freestanding fold, the big basket & sunshade, full recline, and snack tray. But DD broke the back support somehow because she gets in a stroller like a dog, climbs up in, turns around twice, and PLOPS down. So I bought a Maclaren Quest Sport a couple of months ago specifically for this trip. I bought a velcro-on parent/cupholder tray & a rayshade, too. But after a couple of test runs at the zoo and the mall, I've decided to take it PLUS rent a City Mini.

I hate how 'tall' the Mac is when it folds, and the shade is totally inadequate, plus I want something that has a bigger basket. I test drove a City Mini at BRU & love the grab-it-like-a-suitcase fold. I will use the Maclaren for the airport, evenings at DTD, and maybe for quick jaunts to a single park.. But serious park hopping days, I think I'll want the City Mini. I'd rather spend a little extra and have both at my disposal than get there and decide I hate the Mac.

Combi!

I LOVE our Combi strollers (each kid has one and we also have the double). They are the absolute best! They are super lightweight, fold up really small, stand alone when folded, have a carrying strap so you still have 2 hands getting on the buses, recline almost fully, have a snack tray and a basket underneath...I could go on and on. We call them our Disney World strollers, but we use them all the time.

My DH works at BRU. Almost every time he works someone comes in looking for a stroller for WDW. Many come in saying specifically that they need a Macleran or City Mini for WDW. He shows them what they are looking for and asks permission to show them the Combi as well. If they sound interested, which they usually do, then he tells them that he has 3 kids and we go to WDW almost every year and these are his favorites. He shows the features of all of them, and they pick the Combi almost every time. Even better, they are about $50-$150 less than the other models people look at. They jokingly call him the "Combi Man" around there, but seriously, every time anyone comes in saying they are going to WDW they get my DH to help them. Somewhere out there, there are a lot of Combi strollers that have been to Disney World! :rotfl2:

I have the City Mini Double and the Select. For Disney,I would definitely go with the Mini. The Select is heavier, and it takes two hands to fold. You also need to remove the seat to fold it. The mini is really lightweight, has a one handed fold (on the single), and you could easily fold it and carry the baby at the same time. Both strollers have a full recline and peekaboo canopies:) The only annoying thing about the mini us the basket. It is not as big a the select, and can be difficult to get things out of. But...if you have to fold it up to get on the buses, you shouldn't be outing much in it anyway. I got a 2011 model at a substantial discount (the double was almost as cheap as the single's original cost). You can always see if there are anymore left from online vendors:)

The B-Agile has a gray button on the side that you must push in first and then grab the folding handle. I love my B-Agile. I also bought just the child tray and with just that can clip in my Graco car seat no expensive adapter needed.

Ah! ok! Guess that explains it! hmm...I'll have to see if our TRU here in town has them. I don't want to buy without looking at it again. I don't think we'll need the car seat adapter, but that is good to know about the tray. I wonder if the same can be done using the tray for the City Mini? Our dd is 9ms, so even though she'll be using the car seat for awhile, we rarely ever use the car seat IN the stroller anymore. We also have a Bumbleride Flite w/ the adapter. I can always use that stroller if I really need to have something to transport the car seat.

I have the city mini (double) and LOVE it. My sister just got the B-agile and loves that. My biggest thing with hers is that I can't get used to the squareness of the handlebar, but she said it doesn't bother her. We are also both fans of the Combi's -- that's what I used for all my Dis trips with older DS!

I used to take my Peg Perego Pliko 3 and then changed over to the Peg Perego Si to DL! I love how I could fold both down umbrella stroller style so I never had to wait in the stroller line!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter