Your favorite sit down restaurant at Epcot and why???

Momtwofour

DIS Veteran
I am looking for feedback on sit down meals for dinner at Epcot. And we are on the dining plan so Im not worried about the price :)
Thanks!!!

I really like Rose and Crown, mostly for the location and the food is always pretty good. I really like the outdoor seating overlooking WS Lagoon. If you make reservations late enough, you get a really good spot for watching Illuminations.

Chefs de France is also another favorite. I love the ambiance (although it can get pretty crowded/loud). I also like the prix fix menu with the DP because you get an appetizer, entree and dessert.

Reactions: Kae
We like 9 Dragons. The food is varied and delicious. The restaurant is visually beautiful and feels relaxed. Also love Rose and Crown. We do it every time we go. The food is good and the service is friendly and easygoing.

We have eaten at Garden Grill, Coral Reef, Teppen Edo, Biergarten, & Akershus. Akershus is usually our go to Breakfast place, specially for that exclusive pre park opening ADR (gonna need that now with the opening of "Arendale", LOL)...and I would say our favorite dinner/lunch place to eat would more than likely be either Teppen Edo or Garden Grill. Teppen Edo is a fun place to take kids, as long as you remember that its a Disneyfied hibachi place, lol...If you have a hibachi place at home that you frequent you might be a tad disappointed in it (we were the first time we ate there)...but now we have no expectations and we enjoy the show much better, lol...the food is actually pretty good too (I think my 9yr old likes to eat there mainly for the food, he could care less about the show). We also love Garden Grill...the chipmunks are so funny and its a beautiful place to eat. The food is pretty decent too and they usually go out of their way (at least in our experience), to make their customers happy. The 1st time we ate there my older son was really sick and he didn't want to eat what they brought out for us, so the waiter went in the back and had the chef cook him up something special that wasn't on the menu so he would eat. It instantly became 1 of our fav places to eat after that. Then the next time we ate there my little one was having issues with the characters (it was all super random, we couldn't figure out who he was going to like and who he was going to be scared of)...anyways turns out garden grill mickey was SUPER scary, lol...but he tried to make him laugh and play games with him for more that 5 minutes...he would try peek a boo and all kinds of stuff to make him laugh...it was really sweet...usually the characters run away from the kids that are crying...I mean Mickey wasn't being too intrusive and in your face sort of speak, but he was trying to get him to be more comfortable around him, anyways those are our pics of fav places to eat in Epcot!

I will never make a decision!! lol I have eaten at Rose and Crown and loved it. I am debating between there, Biergarten and Garden Grill..I think.lol Ahhh the quest for the perfect vacation! We have a first timer going with so I want it to be special :)

I will never make a decision!! lol I have eaten at Rose and Crown and loved it. I am debating between there, Biergarten and Garden Grill..I think.lol Ahhh the quest for the perfect vacation! We have a first timer going with so I want it to be special :)

If you have a first timer along then I would either go with Garden Grill or Biergarten...I have never eaten at Rose & Crown, but from the pictures I have seen it looks like a typical place to eat and nothing really stands out about it. Biergarten the interior looks like a little german town and they have common tables so you may be seated with other families depending on how big your group is. They also have a little band and some of the kids dining will get up to dance to it. Its a very cool place to eat! The food for me was so so, but maybe we went on an off day bc a lot of people have raved about their food...even though the food was so so for me it doesn't hinder me from wanting to try it again on our next trip, lol. The Garden Grill I mean how can you go wrong with Mickey, Pluto, Chip & Dale, lol...plus the food is really good and its on a moving floor so the restaurant actually spins and you can see parts of the boat ride "living with the land". Anyways whatever choice you make I am sure will be a perfect vacation!

If you have a first timer along then I would either go with Garden Grill or Biergarten...I have never eaten at Rose & Crown, but from the pictures I have seen it looks like a typical place to eat and nothing really stands out about it. Biergarten the interior looks like a little german town and they have common tables so you may be seated with other families depending on how big your group is. They also have a little band and some of the kids dining will get up to dance to it. Its a very cool place to eat! The food for me was so so, but maybe we went on an off day bc a lot of people have raved about their food...even though the food was so so for me it doesn't hinder me from wanting to try it again on our next trip, lol. The Garden Grill I mean how can you go wrong with Mickey, Pluto, Chip & Dale, lol...plus the food is really good and its on a moving floor so the restaurant actually spins and you can see parts of the boat ride "living with the land". Anyways whatever choice you make I am sure will be a perfect vacation!
The Garden Grill does look cool! Gahhhh!!!! Lol Can't decide!!! But honestly I love all the planning and deciding

The Garden Grill does look cool! Gahhhh!!!! Lol Can't decide!!! But honestly I love all the planning and deciding

Thats my favorite part of a Disney trip! LOL, I am completely obsessed! We are planning a trip for March 2017, and I wish they would hurry up and release the packages already so I can having something concrete to work with...then I can plan all my dining and everything else around that. I have an idea of what places we want to go to for dining options but still would like to be able to finalize things, lol...hopefully when its time to book my package or my ADRs the system won't be down and frustrating like it was today...I feel so bad for those people that are checking in 11/20...I just tried to book some dining for that day and it said nothing was available anywhere! I would be so pissed if that was me! People checking in on 11/20 should get some kind of comp for Disney's system being down literally all day

Thats my favorite part of a Disney trip! LOL, I am completely obsessed! We are planning a trip for March 2017, and I wish they would hurry up and release the packages already so I can having something concrete to work with...then I can plan all my dining and everything else around that. I have an idea of what places we want to go to for dining options but still would like to be able to finalize things, lol...hopefully when its time to book my package or my ADRs the system won't be down and frustrating like it was today...I feel so bad for those people that are checking in 11/20...I just tried to book some dining for that day and it said nothing was available anywhere! I would be so pissed if that was me! People checking in on 11/20 should get some kind of comp for Disney's system being down literally all day
Oh I agree!!! I was reading some posts form people trying to book today. Disney needs to do something for them!!! A little magic for their trip!
We are planning a longer trip for June 2017 and I can't wait to start planning that one!! We will be celebrating my granddaughters 5th birthday and I have so many ideas!! We took her last June for her 3rd birthday and first trip and it was amazing!!! I love to plan every little detail and add little things that make it special.

We love 9 dragons for the fact that you dont need a reservation. The food is good but not amazing. Though their raspberry iced tea is fab!!! 9 dragons is a terrible use of a ddp credit though. Its one of the least expensive meals around. 3 of us easily eat for less than 50 with tip.

I prefer to snack around epcot than to eat a full meal at any of the restaurants.

I also love Nine Dragons. The food is consistently excellent but it doesn't have great reviews, for some reason.

If you have a first timer along then I would either go with Garden Grill or Biergarten...I have never eaten at Rose & Crown, but from the pictures I have seen it looks like a typical place to eat and nothing really stands out about it. Biergarten the interior looks like a little german town and they have common tables so you may be seated with other families depending on how big your group is. They also have a little band and some of the kids dining will get up to dance to it. Its a very cool place to eat! The food for me was so so, but maybe we went on an off day bc a lot of people have raved about their food.!
I agree with this. I have in fact been to Rose&Crown and while the place is nice with water views, I agree that its nothing special in terms of decore. For a first timer i would choose either Garden Grill or Biergarten.

My very fave place to eat is Via Napoli. The pasta and pizza are delicious!!!

I don't love the TS at Epcot, but they have some great CS places! I like the Cantina (fish tacos) and Yorkshire Fish Shop -- best fish & chips ever.
We have gone to Coral Reef, Biergarten, and Garden Grill. All are okay food wise, but we prefer to go out of the park (monorail to Kona or the Wave) on our Epcot day.

My wife says Tutto Italia has the best lasagna she has ever had. It is really a great priced, wonderful Italian restaurant.

I agree with others that Nine Dragons is excellent.

Teppan Edo is also great, your classic Bennihana type restaurant.

I'd recommend Biergarten and San Angel Inn. Both have great theming and the food is fun. I like to do both on my first day at WDW, San Angel for lunch and Biergarten for dinner. I'd also recommend checking out the menus before you make a decision.

We've eaten at both TS at Mexico, while San Angel is cute, we've found the service and food have gone downhill a bit, the other one (the name escapes me now) is pretty good and if you are lucky you can get a table by the water. We've eaten at China and enjoyed that as well. We've eaten at Teppan Edo and enjoyed it although it's just like any other hibachi type restaurant in your local area. We've eaten at Chefs de France and enjoy it, although as other's have said, it can be noisy. Our favorites are Spice Road and Marakesh, but we love sort of semi-exotic food and the belly dancer at Marakesh is cute. We've only eaten at the bar in Rose and Crown so all we had was fish and chips. With all the options in WS we don't eat at any of the places in future world.

We had a blast at Biergarten!

San Angels is our favorite, we have eaten there every trip and have found our food to be exceptional, I guess it depends on what your order. It is more authentic Mexican food and not Tex-Mex. I find the atmosphere is very romantic. We have never had back service here, we go usually in September. We will be eating there again in September, my families Number 1 requested restaurant. We've eaten at: Garden Grill (did not care for it), Chefs de France(OK), Tutto (very good), Via Naples (good) Marakesh (very pretty decor but bland food). We will be also returning to Tutto, we have also eaten here on every trip. We want to try Spice Road this trip and Rose and Crown, have high hopes for food at Spice Road but not so much for Rose and Crown.

I really enjoy Boma, but the trip over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge is a bit of a pain. They have such unique food, but I enjoy it even though my tastes tend to be more boring and American. If I could only eat one dinner at the World, I would go to Boma.

ETA-I didn't see the word, Epcot. Sorry and ignore my reply. :)

Akershus was the best decision I have ever made. I was torn between that and Garden Grill, but I am sooo happy I chose Akershus. The atmosphere is awesome if you have a princess lover, and the food is delicious if you like slightly unique choices and love salmon. The cold buffet could be a meal in itself. Hello, Gjetost cheese, I am now obsessed with you! The entrees are also delicious and HUGE. Even my non-eating 4 year old ate 2 full plates of food between the buffet and her meatball entree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter