Your favorite "leftover snack credits" that travel well

marshallandcartersmo

DIS Veteran
I imagine we'll have several snack credits, and maybe even a few CS credits leftover on the morning we leave from POP.

What do you like to use you leftover snack credits for, and even CS credits...that travel in the car well and can be purchased either in a resort gift shop or a resorts food court??

TIA

It's been noted here that WDW discontinued the ability to trade CS credits for three snacks at a resort store or food court.

Although there has been one post where someone mentioned doing it recently.

Anything that is in the pre-packaged bags (e.g., Goofy's Candy Company candies, Chip and Dale snacks) travel well, as do the candy bars.

Some other snacks that travel well:
Caramel Corn from Karamel Kuche (I brought several bags home on a airplane)
Cookies from Sunshine Seasons (or any of the bakeries)
Popcorn!

mouse shaped rice krispy treats that have the ears dipped in chocolate and character head sugar cookies for gifts when we return

Fudge travels well, but it might be hard to resist eating it all right away;)
Caramel corn from Karamell Kuche travels surprisingly well, and lasts (at the most) a week--it's usually best if you can eat it in the first couple days.
Packaged cookies and candies travel great, and one of my favorite treats to bring home are chocolate-dipped Mickey rice krispie treats (store them in the freezer and they last even longer!).

if you have counter service meals left, see if they have any prepared sandwiches available at the time you're leaving: you may be able to put together a lunch for on the road with sandwich/chips/beverage. Use some snack credits to get the pre-packaged cookies, rice krispie treats, giant cookies or bars & you're good to go for lunch.

Oh course you never can go wrong with a mickey rice crispy treat, but if your hotel has a nice bakery think about getting some pastries to munch on while you drive to the airport or head home. :)

if you have counter service meals left, see if they have any prepared sandwiches available at the time you're leaving: you may be able to put together a lunch for on the road with sandwich/chips/beverage. Use some snack credits to get the pre-packaged cookies, rice krispie treats, giant cookies or bars & you're good to go for lunch.

that's a great idea!! we'll be leaving early in the morning, wonder if they have sandwiches made up early??

What are these "leftover credits" that you speak of? :laughing: In dozens of trips using the DDP, our family of 4 has NEVER let a single credit go unused. Never. Ever. And the day we do is the day we stop using the DDP. Unless both or our kids turn 10 first, which may very well happen.

The FUDGE! We always use up our leftover snack credits at the Main Street Confectionary. The fudge travels so well and lasts weeks after we get home so we’re able to enjoy Disney food long after our trip is done.

Small bags of candy in the gift shop! My fave are sour cherry balls!! I can only find them around here at Valentine's Day, so they are a must eat when we go to Disney!

if you have counter service meals left, see if they have any prepared sandwiches available at the time you're leaving: you may be able to put together a lunch for on the road with sandwich/chips/beverage.

This is what I did in December when I had two CS credits left and I knew I would have a couple hours to sit around at the airport. I used one to get a chicken salad, drink, and side (can't remember what it was), and they let me use the other to get 3 snacks so I think I got another drink, chips, and a pastry. I saved money on drinks for the bus ride to the airport and at the airport, lunch before boarding, and snacks on the plane!

Oh course you never can go wrong with a mickey rice crispy treat, but if your hotel has a nice bakery think about getting some pastries to munch on while you drive to the airport or head home. :)

Pastries is a great idea! One trip I had a few extra snack credits and used some of them for muffins which I took to work for my snack breaks. When you have to go back to work after your vacation and don't have time to go grocery shopping it helps!

Ok so maybe my ideas aren't as fun as candy but at least they're economical! :)

I like to buy the Mickey Rice Krispy treats on a stick. I ate one of these a week after we got home and it was still good. Cookies are a good option too. DH brought home some caramel snacks from the German caramel shop, sorry can't remember the name.

I almost never use any snack credits during my trip. I prefer to save them for the end of the trip when I stock up on things to bring home. I am addicted to any and all of Disney's rice krispie treats so I usually buy several of those. Then I buy those large, individually wrapped Minnie's Main Stree Bakery cookies. Both are delicious and I prefer to have snacks to eat at home than to eat them during the trip. Just a side note, the packaged rice krispie treats have expiration dates, but I have eaten them up to a month after buying them and they are still as fresh. We also sometimes buy a fresh item from a bakery on our way out of the park on our last day to eat at the airport.

We used our leftover snack credits to get a few bags of Goofy's Candy Co. candy, Mickey chocolate bars, and Chip and Dale snacks from our resort food court and gave them away to friends/family back home as souvenir gifts. I think we had so many leftover snack credits because with the quick service dining plan you get a dessert with every meal and the kids would get those bags of grapes and we would use those as snacks most of the time. However, now that you only get one snack with the plan we may not have as many credits leftover if we get the quick service dining plan again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter