Your favorite dining experiences??

excitedtraveler

Mouseketeer
What were your favorite dining experiences at WDW? WE're taking our 6y/o dd and 2 y/o ds and grandma and grandpa. What else do you recommend? WE did Cinderella's Castle and the Norway prncess dinner so I'm not really interested in those this time. Thanks!

If grandma and grandpa can take the kids for a night, Calif. grill would make a great date night!!

Biergarten is a really fun place for a group like yours..kid friendly, grandma and grandpa will love it, great dinnertime entertainment.

Chef Mickey's is the best for everybody. It's a must do for us every trip It's the best Disney feeling in my opinion.:worship: :worship: :worship:

I would also recommend Biergarten ....We had a group of ten and my mil was in her late 80s and the youngest were my grandkids her great grandkids.....the inbetween ages were in the 30s....so We all enjoyed this restaurant. Plenty of choices and the entertainment was fantastic. It was a definite winner with the large group.

You must try the Crystal Palace if the kids like Pooh and friends. The food is buffet style but really quite good. Also we loved Le Cellier and Hoopdy Doo Review. Even our one year old loved it! We are trying Chef Mickeys in May and Mickeys Backyard BBQ...heard great things about both. Oh and my parents took our four year old and one year old to 50s Prime Time and loved the food and entertainment but had to wait quite a long while to be seated even with an ADR. We also enjoy SciFi diner where you eat inside the cars and watch film clips drive in style.

Not sure what type of atmosphere you are looking for. We love Le Cellier. We just went last week with 13 people (6 kids 6 and under and 7 adults). It is a nice restaurant, but we certainly didn't feel out of place with the kids. O'Hanas would be my second pick. Lots of food, fun atmosphere.

My favorite dining experience was our first trip to WDW in Aug 08.at the princess dinner at the Arkershus. My DD(11) was ten at the time. As with most "tweens" she has made the move from Barbie Princess's to Hannah Montana and the Jonus Brothers.:sad2:

Well anyhow, we gave her the option to do character dinners or not. Other than her wanting to go to a fancy dinner(we ended up doing Narcoosee's) she wanted to do the CRT but we couldn't get in. Instead we ended up doing the princess instead in Norway.

It was priceless to watch my daughter change from that little girl wanting to grow up so fast to her being daddy's little princess all over again. I am not ashamed to say this, but it actually brought tears to my eyes. She was absolutely thrilled to see the princesses. She was so excited to see her favorite princess in Ariel actually show up at our table. When she saw her from across the restaurant she was like a 6 year old all over again.

We are going back in 5 days and we have ADR's this time to CRT. I'm sure that the magic won't be the same as it was in August but I'm sure I'll still get the chance to see the "little girl" in my daughter one last time in WDW. :)

Have to cut out some resturants on my list :( Which would be better for a "nice" dinner for 2...citricos or narcoosee's? For something fun and different...the morrocan place at epcot or bomas at AK?

goofy4prez;29787382We are going back in 5 days and we have ADR's this time to CRT. I'm sure that the magic won't be the same as it was in August but I'm sure I'll still get the chance to see the "little girl" in my daughter one last time in WDW. :)[/QUOTE said:
I'm sure you'll still have a magical time at CRT and you'll all enjoy it. We went last time and we all really liked it, even dh. Sometimes you just can't help but get caught up in the magic (and princessness) of it all! Enjoy!

I would say my favorite dining experiences at Disney are, for a more adult dinner Jiko at the AKL. The adults would love it and children are welcome. However it is a more adult oriented restaurant than many at Disney. If you little ones can tolerate a 2+ hour dining experience they would be welcome.
My other favorite is totally family orientated. I love the Hoop Dee Doo Review at Fort Wilderness. It is an all you care to eat meal, with good "down home" type food. It is good, but not gourmet. The dinner consists of salad, corn bread, fried chicken, ribs, beans and strawberry shortcake. Beer, wine and sangira are included. It is a western themed dinner show full of singing, dancing and corny jokes. There is lots of audience participation and it is just a fabulous fun night. I think this would be a wonderful experience for all in your group.
Good Luck

My favorite dining experience was our first trip to WDW in Aug 08.at the princess dinner at the Arkershus. My DD(11) was ten at the time. As with most "tweens" she has made the move from Barbie Princess's to Hannah Montana and the Jonus Brothers.:sad2:

Well anyhow, we gave her the option to do character dinners or not. Other than her wanting to go to a fancy dinner(we ended up doing Narcoosee's) she wanted to do the CRT but we couldn't get in. Instead we ended up doing the princess instead in Norway.

It was priceless to watch my daughter change from that little girl wanting to grow up so fast to her being daddy's little princess all over again. I am not ashamed to say this, but it actually brought tears to my eyes. She was absolutely thrilled to see the princesses. She was so excited to see her favorite princess in Ariel actually show up at our table. When she saw her from across the restaurant she was like a 6 year old all over again.

We are going back in 5 days and we have ADR's this time to CRT. I'm sure that the magic won't be the same as it was in August but I'm sure I'll still get the chance to see the "little girl" in my daughter one last time in WDW. :)

:offtopic:
I feel your pain, my girls are growing up too fast as well, they are 7,9 and 14.:sad:
I have to tell you though. My dd14 is not the girly, girl type at all (the younger 2 are, but not her.) But she still loved CRT on our last trip. Something about being in the castle, I don't know what it is but it is great! have fun, I know, it goes far too fast!!!!

:thumbsup2 50's Rime Time Cafe in MGM (sorry, it will ALWAYS be MGM to me) was the absolute best time i ever had in a restaurant....next to Whispering Canyons in The Wilderness Lodge. I think being putting in Time Out at PTC by my then 6 year old was the greatest albeit embarrassing!

Not to mention the KETCHUP calvacade at Whispering Canyons!

Oh and by the way this is my first post!

I'm sure you'll still have a magical time at CRT and you'll all enjoy it. We went last time and we all really liked it, even dh. Sometimes you just can't help but get caught up in the magic (and princessness) of it all! Enjoy!

That's encouraging to hear. I've heard a few mixed opinions about CRT but we stayed to our guns and kept the ADR. And your right, I'm sure there will be some magic once again.

:offtopic:
I feel your pain, my girls are growing up too fast as well, they are 7,9 and 14.:sad:
I have to tell you though. My dd14 is not the girly, girl type at all (the younger 2 are, but not her.) But she still loved CRT on our last trip. Something about being in the castle, I don't know what it is but it is great! have fun, I know, it goes far too fast!!!!

Your not kidding about growing up. I sometimes wish I could stop her at age 9. My daughter was truly a miracle. We were told that we could never have a child. After 11 years of marriage my wife began to have those episodes of not feeling to well in the morning and a craving for baked potato's.:sad2: A trip to the doctor confirmed what we suspected.

Sorry, off topic as well. Hopefully when we get back we'll have some more dining experiences to talk about. :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter