Your Epcot Touring Plan After New Soarin And Frozen (yecch) Open

I'll be there for a single day at the beginning of November. Thankfully I was able to get an 8:10 at Akershus, so I'm hoping we can get through that, hit FEA and the M&G, then FP Soarin a bit later. No interest in Test Track (well, my 9yo is interested, but she's the only one).

I have two different plans and I'm not sure which one we will go with...
1. RD Soarin, Nemo/living seas, single ride line TT (or just skip altogether), FP FEA, A&E (depending on how long the wait is maybe before or after lunch), Akershus lunch, then WS
2. PPO Akershus breakfast, FEA, A&E, single ride line TT (or skip), FP Soarin, Nemo/Living seas, then head to WS

I think Epcotis going to be the hardest day for me to plan. We have no interest in Soarin' or TT, but two Frozen-loving girls. I don't know how we'll get both FEA and M&G in one day without waiting forever.

I'd personally rope drop A&E meet & greet and FP+ FEA ride.

My plan is to RD A&E, FP+ FEA right after hopefully. On Day 2 I plan on Test Track at Ropedrop and FP+ Soarin'. I HATE that I'm going all the way to Norway one morning to end up turning around and heading back for Future World since the rest of world showcase won't be open. @@

I notice a lot of people plan on skipping Test Track this time around like it's the ugly duckling of Epcot. Maybe adding TT as a 4th FP may be more doable?

I heard that the M+G will be in the area that opens at 11? Is that right? So a PPO ADR isn't too useful? I am a newbie, and don't really know, but that had been my plan.. Akershus breakfast 8:00... M+G then FP for the FEA ride. Now I'm just not sure what to do.

We will be going to Epcot 2 days. One day we will FP FEA and the other we will FP Soaring. We will do TT at RD on one of the days. Our youngest in 17 so no character M&G for us.

I cannot see the new movie making a difference in the end to historical wait times.. There is also the 3rd theater..

The only way I can see it making a difference is 1) the new movie is so much better than the old one that even more people want to re-ride, or 2) the new movie turns out not to be as good as the old one and people don't re-ride as often. I do think the third theater will help some, depending on how they distribute the FP guests vs. the standby guests. There have been some rumors that there will be dedicated theaters for guests with FP+ and dedicated theaters for guests riding standby. If they do decide to go that route, it could affect wait times depending on whether there are more FP or standby guests at any given time.

As far as how I am handling the scheduling of two tier one attractions, I plan to do them separate days. I have a three day weekend booked for the end of this month, with two days of new Soarin and one day of FEA booked. If I like the new Soarin as much as the old one, I'll keep the FP+ and ride it twice, but if for some reason I don't, then I'll cancel the FP+ on the second day and check out the new stuff at Disney Springs instead.

I notice a lot of people plan on skipping Test Track this time around like it's the ugly duckling of Epcot. Maybe adding TT as a 4th FP may be more doable?
We will probably try this. Book all 3 FPs as early as possible. My kids love Figment and Turtle Talk with Crush so we won't even need to just tap and not do them. They are stuff we'd be doing anyways.

The kids love TT, wanted it to be the very first thing they ride- hubby was appalled that they did not want to go to MK first.
SO, I will be following, we have 2 Epcot days so we will likely FP Soarin one day and FEA the next day, RD TT because the kids love it and want to go there first (ahem, before it breaks down) and get a FP for Mission Space for hubs.
We already saw A&E in MK so we are only going to meet and greet the characters we did not get- must FP Baymax and hopefully the kids won't care about Joy and Sadness.

We already saw A&E in MK so we are only going to meet and greet the characters we did not get- must FP Baymax and hopefully the kids won't care about Joy and Sadness.

Sadly there is no FP for Baymax. Wait times haven't been reported to be all that bad, especially with Joy and Sadness nearby.

Sadly there is no FP for Baymax. Wait times haven't been reported to be all that bad, especially with Joy and Sadness nearby.

Awe man...well, hopefully we can do like last year and get in right before 9pm and see Baymax. We skipped him last time because the line was so bad.

We aren't interested in Frozen or Meeting characters anymore (been there, done that, who else remembers standing in the full sun an hour to meet Ariel at MK before new fantasy land lol). We will fp Sorin and try to rope drop TT. Even if the TT line is long at least it's fun.

Sure we would like to experience the new frozen ride but won't wait more than an hour for any one ride so it may have to wait. We still haven't ridden 7DMT and we've been twice since it opened. Any one ride just isn't make or break it for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter