Your Disney Pet Peeves

CdnDisneyLuvr

Mouseketeer
I'll admit, there are things that people do at WDW that really get on my nerves. For example, when waiting in line with ropes marking the queue line and people swinging the rope back and forth (sometimes hitting you).

Is this ridiculous? No, it just really bothers me.

How about you? What's Your Disney Pet Peeves?

For example, when waiting in line with ropes marking the queue line and people swinging the rope back and forth (sometimes hitting you).

This tends to be kids, and kids will be kids. We don't have any and honestly are anoyed by them easily. Though when we go to Disney we expect this and manage.
I don't have many peeves at Disney, except for people trying to cram themselves in to my tram seat row when there clearly isn't enough room and then complaining about being treated like "hearded cattle". They were the ones that made it that way.

This tends to be kids, and kids will be kids. We don't have any and honestly are anoyed by them easily. Though when we go to Disney we expect this and manage.
I don't have many peeves at Disney, except for people trying to cram themselves in to my tram seat row when there clearly isn't enough room and then complaining about being treated like "hearded cattle". They were the ones that made it that way.

I can handle kids, it's just when you want to relax your hand on the rope, and it's really sharp rope, and kids are swinging it back and forth...

People stopping (sometimes suddenly) to read maps in the middle of the walkway. Stand to the side!

People sitting on railings while you are waiting in line -- even when you are not supposed to. It's not a great sight having someone's butt hanging over right where you are standing in line :scared: :eek: . For some reason this really bugs me.

families with kids who push ahead of you at parades because "it's all for the children" like you don't count - uh, NO!

families with kids who push ahead of you at parades because "it's all for the children" like you don't count - uh, NO!

DITTO! Although I also love it when parents seem to think my mum's wheelchair is some sort of playground. :rolleyes: We've had kids try to climb on her, and one kid that tried to weave his hand through the spokes of the wheels just before the parade ended. :scared1: Thank goodness I noticed before I started pushing her away from the parade route.

ETA:
People who complain why at the Happiest Place on Earth

This too! There was a woman on the bus with my mum and I and a bunch of other people that just would not stop complaining about POR. Granted, it was storming at the time and she had apparently waited a while for a bus, but still. There's no need to literally shout about how horrible this that and the other thing are, and how it wasn't worth your money and you hate this place and will never be back, and so on and so on. It's like, complain to your family back at the room, write a letter to Disney Corporate, but for the love of Pete, stop *****ing and moaning in front of who knows however many people and bringing us all down because you didn't plan. Woo, sorry, felt good to get that off my chest lol!

Honestly, I used to let the little things bother me. Then I'd find myself getting all stressed out and snippy. Then that turned into at least a wasted 15-20 minutes of fun vacation time. After the first couple trips with my own family, I decided to just let things go. It wasn't worth it to me to let SOMEONE else decide whether or not I have a good time! So now, the little things don't matter so much. I may think about it momentarily, but then its gone(such as the map readers,etc).

My biggest pet peeve are people who complain about a trip to WDW when they didn't do ANY research at all, expecting to find something like Six Flags when they arrived in Orlando. That gets me every time...but then I'm usually here at home.;) :)

DITTO! Although I also love it when parents seem to think my mum's wheelchair is some sort of playground. :rolleyes: We've had kids try to climb on her, and one kid that tried to weave his hand through the spokes of the wheels just before the parade ended. :scared1: Thank goodness I noticed before I started pushing her away from the parade route.

I HATE this anywhere i use my chair - my chair is not your playground, stepping stool, "lean rail", coat hanger, or shopping cart. please do not "move me" out of the way if you want to see something on the shelf i am near - odds are I am looking at it too! i get a lot of people who stop behind me when i am waiting to see a parade and then lean on my chair. PLEASE do not do this... i will not touch your rear end, you do not touch my chair, and we'll call it a day!

People stopping (sometimes suddenly) to read maps in the middle of the walkway. Stand to the side!

Absolutely my # 1 Pet Peeve. I can't stand when people do this.

There you are going merrily along and all fo a sudden..."THUNK" the person in front of you just dead stops to either read a map or to have a discussion with the rest of their family. Blocks your path and if it's crowded you can't get around them.
Drives. Me. Crazy.

People who run for their lives at rope drop to get to a ride, even though the CMs say not to run.

People who use the back door to get on the bus to bypass everyone and make sure they get a seat, again, even though there's a clear sign that says not to and often the bus driver will be asking nicely to use the front door. We have seen people rush in front of wheelchairs to hop in through the back door to get themselves a seat. Sad.

I took everything at Disney with a grain of salt, and had the best time of my life, but I felt sorry for those people who had no respect for rules or others.

Plus, what kind of example does that set for your kids?

My two have already been covered but smoking outside of designated areas and large groups walking shoulder to shoulder instead of single file. Also those visitors not from the USA who think pushing and shoving in line is the norm. One swift elbow to the gut usually gets your message across.:cool1:

It's been awhile since our first trip five years ago and I can't remember if I did it in the middle of walkways, but I confess to being an obsessive map reader! :blush: Thank you for bringing the possibility of stopping traffic to my attention so I don't do it this time around!

I must comment on the parade issue though . . . if you are waiting front and center, I totally understand and would never try to invade upon your space. But what about the adults who are pushing aside the kids?! :mad: My kids were even pushed aside at the KIDS stations in EPCOT so ADULTS could get their masks stamped!! :eek: It was beyond infuriating! (Okay, mind you, it was just one extremely rude college-aged couple and I don't mean to generalize, but it was shockingly obnoxious and surprisingly tolerated by the CM's!)

On a lighter note, how about sweating your you-know-what-off by 8:00 am in the middle of August?! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter