Your best cast member experience

I remember riding a bus across WDW property back in 2006, and the bus driver had decided to turn the ride into a quiz show. He'd call on people, ask where they were from, ask a trivia question. If you got it right he'd flash the inside lights on and off and get all excited about it. He was a pretty funny guy.
My Dad was a bus driver at Disney and he used to do this too!! :-)

And one more...

On our first visit to Cinderella's Royal Table when DD16 was 3, she dressed up as Snow White. (She was a HUGE snow white fan and loved Dopey too!) Most of the princesses came by and did their normal meet and greet for a minute or so, but when the "real" Snow White came by, she went out of her way to to make DD feel extra special...

She pulled her aside and commented on her costume, compared their bows, dresses, and whatnot. She had DD twirl around a few times to compare their dresses, and then asked us if we minded if she took her for a couple minutes. She took DD up front and then paraded her around the restaurant for a while, and then they got her some "pixie dust" (the shiny Mickey Mouse confetti) before coming back to our table. And even after they returned, Snow White stayed and interacted for a few more minutes. We've since been back to the Princess breakfasts at
Cindy's and Norway a couple times each, and it's crazy to think just how much time that first cast member spent with DD. It was truly magical. DD still remembers it today and she still has the handful of pixie dust in a baggie.

It also made for one of my favorite photo's of DD's early childhood...

And of course, she made over our little buddy too!

And left him with a nice souvenir!! :rotfl2: Hahaha!

My best experience was with a young women selling balloons on Main Street.

My DS (he was 4 at the time) tripped and fell while he was walking down Main Street. His knee was all scraped up and he was crying. We sat down on the curb to clean up the boo-boo and put a band-aid on him. While we were sitting there, the CM came over to us and began to talk to my son. She was just the sweetest person and in no time, he had stopped crying. They talked about his favorite ride and if he had met any of his favorite characters. Then she pulled a stack of Disney themed band-aids out of her pocket and the two of them spent several minutes discussing which one might be the coolest option to cover that boo-boo. He picked a Buzz Lightyear band-aid. Then she told him to pick any balloon he wanted because "No one was allowed to be sad at Magic Kingdom." Just totally made our day. Instead of being upset about that scrape on his knee, he was so excited about that band-aid and his balloon. It changed his mood for the rest of the day.

We have lots of good memories of the "good ol' days" not so many in recent years, unfortunately.

Last edited:
This is a great thread! In the meantime, I hope visitors are nice and friendly to these CMs so they enjoy working there and are in good mood to give us a magical time at Disney parks. Its a two way street.

Our last trip my youngest and I decided to let the others sleep in and we hit MK early. All my son wanted to ride was Tea Cups so we just kept riding it over and over. The CM there just fell in love with my son. The last time we ran around she stopped him and talked to him and whispered something in his and then handed him a few paper fast passes to use later! She was awesome. The next time we were in MK we were walking by Tea Cups and she saw my son and called out to him and waved, my son was so happy :) Just really made him feel special :)

At DHS, Mrs. Homie and I were sitting near where a character greeting was going on, just watching the interaction while we took a break. After the character had gone backstage, his handler came out, sat down, and struck up a conversation with us. Really friendly and personable guy, telling us all about his various job duties. He told us that the last job on his schedule for the day was as a driver in the Stars & Motor Cars Parade, and to be on the lookout for him. Sure enough, when he drove by, he saw us and gave us a big thumbs-up.

A couple from our last trip come to mind (April 2015):

While waiting at FW for the boat to WL, a CM entertained my children. DD in particular is very shy and will not normally talk to strangers, but he was tapping her shoulders when she turned around and making her laugh. That was our first night, and that is when I turned to DH and said, "THIS is why we come to Disney!"

Secondly, I wanted to do Animation Academy. Same DD is an artist, and thus a perfectionist. She gets VERY upset if her drawing does not look like she thinks it should, so she dissolved in tears and wrote something derogatory about her drawing at the top of her paper. The CM saw DD crying at the end of the show, and got down on DD's level and told her how amazing her drawing was, that she wanted to show it to the animator, etc. DD didn't want to do that, but that CM was so sweet that I was in tears! DD even allowed the CM to hug her after their chat.

We have so many, but sadly like a PP said, not as much in more recent years. One that stands out is because it was so simple - something most people wouldn't care about at all - but had HUGE impact on DS. DS was probably about 15 at the time. He has Down Syndrome and uses a wheelchair in the parks.

Space Mountain is his favorite ride. We had ridden several times over the course of the week, and almost every time, a young college program CM named Steve was working the wheelchair line. For some reason DS took a real liking to Steve. While we were waiting in the wheelchair boarding area one day later in the trip, DS told Steve that he wanted him to ride with him instead of Mom. Then Steve said he had to go check on something and would be right back. Well, he had gone to get permission to ride and another CM to cover his post. So he and DS rode (DS declared that I couldn't ride at all, LOL), while the other CM and I took the wheelchair down to the un-boarding area to wait. DS was in hog heaven getting to ride with "cool Steve" instead of Mom.

On one of our earlier trips, we met Purnima at the Confectionary and she was super kind to our boys, who could not make up their minds what they wanted from the display case. There was talk of M&Ms being DS's favorite treat, and he went with an M&M covered cookie or brownie or something like that. At the cash register, she threw in an extra bag of mini M&Ms for DS to enjoy. Every trip we go back and see Purnima and she always greets us all with a big hug and smile, and gives them a small treat. She is just the sweetest lady, and we love being her regulars!

I took our older girls for a trip during Christmas. We were hurrying to ride as much as we could before closing one night. We rode Space mtn. about and hour before closing and one of my girls left her glasses in the ride vehicle. She noticed it quickly but not quick enough. The CM where you get off the ride said to wait here as he checked the vehicles as they came back around. We waited about 15 minutes or so and lo and behold they found her glasses. She was so
happy. Then the CM said sorry you missed a few rides before closing would you like to ride Space again. We said thanks thinking he would give us a
fastpass or something, but no. He took us up the back stairs to get line in near the front. My girls were like "this is cool". We thanked him and rode
again. When we got to the end of the ride he was there and asked if we wanted to do it again. We were blow away. I think we got to do this about 2 more
times before closing. It ended up being a great memory because of the CM(Michael- "Mr. Fastpass"). My older girls and I still talk about this and it was in 2003.

Haven't been to WDW since 2011, but one CM interaction really sticks out. My wife and I were at AK and were taking a leisurely stroll around the Tree of Life to admire and take in all of the carvings. Somewhere during our meandering, we wound up in the exit line for "It's Tough to be a Bug." One CM approached us and directed us to where we "should" be. Along the way, another CM that appeared to be a custodian/janitor that was in the vicinity of the 1st CM came up to us and told us not to go the way we were directed and to follow him instead. We were a little puzzled, but figured "Why not...we're at Disney." So we followed him to a CM only area and began pointing out carvings that the public doesn't get to see. The 1st CM approached us a 2nd time and our new found friend quickly let her know that we were his guests and he could handle things from there. He continued to lead us around and we eventually found ourselves in front of a small pen with a couple of flightless birds (no recollection of what they were), but he demonstrated a quick call and both of them came running up the the fence line where he had treats ready for them. It was only about a 10-15 minute interaction, but it totally made our day at AK.

Last edited:
Mine are both from several years ago, but I doubt I'll ever forget either:

2008, honeymoon: my husband and I were in AK, passing the time before a show, and decided to get in the single rider line for EE. A sweet older CM saw us heading to the single rider line while wearing our Just Married pins and simply wasn't having it! He jokingly acted appalled that two newlyweds were attempting to ride single rider, and marched us right to the front of the line, telling the CM there, "I caught these two Just Marrieds trying to sneak into the single rider line. Can you believe that? Make them ride together!" We were so tickled. :)

2013, 5th anniversary: Ariel has been my favorite Princess since The Little Mermaid released when I was four. I didn't get to meet her on my honeymoon, nor on the one trip I had as a seven-year-old, so my husband booked Akershus breakfast for this trip. I wore my Little Mermaid shirt, and Ariel was so happy when she saw it. I told her she was my favorite, and she was such a sweetheart to me. Before she left, she hugged me and told me, "I hope you have a wonderful day, Princess." That sweet young woman has no idea how much she made my day. Ariel was my favorite part of that whole trip.

As a couple who goes to Disney World without children, we truly appreciate it when CMs go out of their way to make us feel special, too.

The one guy who has worked at club level in wl for years. I'm so embarrassed I forgot his name. He had fruit for my daughter only the stuff she liked (knew after meeting her one day. She was only 2 at the time) and an apple juice every morning when we were leaving for the park. Not only with how he treated us but how he interacted when I saw him in the lobby. Just an awesome awesome guy.

Loved reading all these! What an awesome place. Here's a few that come to mind for me-

One of the people at the reception desk @ OKW saw me and DD admiring the pin board and let us inspect it for a closer look. My DD recognizedotwp she needed to complete a set and I lamented that our pins were in our luggage, but we could come back later and get them if they were still here. She said to my DD that she could tell she'd appreciate them and wanted her to take them. DD was so excited as she skipped out of the hospitality house. I told the CM I would be back later to drop off some pins to make up for it, she just shrugged and said "This is what we call a magic moment." Then she winked and it felt like she was all like "I got you, bro..."

On another trip we were running late (waaaay late) to a FP for Kilimanjaro Safaris. My wife was NOT happy seeing as its her favorite ride. We were probably a real sight for the CM at the queue. When we approached the Mickey obviously turned blue. My wife gave me a glare as she said "Yeah, sorry we were so late, girls. Maybe next time!". The CM smiled and said "That's OK, we can't have you missing the safari, the next one isn't for weeks!" and then he gave me a look that was all like "I got you, bro..."

Later that same trip we were making the walk of shame to the ME and it just dawned on DD that we were leaving. She threw a full-on tantrum! Literal kicking and flailing on the ground the likes of which I would have never thought possible from her. After a few minutes of trying to coax her, I just stood back to let her get it out of her system. A CM, I think he was the greeter, came and stood next to me and I was like, "You know you did a good job if they're sleeping when they leave or crying because they don't want to go." He asked me how long we had been there, where our room was, a nice small-talk type conversation before he walked into the building. He came back with a stuffed Minnie and showed it to my daughter. He said Minnie wanted to come home with us so DD wouldn't be sad, but made her PROMISE to bring her back the next time we come so that she doesn't miss WDW too much. He said, "you can't cry or it will make her sad- I need you to be brave on the bus and plane for her." My sister in law and wife were in tears at this point. My DD nodded and sat there, holding Minnie without making a peep. Then, the CM came back out with a stuffed Olaf for DD2 and said "Can't let the other one not get a little magic, too!" Then he looked at me with a smile that I know said "I got you, bro."

Absolutely loving this thread!

I have so many amazing CM experiences, it's hard to pick my best. But I would have to say one of my favorites was back in the day when River Country was still open and I was maybe 14 or 15. My parents and I were at River Country, and my parents got to talking to a lifeguard, and mentioned that I wanted to be a lifeguard when I was old enough to be one. Upon hearing this, the lifeguard decided to take me under his wing and show me the ropes of being a lifeguard. He spent his entire break time showing me around and letting me play lifeguard. It was so much fun, and happy to say the experience paid off, once I was old enough to take the test I became a lifeguard and worked as one for over 8 years! Best job ever.

Another one of my favorite CM experiences was on the boat from DHS to the BC. We were stopping off at the Boardwalk first, and as we were leaving DHS, the captain upon mentioning our first stop was the Boardwalk, started singing Under the Boardwalk, and of course most everyone on the boat joined in. Just such a fun silly moment that I will never forget!

My twin sister and I both used to work in a daycare and we would frequent WDW at least once a year. Every time while working there we would always try and bring the kids back something (I only had 8 kids in my room, she had 16). This one particular time (I have no idea what year it was - maybe the late 1990's) We decided we were going to ask to buy the twirly Mickey Straws. This particular CM that we asked was super nice that she not only gave us enough straws for the kids in each of our rooms, but enough straws to give every kid in each centre a straw, all for free! It was awesome and it was so nice of her. WE made sure to stop by and let her bosses know.

I have a few, but the recent one we had is something I will never forget. We planned last minute trip to WDW after hearing about the Osborne Lights going away last year. It was only a weekend, but we knew we had to go to MK. We had our daughter with us, who was a week shy of 2 then.. and we were in line for her to meet her first princess ever - Jasmine. While waiting for Jasmine to arrive, the Photopass Photographer, Chris, came up to my daughter and interacted with her for a good 10 minutes.. he took at least 25 pictures of her just "modeling" for him, and giggling. He was pointing out the gems in the cement, and really just having fun with her. I immediately started crying, and just smiled at my husband. And those pictures he took, I seriously treasure more than others. He was so awesome! It's the little things that really make it magical, and this moment was definitely one of them!

ETA - If I knew how to share pictures on here, I definitely would! :)

I have a few, but the recent one we had is something I will never forget. We planned last minute trip to WDW after hearing about the Osborne Lights going away last year. It was only a weekend, but we knew we had to go to MK. We had our daughter with us, who was a week shy of 2 then.. and we were in line for her to meet her first princess ever - Jasmine. While waiting for Jasmine to arrive, the Photopass Photographer, Chris, came up to my daughter and interacted with her for a good 10 minutes.. he took at least 25 pictures of her just "modeling" for him, and giggling. He was pointing out the gems in the cement, and really just having fun with her. I immediately started crying, and just smiled at my husband. And those pictures he took, I seriously treasure more than others. He was so awesome! It's the little things that really make it magical, and this moment was definitely one of them!

ETA - If I knew how to share pictures on here, I definitely would! :)

Chris is my absolute favorite CM in all the parks. I have seen him stationed all around MK, and he always seems to be the embodiment of the Disney spirit.

My family came to visit last year and my little sisters went to the pirate makeover while the rest of us when on some big-kid rides. When I met back up with my family, my dad was telling me about a photographer that was there after and took pictures of them, and I knew immediately it was Chris just because of how great my dad said he was

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter