youngest you've ever taken?

PottersMom

Mouseketeer
We want to suprise our oldest with a 1day B-day trip to MK. We have a baby that will be 2mos or so at that time. Basically, the baby will stay attached to mama in her sling, so Im not worried about ppl touching her or anything like that. She is also breastfed, so no worries about sterile formula. Just wondering if anyone else has gone with a child that age and what your experience was. I have seen NBs in the parks, so I know ppl do it.
P.S Im not interested in being told Im a crazy person for asking about someone elses experience. Kindly move on to another thread if you plan on tearing me down for asking. Thanks. We just want to make our older daughters Bday special.:lovestruc

We want to suprise our oldest with a 1day B-day trip to MK. We have a baby that will be 2mos or so at that time. Basically, the baby will stay attached to mama in her sling, so Im not worried about ppl touching her or anything like that. She is also breastfed, so no worries about sterile formula. Just wondering if anyone else has gone with a child that age and what your experience was. I have seen NBs in the parks, so I know ppl do it.
P.S Im not interested in being told Im a crazy person for asking about someone elses experience. Kindly move on to another thread if you plan on tearing me down for asking. Thanks. We just want to make our older daughters Bday special.:lovestruc

I would not have been comfortable taking a baby that small out in potentially inclement weather for that many hours. I would be too worried about germs and too hot/too cold/too wet to enjoy the trip. I'd also be worried that if this is a one day trip for the older kid it could end up with too much time focused on the needs of the baby. I know when we took DD this Spring there was a lot of stopping and diaper changes and nursing and baby needs some quiet and dodging characters that scared her... It was okay because DS is 13 and we had a week, but if he'd been younger and it had been a one day birthday trip he might have felt a little shorted.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I don't think I'd do it quite that young, but I know there are people who do. I'd probably be inclined to make the special birthday trip next year- Mickey's not going anywhere. :lovestruc

I am assuming (but may be wrong) that if you are going for a one day trip, you live close. We used to live about 30 min. from DL and I brought my second DD, who is 16 now, to DL when she was a few weeks old. She was in her snuggli at the time (not sure if they had wraps back then) and it was great. She slept almost the entire time and I had no problems and I also breastfed her. My older DD didn't mind having the baby along at all and I didn't feel it took away from her. She was just happy to be at Disney. We live about an hour away now and when my new son was born last year, I was told by my ped to wait until he was 2 months old and he had his first set of shots before we took him because so many parents are not immunizing their kids now.

As long as your little one has had his or her first set of shots, I say go for it! Enjoy yourselves. It's only a day and you can always leave if things don't go well.

On our last trip my youngest was 3 months exactly. IMO, an infant is easier than chasing a toddler! I carried him in a wrap the entire time. I do agree with the PP that shots are important to have before you go. I don't think that a long day would be a problem because the baby can sleep wherever you are. As long as you are prepared to sit out and take care of the baby when need be, I would say go and have fun. Don't let anybody make you feel bad!

The first time we went DS was 7 weeks old. We were there the last week of September, so it was very hot. I was lucky enough to have my parents with us, so DD's got to do whatever they wanted (but they were almost 3 and 4 at the time).

DS was super easy: I did not go anywhere special to nurse him (just sat out of the way and had a blanket) and finding shade for him was no problem.

I agree with PP that if she's had her first vaccines, I wouldn't see it being an issue. But then again, the nurse I had after I gave birth said she took her 11 day old baby to DL.

We took our DD to WDW when she was 6 months old. We had a blast! I think we were there for 6-7 days. We live in Pittsburgh and I had to go to Atlanta for work. So of course we found a way to fit a trip to Disney in the plans. We flew in to Atlanta and rented a car. Then we drove to WDW. She got her 1st haircut on Main St., we did MVMCP, etc. etc. We did not have any issues at all. We took away a lot of good memories from her 1st trip to The World.

We went with my oldest when he was 7 months and I was 4 months pregnant so I'm all for it! We had planned the trip for quite some time and then it just happened I had a baby and was pg. lol It was a lot of fun. I say do it. That young they will just wake up to eat and change so why not?

Have fun! :banana:

We went when DD was about 4 months old to do something fun for DS. Went to MK for the day, spent the night at CR, swam in the pool until we were ready to leave. This was in June so it was hot. One of us held DD the entire day. Just made sure she was hydrated and properly dressed, and one of us attended to her feeding/changing needs while DS was on a ride with the other parent. We didn't think it was hard at all, but I'm of the mindset that things are only as difficult as you make them out to be. DS had a blast!

Our youngest was 3 months ( just turned 3 months before our trip) when we took her to WDW this past February. I would wear her for a bit and she would ride in the stroller. Nobody really tired to touch her unless we were eating. We had several people think it was okay to just touch her and one lady tried to pick her up while we were eating! Otherwise our trip was awesome. Also we found the baby to be the easy one to take care of. She slept for 80% of the time we were in the parks unless she needed a diaper/bottle or she would quietly just check out everything as she went by. Our toddlers on the other hand were loud, got cranky, threw fits, ect. Oh and getting our 2 y/o off of the Pooh ride was like torture to her.. lol.

Oh & we also have our kids doctor check them out before we go (mostly because our middle child has medical issues) and they also get checked out when we get back.

That age is so easy to bring, especially when worn and bfed! We went when my youngest just a little older than that and were there 11 hours with no problem:) He was probably even happier than normal because I rarely set him down since he was in his sling:) My oldest had a blast and my youngest was so content.

Our daughter was 2 months old for her first trip. We hadn't planned on going that young but the in-laws wanted to meet up in Disney to celebrate their 50th anniversary so we decided it was worth it. The only tough part with the 2 month old was the drive back. She had a dairy/soy intolerance and apparently I had eaten some unknowing. The 8 hour drive was a 15 hour drive. Other than that, it was really easy with her. It was a little hot in early June but the heat bothered me more than her. By 2 months, my c-section had recovered enough that I could handle the walking with breaks. She was in the sling all day long. We used the stroller for our barely 3 year old who proved much more difficult than the 2 month old! We did take a stroller which reclined thinking she would need to sleep in it but she was happy in the sling.

Our trip must have been fine because we went back when she was 9 months old. At that point, she wouldn't sleep in the sling so she slept in the stroller but was in the sling otherwise. The 3.5 year old was much easier than he was at 3, but was still far more challenging than the baby. Our drive went much better that time.

I breastfeed and use a sling and it was very easy to have a baby there. No one touches a baby in the sling I've noticed. I think we had 5 days of parks and 2 days at the hotel without parks that first trip.

See my sig picture. He was six weeks old and did GREAT. It was super easy and I could take him on almost all rides in the Baby B'jorn. We were there for a week. A day would be a breeze.

We took DD just shy of 3 months old when DS turned 3. It was very easy, and we had a great time. My sister went too, and having the extra adult there made baby swapping easier and helped keep an eye on the 3 year old. I never remember anyone trying to touch her. My children are hot natured, so she spent a lot of time in her stroller with a cold wash cloth on her head and a fan on her stroller, and we all had fun! I would be careful about sanitizing my own hands, and we had to protect her delicate baby skin from the sun.

We took a little guy who was 14-weeks old to WDW for 11 nights. Mom did not use a sling or any type of carrier--just some type of stroller contraption where the baby was up where the canopy would be and faced the person pushing the stroller. Obviously, I have no clue about strollers! *LOL*

Other than that, we carried him. He was a very laid-back little guy and as long as he was fed, changed and cuddled, he was a happy camper!

On our return flight, there was a family with a 9-week-old infant who has been at WDW for 9 nights (December with its variable weather). Both little ones were fine. :)

I would totally do it if I were you. You'll never get that time back with your older one. And it sounds like you have a good game plan as far as wearing the little one and breastfeeding on demand. That's all they really do at that age anyway...

For the record, we went to WDW when my nephew was 3 months. He was a dream. He mostly slept, fed, coo'd and snuggled. He's 10 now and I've never heard my sister say that she regretted any part of that trip. I know I sure liked having him there. :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter