Youngest Child?

WillieBearsMom

Mouseketeer
I was wondering... what's the youngest child you've taken to Disney? Was it a nightmare or did it work?

I'm just looking for advice. My 2 1/2 year old has been twice and both times have been great, but now he has a little brother who isn't old at all. My husband and I are aching to go back, but are hesitant because of the baby. Leaving him home isn't an option to us.

Thanks for any stories that you'll share about taking your young ones or any advice!!!

We took our twin boys for the first time when they were 10 months old... and that was flying 7 hours to get there! Since then, we have made the long trip 4 more times.... and each time is just as magical; as the boys discover new things and start to remember favorites. (We had an hour conversation about the chickens in Barnstormer on our last trip... something they remembered from the previous trip at just under 2 years old... I couldnt figure out WHAT they were talking about, until they took me to the ride and showed me the chickens in the walkthrough line of the Barnstormer in Toontown.)

When they were young it was great. We had Peltor ear muffs that blocked the sound for fireworks etc... and used the baby bjorns for many rides and waiting in lines. Sometimes I think it was easier than travelling with them now!

We took DS when he was 6 months and DD was 26 months. DS was still waking in the night to nurse, so I was tired. We had family members there to help, so that made it easier. It was a great trip! :)

My youngest was 6 WEEKS! It was a fabulous trip, she was amazing, would do it again in a heartbeat.
She came with her big sisters who were almost 3, and almost 2 at the time. We traveled with another famliy who had an almost 2 year old, and their baby was about 11 weeks, or around there.

We took our son when he was 7 mos. old and it was great. We were all tired by the end of the trip, but it was totally worth it.

I took my dd when she was 4 months. We really had no problems. She was great, and I'd do it again.

The youngest child we ever took to Disney was 26 months. He loved it. But he is a really mellow kid (both then and now). Nothing really freaked him out. He liked all of the rides, and was quiet during sit down dinners. But like I said, he's a mellow kid.

He slept in the lower bunk in a Wilderness cabin, so we didn't bring a pack and play or anything of that sort. We rented strollers (back when they were affordable).

The second youngest was 27 months, and she acted pretty much the same way. If anything, I think she loved it more. There were six adults and a 12 year old and 2 nine year olds to keep her happy, so that probably helped a lot. She shared a bed with her sisters.

We took our 3 yr old and 18 month old and stayed off property. 3 years later, we took a 6, 4, and 2 year old, and stayed at ASMo, and had a blast (and spent WAY too much at the Lego store) and in Dec we'll take a 7, 5, 3, and 4 month old to POR. Some say if they can't remember the trip, why bother, but I am a bigger believer in that if they can have fun, take 'em! The boys love Disney, and so does their father. :)

Our oldest (now 7), was 13 months, and learned to walk in Disney :)
Our middle (now 5) was 6 months,
Our youngest (just turned 2, was 6 months as well.

I found that for us, traveling with the kids at 6 months was easier than when they were toddlers--they can sit up and look around, are interested in everything, and don't have strong opinions about where they want to go, or where they are willing to sleep :)

We went when one of mine was 4 months, the other three were 2 1/2, 4 and 5. We didn't have that great of an experience with the baby, it was tiring for me since he still woke up at night and we had bought a new double stroller for the trip and he didn't like the way it reclined and cried every time I put him in it.

So with my newfound wisdom I would say make sure whatever method you use of carrying the baby (stroller, carrier, whatever) make sure both you and the baby are used to it. Also either bring help or plan a nap or two for you.

We also took my youngest when he was 8 months old. That trip went much more smoothly, we had terrible weather, but the experience with the baby was good.

We drove with DS(2.5) and DD(6 mo) last spring and the kids did great. We took our portable DVD player and DS watched Bolt the ENTIRE WAY THERE...

Once we got to WDW, we kept DD on her normal schedule, she slept when she wanted (really liked the boat rides), ate when she needed to, etc. We split time with her between the stroller and baby backpack.

DS would walk some, ride some. We did take mid-day breaks and he was a real trooper. I think he only had 2 epic meltdowns and that's because he didn't want to leave the parks.

We drove our car, only used the bus system 1 time and I wouldn't have done it any other way. We could have, but it was honestly easier to maneuver the kids that way.

We took lots of disposables (sippy cups, changing pads, bibs, flatware) and it was a Godsend.

I'd take them again at that age in a heartbeat. We weren't in a rush to get the E-ticket attractions, we could take our time and really enjoy the little things and do stuff as a family. It was honestly one of the best trips I have ever taken (out of 12 to WDW).

DD- 9 weeks
DS-3 months

We had a great time and I wouldn't hesitate taking a young baby to WDW (although we are done having kids!)

You will have a wonderful trip. I could never leave one child behind either.:goodvibes

DS was 13 months....he was great! Easy. He wasn't walking yet so he was content to hang out in the stroller, slept in the stroller! Now we are going back in May and he will be 20months! I think it will be a completely different experience, as I think he will be EVERYWHERE! How old is your baby?

Our youngest was 13 months on her first trip. It was the easiest trip you could possibly imagine. She wasn't walking yet - began the week we returned home. She loved the stroller! It was also her first flight; she fell asleep after the first 10 minutes on both the way to Orlando and the way home. The only downside: she was scared of the cartoon characters (Mickey, Chip, Goofy), not Cinderella, Belle, etc.

DD went when she was 1, 3, and will be 5 on our next trip

DS was 8 months, and will be 3 on our next trip

We really enjoyed ourselves on all our vacations to Disney. Never once did we regret it! I didn't think any of our trips were difficult at all.

I took my middle DD when she was 7 mos (she's now 6). She loved it..except Chip and Dale..she was terrified of the chipmunks lol. We are going again in April and will be taking our youngest DD who will be 2mos..I doubt she'll know whats going on though since most likely she will just sleep in her stroller for the most part lol.

My children were 2.5 years old for our first trip last Feb. I think it was about right for a first trip. They could enjoy the parks for 4-5 hours at a time, we returned for naps mid-day, and they weren't scared of characters or most rides.

She was 11 months old and being the youngest of 4 she was the most outgoing. She loved the characters and had the best interaction with all of them. We took her on any ride that she was able to go on and I was glad that we went because it was one of our better trips.

DS took his first trip to WDW at 6 months. It was super easy with him at that age - even now, he loves looking at the pictures of himself as a baby at WDW (really, with trips at 6 mo, 8 mo, 13 mo, 18 mo, 20 mo, and 32 mo - he can watch himself grow up by reviewing his Disney pictures). Our next trip (Jan. 2011) will be the first with new baby (who will also be 6 months for that trip) - DS will be 3 1/2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter