• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You won't believe the deal I got!

dholland

Earning My Ears
I have been trying for almost 2 weeks to get an upgrade with the ZQH code with no luck. Early this morning I thought I would give it another try. We are booked for 10/7-10/12 at POR. When I gave the lady my code she reported there were no upgrades at the moderate level and I wasn't interested in the values. She asked if I wanted her to check the deluxes and I responded "sure, why not." She said she could upgrade me to WL for another $300 but I wasn't interested. She then said, "Here's a good one, how about AKL for an extra $11.20???" I was thrilled and of course accepted. :cheer2:

I had read on here that rooms that are cancelled during the week go back on the available list on Sunday nights. Maybe that's true. I'm glad I persevered though.

Good luck on trying to get your rate.:hippie:

Wow! Congrats! Is that a standard view? You will love AKL!

PS I gave birth to a Corvette Convertible back in 2001!

Samsma, yes it's a standard view which is what we had at POR.

People do treat their vettes like babies.

WOW! We are currently at CSR with an AP rate in December, but if I could get AKL for another $11 I'd do it in a second! We really love that place. Congrats...
Lori

We were booked for CSR as was looking into trying to use a code, but no luck. Then yesterday i called to see if there was anything available. As luck would have it. We were able to book AKL for the same price as CSR. I was like you sure thats with dinning and everything. She say yup. Now you and you soon the be bride will have an extra special time on your Disneymoon now.
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet:hug:

I have been trying for almost 2 weeks to get an upgrade with the ZQH code with no luck. Early this morning I thought I would give it another try. We are booked for 10/7-10/12 at POR. When I gave the lady my code she reported there were no upgrades at the moderate level and I wasn't interested in the values. She asked if I wanted her to check the deluxes and I responded "sure, why not." She said she could upgrade me to WL for another $300 but I wasn't interested. She then said, "Here's a good one, how about AKL for an extra $11.20???" I was thrilled and of course accepted. :cheer2:

I had read on here that rooms that are cancelled during the week go back on the available list on Sunday nights. Maybe that's true. I'm glad I persevered though.

Good luck on trying to get your rate.:hippie:

Can you tell mw where you get these codes? I would love to upgrade our room.

Thanks

Sorry, I am still learning. Who did you call? the main Reservation #? IF you book through a travel agent, can you still try to upgrade? Sorry if these are stupid questions.

Thank you
Anne

Can you tell mw where you get these codes? I would love to upgrade our room.

Thanks
I found it here on the disney web site. It was kind of hard to find.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/tickets/packageListing?id=SpecialOfferListingPage
Click on 5 night/6 vacation package with hotel and theme park tickets. You can adjust your length of stay.
We have POR booked for the 10-22 to 10-22 with a code I got from Disney through email. I found this last night and AKL standard view was almost the same price, so I booked it in a hurry. I still have to cancel POR. Had we chosen to stay at POR, it would have been about 500.00 less.

The ZQH code is a general public code is available for anyone to use. I called 1-800-828-0228 and asked if she would check the code on my reservation. Give it a try.:cool1:

I too am booked at POR - although from 10/7 - 10/15. I have checked this site everyday for the last week or so and I have not been able to get WL or AKL to come up. I guess it's all in the timing of when you hit it.

If I booked my reservation online, and it told me the code when I printed my receipt, can I post it here? I'm assuming it's a public code, but I don't want to get into trouble!

I too am booked at POR - although from 10/7 - 10/15. I have checked this site everyday for the last week or so and I have not been able to get WL or AKL to come up. I guess it's all in the timing of when you hit it.

Keep checking! When the offer is out for 2 weeks and anyone who has not put their deposits down will be cancelled. People tend to make a ressie and hold it for the 14 days while they think about it.

I got some one upgraded for to AKL for the extra $12 also!!

I'm guessing that they released some AKL standard rooms into the discount pool (maybe rooms opened up because of the construction schedule?) because we were also able to move from POR to AKL standard view on the ZQH code on Sunday, whereas when I called on the day that the Disney Visa promo was released, AKL wasn't available at all.

YAY!!!

We are booked at POR from 10/11-10/14 and I tried online to upgrade to AK - increase of $600. When I called Disney Travel upgrade would increase $800. :confused3 Guess I'll keep trying.

I just went online also, while I had a CM on the phone. The CM was asking for an extra $200 over the offer thru the Disney site. I just booked a new ressie at AKLand cancelled the old one at CSR. As soon as I get my money back, I can pay off the AKL ressie. It's a very round about way to upgrade, though.

We originally booked CSR Dec 1-9.

Then the Visa codes came out. Added it to our ressie.

We called back and ended up splitting our stay (because of availability) Dec 1-5 AKL and Dec 5-9 CSR. Both with standard rooms.

Last week checked for an upgrade at AKL and we were able to book a savanna view room.

We are paying an extra $300 than what we would have paid for the 8 nights at CSR with Visa, but that is with not only an upgrade to a deluxe, but also to a savanna view room with bunk beds!!!

We are so excited.

I am so confused....

Going 10-27 through 11-3

POR, with 8 day tickets for 2 (1 adult / 1 child) and dining was 1662.......AKL ended up being 2079 for same package

I took the AKL but no way was the upgrade only $12

so.....how did everyone else get the $12 upgrade?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter