"You Never Leave a Snack Credit Behind!"

Aurora's Mommy

Because she's beautiful, when she's asleep!
Hello All,

The restaurant reviews were so helpful when I planned our trip, so I thought I'd try my hand at it to maybe help someone else out.

We were in the World from 4/17/2008 until 4/23/2008. I think you can guess from the title of the thread we were on the DDP, and we stayed at the Pop Century.

There are four of us, my DH (eats with a bottle of hot sauce in one hand and will try absolutely anything), me (love to eat, but kind of picky, especially when it comes to mushrooms!), DS (9, recently acquired a hollow leg, kind of picky but loves his cooked veggies) and DD (Aurora, 6, picky, picky, picky).

I'll be reviewing:

TS:

Prime Time Cafe -- dinner
Akershus Princess Breakfast
Raglan Road -- dinner
Tusker House -- lunch
Kona Cafe -- dinner
Liberty Tree Tavern -- dinner

CS:

Casey's Corner
Pop Century food court
Starring Rolls
Typhoon Tillies
Cosmic Rays
Tangerine Cafe

Plus a few other extras thrown in here and there.

So sit back, relax, our ride will start momentarily.

Looking forward to your reviews we are eating at some of the same restaurants next month.

Hello All,

The restaurant reviews were so helpful when I planned our trip, so I thought I'd try my hand at it to maybe help someone else out.

We were in the World from 4/17/2008 until 4/23/2008. I think you can guess from the title of the thread we were on the DDP, and we stayed at the Pop Century.

There are four of us, my DH (eats with a bottle of hot sauce in one hand and will try absolutely anything), me (love to eat, but kind of picky, especially when it comes to mushrooms!), DS (9, recently acquired a hollow leg, kind of picky but loves his cooked veggies) and DD (Aurora, 6, picky, picky, picky).

I'll be reviewing:

TS:

Prime Time Cafe -- dinner
Akershus Princess Breakfast
Raglan Road -- dinner
Tusker House -- lunch
Kona Cafe -- dinner
Liberty Tree Tavern -- dinner

CS:

Pop Century food court
Starring Rolls
Typhoon Tillies
Cosmic Rays
Tangerine Cafe

Plus a few other extras thrown in here and there.

So sit back, relax, our ride will start momentarily.

And awaaaaaay we go ! ! ! ! Off to a great start, can't wait to hear it !

I love these :thumbsup2 we're heading out Sept. and staying at the POP as well. i'm glad we have the same taste in foods cause alot of your TS choices are the ones we have booked.......good review, good review:scared:

:cool1: :cool1:

Bring it on, I can't wait till it begins.....

I'm back. Sorry for the wait!

So I've decided that the best way to go about this is chronologically, so that brings us to our first day at WDW. Our flight got in at 6 PM, and by the time we picked up our luggage, got our car, drove to the World, etc., we really should have picked something up at the food court and relaxed. BUT NOOOOO! We were in the World, and we were going to MK.:thumbsup2

We got to MK around 8:30, and Spectromagic was starting at 9. The place was wall to wall people. :scared1: We hadn't eaten anything but a snack since lunch time so we had to eat. As many times as I have been to MK, I had never realized there was a hot dog place on Main Street, but thanks to the Boards I not only knew it was there, but I knew it was pretty good (despite the complaints about the whole wheat buns).

I told DH to head up Main Street to the left and so we started fighting our way through the crowds single file. We finally break through the crowds, and there it is, Casey's Corner.

At this point we are starved. I went to the counter and explained that it was our very first time using the DDP, and they happily talked us through it. We got hot dogs and fries for DH, Aurora and me. DS got the corn dog nuggets and fries. I also picked up two brownies and two Cracker Jacks.

We found a seat outside, and I went in to check out the toppings bar I had read so much about. My favorite hot dog is topped with sauerkraut and yellow mustard, so I went for it. DH tried the hot relish.

I don't know if I was just that hungry, but that was a darn fine hot dog, and if it was a wheat bun, it was fine by me (but note, we normally eat wheat bread). DH said the relish wasn't that spicy, but keep in mind, he likes his food HOT.

The kids didn't comment much, they were too busy watching the parade (note, it wasn't a great view as we were sitting and there were alot of people standing around us, but it wasn't bad).

I should mention that the kids ate the brownies, and both only ate about half and threw the rest away. DS commented that it was "viscous". I'm guessing that it was too rich.

The Cracker Jack ended up coming home with us (we ate the last bag last week, yum). Hey, a joke from the prize inside: Why do sharks swim in salt water? Answer in my next installment.

I love Casey's. Where else can you get a hotdog in front of a palace and a castle....

popcorn:: Just subscribing. We'll be staying at Pop on our 1st trip to WDW in Aug. Note to self, hotdogs at Casey's Corner on mainstreet good.

keep em coming !! popcorn:: I love reviews! we will be going for the first time ever in November!! and at the pop century to :)

Hello, me again.

Recap,

We have 24 TS left
20 CS left
24 left

OK, moving along to Thursday. We were planning to go to DHS today, and as we were planning to stay for Fantasmic, we weren't in a particular hurry. From my trolling the boards, I knew that the food court at Pop Century was particularly crowded before 9 AM. No problem, we slept in, and wandered over a little after 9. OMG! (I should note that DH said he read somewhere while we were there to expect the food court to be crowded from 8 AM until 10 AM).

The place was packed. Not so much the lines for food, those were actually fairly efficient. The lines to pay were about 2 to 3 people deep. But the tables all appeared to be taken (I was speaking with a CM later who was cleaning the tables, and he told me the resort 99% full, that could explain the crowd).

The kids and I had gone ahead of DH, so I bought 3 refillable mugs (I was not going to get one for Aurora, as I figured she could use mine after I had my morning coffee, but she insisted, and as it turned out, it was a good idea. More about the frozen Cokes later!).

DS got chocolate chip pancakes. He said he didn't want the bacon, so I got a bowl of fruit from the grab and go area and figured I would eat his bacon. Aurora got the kids Mickey waffles. OK, this is where the DDP table service gets confusing. You get 2 drinks with breakfast, and the assumption is you will get coffee and something else. Since we bought the refillable mugs, we didn't really need two drinks, but we picked up a OJ and milk with DS's pancakes. When DH finally joins us I told him to just pay OOP since we had an extra juice and he would be purchasing yet another mug for his coffee. Well, he panicked, used a CS and ended up with 2 more juices! He went immediately back up and asked to exchange for a water, which they did happily.

The real challenge was finding a seat. We basically lurked for a while and finally pounced on someone who was obviously leaving.

DS loved the pancakes. My fruit was very good and fresh. Aurora loved the waffles (she even likes the unsweetened applesause they serve with the kids meals at the POP). DH had the adult platter and said it was good. Oh, and I've read lots of complaints about the Nescafe coffee. I thought it was just OK, DH says it was really good.

Answer to the riddle posed at the end of my last post. Why do sharks swim in salt water? Because pepper water makes them sneeze!

More later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter