• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You know that new room rate pricing structure we've been hearing about???

foxfire

<font color=00cc00>I wonder what rock I've been hi
Well, I'm thinking part of the groundwork has been laid to implement it.

It has been a few weeks since I checked my Oct./Nov ressies online. I was just checking them and they have each night of my stay listed separately with pricing by each night. Prior to this, I've only had rate per night, number of nights, and the total....and that's the way it was when I first made these ressies back in early June. So, it looks like now, it's set up for price changes per night...week night to week end....and if you check in during one season and stay into another. At least, I think I recall that was the rumor of how new room pricing was going to change.

Just before we left for our July vacation, I noticed the website listed our reservation in the same fashion, e.g., day by day with the rate. Thankfully, our room rate was the same for each day.

I understand the need to change the structure to accommodate the change in seasonal rates, but the proposed change to charge extra for weekends, ridiculous! I might be able to understand the additional charge for weekends IF a guest was merely staying for a weekend, When the guest has a longer stay booked that includes a weekend; why nickel & dime the consumer who is already paying a goodly sum? I get that it's economics and business. but c'mon. . .:confused3

I put in Jan 1st - Jan 5th. Nothing available. Then put in Dec 31st - Jan 5th and come up with a rate of $141.00 each night for Value. There is suppose to be a change between Holiday pricing to Value Season? Then I put in Jan 7th- Jan 11th. Rooms rate at $129.00 for Vaule each night???? That is almost $50 rate hike from the $82 for Value Resort in Value season?

Charleyann

I put in Jan 1st - Jan 5th. Nothing available. Then put in Dec 31st - Jan 5th and come up with a rate of $141.00 each night for Value. There is suppose to be a change between Holiday pricing to Value Season? Then I put in Jan 7th- Jan 11th. Rooms rate at $129.00 for Vaule each night???? That is almost $50 rate hike from the $82 for Value Resort in Value season?

Charleyann

I don't think the system is actually working yet. You can get prices from Dec into January, but they will be listed at the holiday rate. That will probably change once the new rates are released. I think they are closer to releasing the rates, but I would wait until they are all done and offically release them. They are more than likely in the middle of tweeking their system, and that is why so many people are finding that no rooms are available. It would be quite an increase if they price structure goes up that much. I just don't think Disney would increase the prices that much.

is anyone else just sick and tired of this kind of nickle and dime stuff from disney? this along with the new dining plan has made me just say THATS it!would anyone just say hey we are not going there again or at least for a very long time? (we are) I think i will give it 3 or 4 years befor i spend money with them again.

I hope those rates are wrong as I was quoted $800 for 4 nights in Value in January!

Charleyann

I will go offsite first.

I hope those rates are wrong as I was quoted $800 for 4 nights in Value in January!

Charleyann

I will go offsite first.

If that's the case, I can only imagine what my rate will be for June at Polynesian! :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter