You know it's time to start a PTR when......Update 1/12 Leaving in 10 hours!!!!!!!!!!

All caught up now! Six days! :dance3:

Wowsers on the wrench!!! :scared1: You handled it like a pro though. Your plans are looking great!! Now, no more freak-out stuff is allowed to happen for you on this trip! :laughing:

I completely missed the terrorist threat on Christmas Day. My FIL caught it on the news at AKV, but Henry was busy with something so I only half heard what he was talking about...I forgot about it until you mentioned it here! I gotta Google it....anyway, as far as ME buses-ours was still the same on the 1st, 3 hours in advance of your flight.

Glad that bit helped you! :goodvibes I love not having cash in the parks, one less thing to worry about loosing. You have enough of that when you have a 2 year old! ;)

I am VERY SORRY to read about your dog. That is heartbreaking...:hug::hug::hug:

:welcome: home Brook!!!! Glad to see you back around here. It was so fun following your trip on Facebook. Really lookin' forward to your TR on here, may have to use the blackberry to check Dis from Disney. Wouldn't want to have withdrawls. :rolleyes:

Thanks for letting me know that the ME departure times are still 3 hrs. I just read somewhere on the Dis that Southwest's check in lines were an hour wait! HOLY FREE BAGGAGE Batman! That's nuts. Can we say curbside check in?

CRAZY!

Tell me about having enough to worry about with a 2 yr old.... GOODness he's acting 2 already and he's not officially there yet. His new word.... MINE! I knew it was coming... but now that he's got it, he's intent on mastering it by using it ALL THE TIME! :lmao: Should make for a fun and memorable trip to Disney.

Thank you, truly, for your condolences about our little Bella. It was rough... and I hated that I put a damper on everyone's Christmas. My brother and sister in law were understandably upset because it was there dog that hurt her... my sister who isn't a dog lover at all was upset, my mom, Dash. It was hard. Thank goodness I had this trip to continuing planning. And thanks to my lovely in-law's I had more plans yet to make apparently. :rotfl:

Catch you on your TR when you get it rolling! :rolleyes1 No pressure! :rolleyes1 Really !! popcorn::

Soonergirl- how cold is it up there???? Are you gonna watch the game tomorrow night?? You're not pulling for Bama are you?! :rotfl2:

It's stinkin cold!! 11 degrees this morning with a 20-30 mph north wind - burrrrr.

I will be watching the game tonight, I love college football! About who I'll be rooting for.........

Roll Tide!!!! :rolleyes1

Just kidding, I really won't know until I start watching the game and see which way my cheers lead me. :lmao: The real funny part is that years ago I wouldn't have thought twice about it - Texas should lose every game they play, period. But the longer we are in the same conference the less I dislike them. It also doesn't help that Colt McCoy is such a likable kid - it was much easier to hate Texas when Chris Sims was your quarterback! :laughing:

Either way - good luck tonight!!

An hour in security lines! Ick! We did Southwest to NOLA (which you may recall my comments about on FB...:rolleyes1) and the lines weren't too bad at all. Maybe 15 minutes or so.

I also heard Minneapolis airport had a BOMB THREAT on January 5, just a few hours before we landed. We landed at the smaller airport, so it didn't affect us, but the ENTIRE airport was shut down!!

Ah, "mine". Such a fun word. :headache:

:laughing: about the TR. I'm working on uploading pics today! :yay:

Wow, crazy changes in your plans! Sounds like you did a great job of re-working it, though. And I think Boma will be a good birthday meal for a group...everyone can get whatever food they want. And as many yummy birthday desserts as they want :thumbsup2

I am also encouraged that you were able to change ADRs so close in. Hopefully, the crowds will be reasonable for our trips!

So, Jack-Jack likes the word "mine" now, huh? You should get some video or pictures of him in front of the "mine, mine, mine" birds at The Seas w/Nemo...that would be cute. Although it might encourage him...

Hope there are no more last-minute wrenches for you! It's getting close now! :woohoo:

I also heard Minneapolis airport had a BOMB THREAT on January 5, just a few hours before we landed. We landed at the smaller airport, so it didn't affect us, but the ENTIRE airport was shut down!!
From what I heard, it was not a bomb threat, it was that an explosives-sniffing dog found a piece of suspicious luggage. Turned out to be nothing of concern, but they did shut down the airport for awhile as a precaution. Glad you made it back without having to deal with that!

I think I got it all worked out. What a wrench! It could be worse.... I think. :rotfl: No really, it could have been worse.... maybe not from a logistics standpoint, but BIL's meeting could have been in North Carolina on the same day and they wouldn't have been able to join us at all. So, despite my internal freakout at all the re-working I had to do, SIX DAYS before our trip, I'd much rather do this than not get to see them. :goodvibes

Can I just say :yay: for last minute ADR availabilty!!!!!!!! FYI I actually was able to get a new Le Cellier reservation in one of my attempts to make this all work. I let it go, but was SHOCKED that I could get one so close to our trip. It was for lunch.... but there was one! :eek:

And FYI-- SIL was able to add an extra night at Coronado Springs and was told she would be able to keep the same room. I'm sooooooooo hopeful that this means the crowds won't be too bad!! :woohoo:

I'll try to post our new plans in their entirety once I know what they are, again. :lmao:

All this is a positive! Even if you did think it would be a loss... SO I am glad to hear it all worked out!! Good for you! Sometimes last minute works in your favor!!!

OK gelly, I'm doing it - I'm sitting here rooting for your Longhorns. Yes, Hell has officially froze over :lmao:

Stinks that McCoy got hurt, the team seems to be a bit lost without him on the field. Losing a superstar quarterback isn't easy - as a Sooner fan I know something about that this season!

It's stinkin cold!! 11 degrees this morning with a 20-30 mph north wind - burrrrr.

I will be watching the game tonight, I love college football! About who I'll be rooting for.........

Roll Tide!!!! :rolleyes1

Just kidding, I really won't know until I start watching the game and see which way my cheers lead me. :lmao: The real funny part is that years ago I wouldn't have thought twice about it - Texas should lose every game they play, period. But the longer we are in the same conference the less I dislike them. It also doesn't help that Colt McCoy is such a likable kid - it was much easier to hate Texas when Chris Sims was your quarterback! :laughing:

Either way - good luck tonight!!

OK gelly, I'm doing it - I'm sitting here rooting for your Longhorns. Yes, Hell has officially froze over :lmao:

Stinks that McCoy got hurt, the team seems to be a bit lost without him on the field. Losing a superstar quarterback isn't easy - as a Sooner fan I know something about that this season!

Thank you for rooting for my Horns. :goodvibes Such a heartbreaking game. I remember thinking when Bradford got hurt how much that must stink for him and the Sooner fans, coming back after a Heisman to try for a championship and then get injured. :sad2:

I was prepared for us to lose against Alabama but not like that. Poor Colt. They said, in the locker room, he was trying to throw a 7 yrd pass to his Dad and couldn't, and he kept trying, over and over, making his Dad give him the ball again and again to try to complete that pass. Heartbreaking really. He wasn't in any pain, just couldn't feel his arm. Limp noodle. You could tell he was devastated in his post-interview but he just kept giving God the Glory and congratulating Alabama on their win. Really classy kid. He'll be missed by this Texas fan at least.

I felt bad for Gilbert too, I mean seriously.... true freshman all the sudden thrown into the biggest game possible and he's not warmed up, wasn't mentally prepared and is under this HUGE spotlight. Not to mention, he had huge shoes to fill. Not that Colt was the whole team but he was our passing AND running game.

Oh, and fyi I didn't root for the horns when Sims was there and that's when I was a student. :rotfl2: Couldn't stand him. I really got into college football and the Longhorns the most when Vince took over.

Ok... I'll shut up about my Longhorn obsession. :rotfl:

Holy carp that's cold! We got down in the 10s for the first time in I don't know how long. My house is not made for winter weather people! Glass with no curtains or insulation = COLD!

An hour in security lines! Ick! We did Southwest to NOLA (which you may recall my comments about on FB...:rolleyes1) and the lines weren't too bad at all. Maybe 15 minutes or so.

Ah, "mine". Such a fun word. :headache:

:laughing: about the TR. I'm working on uploading pics today! :yay:

I don't think the security lines were an hour long, it was the baggage check! How nuts is that?! So if we can check our luggage curbside, we will! Especially at ME drop off since you get dropped off a level below. We did it last year because of how much stuff we had, and I know one of our suitcases was over 50 lbs and the curbside guy just flagged it as Heavy and said next time bring an extra suitcase. Didn't charge us for the over the weight limit fee. Basically paid for his tip.

I read about your MCO to Nola flight issues. Whoops! Hope it wasn't too bad. Can't wait to READ ABOUT IT IN YOUR TR! :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Mine.... oh mine. Lovely that. I'm just so happy he's talking he could probably be saying wordy derds and I'd be happy. He's taking his sweet time, always saying just enough to be ahead of a language delay, technically. The ped isn't concerned, he's doing everything else he's supposed to be. He just doesn't use a whole lot of real words yet. So anything he says is a :thumbsup2 in my book.

I may regret just saying that. :rotfl:

Seriously though... totally understand the TR thing. Take your time! Lord knows I have no room to talk, Miss-Didn't-Finish-Her-First-TR-for-Nearly-a- Year! :rolleyes1

Wow, crazy changes in your plans! Sounds like you did a great job of re-working it, though. And I think Boma will be a good birthday meal for a group...everyone can get whatever food they want. And as many yummy birthday desserts as they want :thumbsup2

I am also encouraged that you were able to change ADRs so close in. Hopefully, the crowds will be reasonable for our trips!

So, Jack-Jack likes the word "mine" now, huh? You should get some video or pictures of him in front of the "mine, mine, mine" birds at The Seas w/Nemo...that would be cute. Although it might encourage him...

Hope there are no more last-minute wrenches for you! It's getting close now! :woohoo:

Thanks! :goodvibes It was a mad dash of ADR switching and trying to figure out the easiest way to tweak our plans, but I'm glad I got it done.

Great idea about that picture!!!! :rotfl2: I'll so have to do that!

I'm super encouraged by the changing of the ADRs. I just switching another one last night.... I know I know... I need to leave it alone. But with MIL leaving on Monday instead of Tuesday, our breakfast ressie at Boma was way too early... there's no way we could get down to the restaurant by 8:30am on a non-park morning while she's trying to get packed up. So I switched it to 10:00am and they had availablity. WOOT! :banana:

From what I heard, it was not a bomb threat, it was that an explosives-sniffing dog found a piece of suspicious luggage. Turned out to be nothing of concern, but they did shut down the airport for awhile as a precaution. Glad you made it back without having to deal with that!

Good to know... though the Christmas Day scare does make me a little nervous with an upcoming flight!! :eek:

All this is a positive! Even if you did think it would be a loss... SO I am glad to hear it all worked out!! Good for you! Sometimes last minute works in your favor!!!

I try to look at it as all positive too!! Not always easy but I can see some positives in all the chaos for sure.

I'm glad it all worked out too!!! Even if I was ready to kill them in the middle of it all. :rolleyes1 :laughing:

3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you kiddin' me?!!

3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dance3: :yay: :woohoo: :banana: :cool1: :cheer2:

This is the hard part for me. The hurry up and wait part. The we're so close we can taste it so why am I not on the freakin' plane yet, part?

:lmao:

Although, there is a small part of me that's sad to see the trip actually get here. Sounds crazy I guess. But I love having a trip to plan and to look forward to. When it gets here, I'm super excited and so ready but there is a small part of me that's sad to see the trip start, cus that means the planning part is over and that means the trip will soon be over too.

Am I crazy?

Don't answer that.

I've got the suitcase up on the dining room table now, which is an upgrade from on the floor. :lmao: It's acutally open now and I'm piling things in it. Now obviously we're gonna need more than one suitcase, this is just the one I pulled out to hold all the goodies I didn't want to lose between the time they arrived and the time we started packing.

I guess it's official then.... we have started packing!

Mr. I is leaving Sunday afternoon for Houston. He should be back by 10pm Monday night I'm hoping. We have to do laundry-- most of the stuff he's taking to Houston he'll need for Disney-- and pack him once he gets home Monday night. My goal is to have the rest of us packed, minus whatever items we need the next morning, so that we can focus on getting Mr. I packed Monday evening. We won't have time for a mad dash the next morning. We'll need to be up and ready in time to take our doxle to the vet/broaders by 7am. My sister is driving here to pick us up. Thankfully we worked out a way to switch the cars around the night before so it works out for her to come here instead of us picking her up. We live much closer to the airport than she does, and it would mean the difference in easy peasy toll roads vs. roads with morning rush hour traffic. :scared1: No thank you!

Gonna get new index cards done today for each days hours, reservations #'s etc. I think we've decided to use the DDP for Jiko afterall, which means another reservation will have to bite the dust and one will have to be paid for OOP -- most likely Boma breakfast. I feel like we're probably going to cancel a ressie last minute. We did last year. We were too tired, or wanted to do somewhere else or timing wasn't gonna work out. So I'm probably not going to cancel any ressie now. Just wait and see what naturally gets weeded out. And Yes I will cancel the ressie once I know we aren't going to make it.

We're really trying to spend the least amount of money OOP as possible. Trying to stay on budget--which is the whole reason we did DDP, to know exactly how much we'd be spending on food. We'll have a souvie budget and take cash for tips. We decided not to put a credit card on the room for charges. Too many risks considering it would be our debit card on the room and not an actual credit card.

Trying to get the house clean before we go. I hate coming home from a nice hotel with housekeeping to a mess at home. Just makes the reality of vacation being over, that much worse. Plus we'll probably host a small birthday party for the boys, family only, the Wednesday after we return. It'll be nice for the house to be clean for the party so I won't have to do anything but unpack and :laundy:

I may post some pics of the pile o stuff here in a bit and a few more as the packing process continues.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

I think I have lost my ever lovin' mind.

Guess who just upgraded from regular DDP to Deluxe DDP 3 days before her vacation starts?

C'mon people... this isn't hard to figure out....

:rolleyes1

Yes, that's right. Me.

Mr. Incredible and I were talking and we really wanted to not have to spend a lot of OOP money during our trip. And you're wondering.... what's the difference in OOP money on our trip vs. an extra $500 added before our trip?

We talked about it I guess last Thursday and Mr. I popped off about upgrading and I blew him off but the more I looked at how many ressies we were gonna have to cancel and the more I looked at the number of ressies we were gonna have to pay OOP, or at least the items at each restaurant we were gonna be paying OOP for, or the more I watched my near 2 year old out eat his 6 year old brother!!! :eek: And he's not even on the plan at all, well it added up fast.

So we'd rather have an additional 45 days to pay for the Deluxe dining then pay a bunch of money OOP while we're there. Last time we went we had X number of dollars budgeted for food and we spent X times 2! I'd rather KNOW how much we're gonna spend then pay for DDP and then pay 2x's what we think we're gonna spend OOP.

Plus Mom'll get more credit toward a free airline ticket for her upcoming trip in May.

More fuzzy Disney math! Don't ya just love it!!!

So now............... THREE days before arrival I get to make more ADRs and figure out what I'm gonna do with all those credits. I realize we''ll probably have credits left over. But I bet we use most of them.

Will post what dining changes come from the GREAT LAST MINUTE DELUXE UPGRADE HEARD ROUND THE DIS!

:rotfl:

Congrats!! I can't wait to hear how you like the DxDDP, I really want to try it sometime. You might take this opportunity to try a few 2 credit places to help use them all up. :thumbsup2

Looking forward to hearing what new ADRs you get!!

Congrats!! I can't wait to hear how you like the DxDDP, I really want to try it sometime. You might take this opportunity to try a few 2 credit places to help use them all up. :thumbsup2

Looking forward to hearing what new ADRs you get!!

Thanks!!

We really aren't adding that many more ADRs. We really don't want to be restricted to times 3 meals a day and hopping all around the world. We really added it for more total credits and to have more food each meal to help feed Jack-Jack. Disney really needs a plan between regular and Deluxe, cus that's what we needed!! 2 QS and 1TS credit a day would have been perfect. :thumbsup2

I feel bad not utilizing every single credit as a TS, the better value. BUT! I don't want to spend the whole vacation in a sit down restaurant.

We are taking advantage of the extra credits to use them at Jiko, and are adding a few more Boma breakfast buffets, since Jack-Jack can eat off the buffet and really the buffet is gonna have the same exact food at a Mara kid's meal would.

The mugs'll be nice, too!

Mr. I and I both like the menu at CG, Citrico's and Flying Fish but are hesitant to bring the boys to a signature meal. And I'm not about to ask my MIL to come down longer just so we can go out on another date. :lmao:

I am so not motivated to pack. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME???

I guess maybe I like the last minute running around like a chicken with my head cut off packing approach cus I can't seem to get it done early!

I'm not motivated to pack at all either so don't feel bad.

I can't believe you upgraded to Deluxe dining with three days to go! You rebel you! :rotfl2:

:rotfl: major plan changes just before your trip! That reminds me of someone....ME! :laughing: (it's kinda fun, isn't it?)

I like the idea of the breakfast buffet additions. :thumbsup2 Boma breakfast is so stinkin' good - and the variety is just awesome. Henry has eaten like a HORSE both times we've gone it.

I'm not motivated to pack at all either so don't feel bad.

I can't believe you upgraded to Deluxe dining with three days to go! You rebel you! :rotfl2:

Packing is about half way done. At least that's better than nothing.

I can't believe I did it either. I'm gonna kick myself if the receipts end up totalling 100s of dollars less than DxDDP cost! Here's hoping it works out!!

:rotfl: major plan changes just before your trip! That reminds me of someone....ME! :laughing: (it's kinda fun, isn't it?)

I like the idea of the breakfast buffet additions. :thumbsup2 Boma breakfast is so stinkin' good - and the variety is just awesome. Henry has eaten like a HORSE both times we've gone it.

:goodvibes Last minute change QUEENS, we are! Boma breakfast is scheduled for two days and Mr. Incredible says we may try to wing it a few mornings. I mean really, a credit gets me Boma breakfast or Mara breakfast... either one. Kinda hard to pass on Boma.

That being said I don't want to eat there so much it loses it's special-ness, ya know?

Should be interesting to see how it all ends up, credit wise!

We are taking advantage of the extra credits to use them at Jiko, and are adding a few more Boma breakfast buffets, since Jack-Jack can eat off the buffet and really the buffet is gonna have the same exact food at a Mara kid's meal would.

Mr. I and I both like the menu at CG, Citrico's and Flying Fish but are hesitant to bring the boys to a signature meal. And I'm not about to ask my MIL to come down longer just so we can go out on another date. :lmao:

Since you have sooooo much time before you leave ;) you might check out the dinner/shows - the Luau @ the Poly or Hoop Dee Doo @ Ft. Wilderness. I think they are 2 credits and those you could take the boys to :thumbsup2

Wow, it's almost time for you to go! :yay:

Looks like the weather will be getting progressively warmer throughout your stay, from what I'm seeing. Yea for 70's!

Wow, the Deluxe DP...so much food, I hear. You know, if you can't eat it all, feel free to have entire meals put in doggy bags your last few days and drop them strategically throughout the parks for us to find ;):rotfl:

For what it's worth, if you find yourself trying to use up TS credits on 2-credit meals, we ate at CG last trip and LOVED it. I don't know what it would be like taking kids there, but the food and service were awesome. And the view of the fireworks was neat too.

Good luck with all the last-minute stuff and enjoy your trip!

I second California Grill! Very good. We saw lots of kids in the restaurant when we were there, so don't worry about that. :thumbsup2

I also like the Hoop De Doo idea (or other shows), they have always looked like a lot of fun!

In case I don't get back here before you leave....HAVE A MAGICAL TRIP!!! :yay::yay:

Wow, it's almost time for you to go! :yay:

Looks like the weather will be getting progressively warmer throughout your stay, from what I'm seeing. Yea for 70's!

Wow, the Deluxe DP...so much food, I hear. You know, if you can't eat it all, feel free to have entire meals put in doggy bags your last few days and drop them strategically throughout the parks for us to find ;):rotfl:

For what it's worth, if you find yourself trying to use up TS credits on 2-credit meals, we ate at CG last trip and LOVED it. I don't know what it would be like taking kids there, but the food and service were awesome. And the view of the fireworks was neat too.

Good luck with all the last-minute stuff and enjoy your trip!

Thanks!!!

I'll be sure to ask about insulated doggy bags so I can leave you guys some treats around the world! :lmao: Really though, Jack-Jack is our Mikey. He'll eat anything. I swear at 2 he out eats his brother. We have to watch him! So I'm sure we'll find a place for most of the food. And I wouldn't mind having some snack credits left to stock up on stuff the last day! :thumbsup2

Cali Grill sounds awesome. So tempting. We are going to leave some of our spots open to wing it! :scared1: I know, I know. But we feel that we have enough ADRs to ensure that we get to eat where we want that we can just try luck of the draw a few times too. If we can walk into let's say Coral Reef, great! If not, we'll toodle over to Sunshine Seasons. Should be fun!

You guys have a great trip too!!!! If you see us somewhere -- since our pics are posted -- be sure to holler! :goodvibes

I second California Grill! Very good. We saw lots of kids in the restaurant when we were there, so don't worry about that. :thumbsup2

I also like the Hoop De Doo idea (or other shows), they have always looked like a lot of fun!

In case I don't get back here before you leave....HAVE A MAGICAL TRIP!!! :yay::yay:

Thank you Brook!!! I'll be updating on Facebook some but not a whole lot! And I may just be checking the Dis from my phone some nights. Especially if everyone else is asleep and I can't sleep cus I'm too excited!! :hyper:

Thanks for the second on CG too!! A lot of it's gonna depend on how our credits are looking toward the end of the trip.

Soonergirl and Brook - I asked Mr. I about the dinner shows and he said no. :sad2: He's not really a dinner show kinda guy. I may be able to talk him into them for a future trip but not this one. Oh well! I'll still be in Disney!! :cheer2:

Alright all you fabulous Disers....

we are PACKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mostly.

:rotfl:

There's one load of things in the dryer and one small load in the washer and we'll be done. 4 suitcases total - 1 for the boys, 1 for me, 1 for Mr. I and 1 for my pillows and noise machine (and to catch any goodies that might try to stow their way back to our house). :thumbsup2

We have two carry-on's - both backpacks. Dash'll be carrying one. It has Color Wonder coloring books, snacks, his journal, his homework, wet wipes, crayons, an empty sippy cup, and some cars and army men for the plane!

Mr. I will be carrying another backpack. This one contains a throw for the stroller, an extra hoodie for me, fleece for Mr. I, change of clothes for Jack-Jack, gloves and mittens, extra diapers. Basically everything we'll need for the cold temps in MK tomorrow night. Didn't want to get too hot on the plane, or have to carry too many extra layers.

I have my park bag packed. I am leaving my purse at home! :eek: I know, the shock of it all.

I transferred my wallet over to the park bag, as well as my camera, cell phone, cell phone and camera charger, Ipod and earbuds, travel jounral, pens, diapers, wet wipes, sanitizing wipes, ME vouchers, Jack-Jack's birth certificate, my handy dandy index card for the day with our confirmation #s on it, invoice of proof of paid in full balance at AKL, package booklet, and the disposable placemats for Jack-Jack.

Whew! I was impressed with that little bag. I knew I liked it but was a little worried about how much I could truly get in there. That bag freakin' rocks! I was amazed! I'll rearrange some thing into the safe at the hotel, and fit more of Jack-Jack's things in there for the park but it should work great!

I do have the brown Pottery Barn Kids backpack packed flat in one of the suitcases, just in case.

We're all so excited. The boys were playing around tonight, laughing and running. The anticipation of the magic is palpable. Even though I'm quite sure Jack-Jack is clueless about the trip itself, he knows something is up. We've been talking about going bye-bye on an airplane. Whether or not he gets it, I don't know. But he's excited. :laughing:

On an unrelated note, Dash's teacher called me this morning at 10am. I just knew something was wrong. Turns out she was calling to give me the results of his reading level testing. She had gone ahead and tested him before we left, and was going to tell me if it was good news and not tell me if it was bad news. I thought that was really sweet of her. So she broke protocal by calling me during class time to let me know he made an 96% on level 12. I know that probably doesn't mean a whole lot to anyone, but....

Dash has had a hard time with reading. He didn't go to pre-k and everytime I would try to work with him, he resisted. I didn't want to create a negative association with learning, so I didn't push as hard as I probably should have.

He ended kindergarten on a reading level 2 and minimum for the end of K is a level 3. So he's been put into reading intervention, something we're all for. The more time reading, the better! :thumbsup2

When he started the first grade, he tested out a level 3, so he came up a level over the summer. I was told that he had to be at a level 16 by the end of the year or they would seriously consider retention. I freaked.... Mainly because Dash is a sensitive boy and he would know what it meant. And he's already the tallest kid in his class. He would stick out like a sore thumb if he had to repeat 1st grade. He's not behind in any other areas, so I was really hoping we could get his reading where it needed to be.

His teacher knew how hard we'd been working, and how concerned I was about this. There could not have been a better magic moment to start our vacation off right then her calling me to let me know how well he did on his reading. The levels are even numbered now, so he only has to progress 2 more levels to meet end of the year requirements!!!! We're hopeful that he'll actually surpass that minimum.

Let me tell you, this momma is on :cloud9:!

So boy do we have a whole lot to celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all for following me on my pre trip planning adventures. It's been a lot of fun doing this PTR. I may be able to post a bit from WDW if my phone will cooperate!

Otherwise, I will see you guys on the TR side of the Disboards!

I hope everyone has a safe, and blessed week!! I hope we do too ! ! :rolleyes:

We fly out in 10 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banana: :banana: :cool1: :cool1: :yay: :yay: :woohoo: :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter