• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You know, I think I'm really going to like the QSDP!

Gina

Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
DS and I are headed back to the World in December for just a quickie trip of 3 nights to celebrate my graduation. We're not going to have time for TS dining, so I decided on the QSDP this time. I have to say, trip planning this time has been soooo much easier!! No biting my nails off waiting for park hours so I could make ADR's, no stressing out trying to get the ADR's I wanted... just peace and fun planning our park days. :goodvibes

And since we get two snacks a day as opposed to the one per day we're used to, DS and I are having a great time going through the confirmed snack list and picking out things we'd like! :)

I did it in June and I loved it! I went with one of my roomates who is a light eater. She couldnt handle on the food and didnt really want snacks. I however can handle the food and enjoyed the ease of not having to get out my wallet, and pick what I wanted.

My only problem with the QSDP is that it was a lot of food...which well, isn't too big of a problem. Most of my snacks went to take-home treats. That's a-ok with me!!

I think I'm going to love it too! Don't get me wrong, I love the TS restaurants, but this upcoming trip is my first as an adult (19 now, 20 on the trip) without my parents. I just didn't want to have to deal with TS reservations and having to pay a tip (more money for souvenirs! :goodvibes). Neither does the friend I'm going with. I am totally happy with my choice! I think it's the best option for me. :)

I know, I'm looking forward to the QSDP too. I currently have two reservations planned, one before our cruise, one after. I have the QSDP for the one before and the DDP for the one after. The planning for our stay before the cruise was so easy. I know what parks I'm going to on what days and then we'll decide on where to eat when we are hungry and I have a list of places I'd like to try. As far as the stay after the cruise, I feel like I'm loosing my mind trying to decide on where we want to eat, planning for backups in case I can't get my first choices, and trying to please everyone. I've got 6 days to get my plan in order and I feel like I'm not ready at all.

I love the DDP too, and we're going to miss Chef Mickey's and Le Cellier, but planning is just sooooo much less stressful this time! I guess I didn't realize how much time/effort/stress it took before, trying to coordinate all the December activities and ADR's and whatnot. The eat-when-we-get-hungry idea is novel and welcome. :)

I'm just happy that Disney offers a dining plan like this now! It's perfect for us for this specific trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter