You just graduated from college!! What's next? 5/13 - 5/21 THAT'S A WRAP!

Always late as usual for me any more! But I'm here and enjoying your TR.

Congrats to your daughter upon her graduation. How exciting.

And you have had a first busy day. I wish I had seen that culinary tour while we were there in May. I would have loved that. However we did do the Wine Tasting at Jiko and it was fun. But when we dined at Jiko we didn't much care for it. We loved Sanaa though.

Can't wait to read more of your report.

Well now I do! Probably didn't need to know that, but maybe I can convince my fiance on a future trip ;)

Good luck! Hope it works out for you! :thumbsup2

The Coconut Cooler looks delicious; anything with coconut is on my list. Too bad none of the entrees were a hit.

The Kande Coconut Cooler from 4 years ago was delicious, but the 2015 version...not so much! :sad2: I think they may have forgotten the ice cream. ;)

It is too bad that none of the entrees were a huge hit. That sampler platter looks delicious.

The sampler platter was definitely the best of the bunch! :thumbsup2

That's too bad it was a flop. We love their curries and naan and never venture from those, that steak sounds terrible :(

The menu actually seemed pretty different from the Sanaa menu that I was familiar with. I was a little disappointed that the short ribs and shrimp with the green curry sauce were no longer available. And the potato and pea samosas are apparently only on the lunch menu. If I return, I think I would go for lunch, as that menu seems more appealing to me.

Always late as usual for me any more! But I'm here and enjoying your TR.

Congrats to your daughter upon her graduation. How exciting.

And you have had a first busy day. I wish I had seen that culinary tour while we were there in May. I would have loved that. However we did do the Wine Tasting at Jiko and it was fun. But when we dined at Jiko we didn't much care for it. We loved Sanaa though.

Can't wait to read more of your report.

Everyone seems to love Sanaa so I was really surprised by our lackluster dinner there. I thought we were starting our trip with a slam dunk dinner choice but it turned out to be more like an air ball. :laughing:

You are cordially invited for cordials...and desserts too! ;)

From 8:00 - 10:00 p.m. each evening, concierge guests of Animal Kingdom Lodge can have their sweet tooth satisfied at the Kilimanjaro Lounge. On the night of May 13th we visited the lounge following our dinner at Sanaa to see what they had to offer.

Let's begin with the seemingly always present cookies ;), both chocolate chip and sugar...

These were out during Refreshment time from 11:30 - 3:00 and I believe still there during the Afternoon Tea from 3:00 - 4:30. While they were missing from the Wine and Cheese time, it seems their absence was only temporary. Hmmm...I wonder if they will be making an appearance at breakfast? Stay tuned to find out. :laughing:

A few other treats previously seen during the Afternoon Tea made a reappearance...

Then there were two new desserts, the first was a Coconut Cream one...

And the other was a Fruit Tart...

Four cordials were also offered, Courvoisier cognac, Kahlua, Grand Marnier, and Amarula...

We each made our dessert choices and Emily and I also got a Kahlua and cream...

My choices (shown above) were all good. I enjoyed them back in our room while watching the season finale of American Idol, as I was quite anxious to find out who would be this year's winner, Clark Beckham or Nick Fradiani (both of which, I loved)...

Those of you who are American Idol fans know that Nick won. So what do you think, did the best man win? In my opinion no, however the best man for the job of being the American Idol probably won. But I really hope we haven't heard the last of Clark Beckham! :thumbsup2

Next up: Breakfast at the Kilimanjaro Lounge

Sorry your Sanaa meal was a bust, sans the pork. Though that margarita from your last trip looks like it might have at least helped in the drink department ; )

We've never done any of the entrees at Sanna, only the slow cooked dishes (and of course bread) so maybe that is what they excel at vice the regular entrees.

Looks like dessert was a success though. Does AKL have wine with dessert too like WL does?

I am so sad they took the shrimp in green curry sauce off the menu, it was devine!! Now that dessert hour at AKL CL I could totally do, great selections.

Dessert looks fabulous! One day I will stay club level, hopefully soon!

I liked both Nick and Clark, but I was actually more of a Nick fan. Out of all of the contestants I really wanted Jax to win and I was so upset when she was voted off of the show.

I'm sorry to hear your Sanaa dinner wasn't all you hoped it to be!

However those sugar cookies at the Kiliminjaro dessert selection look amazing (or I'm just really craving a cookie this morning!) Not to mention that peanut butter brownie...:love:

Ugh, I'm sorry your Sanaa experience was disappointing. It's always really frustrating when something doesn't live up to your expectations. I hope you had some really good meals to make up for it on the rest of your trip.

I am sorry your Sanaa experience was not a great one. I hope this will be the one not so great meal of the trip. On the other hand the Kiliminjaro Lounge desserts look great, especially the coconut cream and fruit tart. ::yes::

Following along. I loved your last review and I'm looking forward to this one. CL looks awesome. It's too bad Saana was a disappointment.

Q: What's worse than a watered down cocktail?
A: A $10 watered down cocktail!

You got that right! :thumbsup2

Sorry your Sanaa meal was a bust, sans the pork. Though that margarita from your last trip looks like it might have at least helped in the drink department ; )

We've never done any of the entrees at Sanna, only the slow cooked dishes (and of course bread) so maybe that is what they excel at vice the regular entrees.

Looks like dessert was a success though. Does AKL have wine with dessert too like WL does?

I don't recall seeing the wines still out during dessert & cordials time.

I am so sad they took the shrimp in green curry sauce off the menu, it was devine!! Now that dessert hour at AKL CL I could totally do, great selections.

Yes, I agree. I had the shrimp with the green curry and the short rib the first time I went to Sanaa and they were both good. Now these both seem to be missing from the Sanaa menu.

Dessert looks fabulous! One day I will stay club level, hopefully soon!

I liked both Nick and Clark, but I was actually more of a Nick fan. Out of all of the contestants I really wanted Jax to win and I was so upset when she was voted off of the show.

Oh yes, Jax was great. I loved her performance of White Flag! :thumbsup2

I'm sorry to hear your Sanaa dinner wasn't all you hoped it to be!

However those sugar cookies at the Kiliminjaro dessert selection look amazing (or I'm just really craving a cookie this morning!) Not to mention that peanut butter brownie...:love:

The peanut butter brownie was good. I wish I had one right now! ;)

Ugh, I'm sorry your Sanaa experience was disappointing. It's always really frustrating when something doesn't live up to your expectations. I hope you had some really good meals to make up for it on the rest of your trip.

You win some, you lose some. While Sanaa was a loss for the most part, we definitely had some winners too! :thumbsup2

I am sorry your Sanaa experience was not a great one. I hope this will be the one not so great meal of the trip. On the other hand the Kiliminjaro Lounge desserts look great, especially the coconut cream and fruit tart. ::yes::

Sadly we did have a few more not so great meals but overall more good than bad.

Following along. I loved your last review and I'm looking forward to this one. CL looks awesome. It's too bad Saana was a disappointment.

Thanks for following along! :goodvibes

Breakfast: The (Third) Most Important Meal of the Day?? ;)

I woke up very early on the morning of May14th and was ready to visit the Kilimanjaro Lounge shortly after it began serving its continental breakfast offerings at 7:00 a.m. I made an attempt to get one or both of the kids to join me but their response was a resounding, "NO"!!! Neither are really fans of breakfast, especially at 7:00 a.m. Though they enjoy breakfast food, when given the choice between food and sleep they will almost always choose sleep. ;)

So I made the trip up to the 6th floor lounge by myself. Here is what I found there:

First up are the cold cereals. I believe these were Corn Flakes, Raisin Bran, and Fruit Loops...

And the hot cereals, Oatmeal and Quinoa...

Along with a few toppings, raisins and brown sugar...

Then there were three kinds of bagels...

As well as croissants...

And some toppings like butter, peanut butter, cream cheese, and jellies...

There were also blueberry mini-muffins...

And cinnamon rolls...

I was happy with their fresh fruit selection, which included blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries...

I believe these were fresh orange slices (either that or grapefruit?)...

And cantaloupe, strawberries, pineapple, and honey dew melon...

We had all partaken of their fresh fruit the morning before and everything was very good.

On this morning, knowing that we had a 10:45 ADR at Tusker House, I only took a small bowl of oatmeal topped with raisins and brown sugar along with a cup of coffee plus a bowl of fruit (mostly raspberries and strawberries) for the kids. I returned to our room with these, and enjoyed my oatmeal and coffee out on the balcony...

...so that I could take advantage of the savanna view while doing a little more planning of our day at Animal Kingdom. The oatmeal was good and "rib sticking" so it held me over until our next meal. :thumbsup2

Next up: Brunch at Tusker House

Last edited:
Breakfast looks lovely! I really enjoy the CL for breakfast and love the convenience factor.

I am drooling over all the AKL CL offerings!! After reading your reports, I think AKL would be my dream resort for club level experience!

The club level offerings looks so good at AKL, better I think than some others I've seen reviews of.

Gotta butt into the conversation! I've stayed at AKL club level, and any time they're open, if wine isn't out you can ask for some, and they'll bring you a glass! Beer also.

Thanks. Now I don't have to scratch AKL Club Level off my list ; )

Barb, looks like a great start to the day. Can't wait to see what you all think of Tusker.

These Afternoon Refreshments are served until 3:00, but thankfully we were not there quite that long. At 12:40ish, I was told that if we didn't mind switching from the Zebra Trail room (that we had apparently been assigned to) to the Kudu Trail, then there was a room ready for us. Heck yeah, at this point I would take the Chunky Gal Trail, the Boogerman Trail, or even the Old Butt Knob Trail...all actual trail names, by the way.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: OMG I know that feeling after a long drive. You have your room preferences leading up to the trip, but then after that drive you don't care where they put you as long as there is a bed and a shower. Very annoying that you then had MagicBand issues when you got to your room. I think I would have had an emotional breakdown in the hallway.

I had no idea about the free tour of the restaurants. Very cool! Thanks for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter