YOU CAN USE TIW AND DDP without ISSUE!!!

momjkm

DIS Veteran
I am reporting a positive experience. I got the basic DDP for myself & ds(12) for our 9 nights 6/24-7/3. He is a chicken tenders only guy, drinks water, and doesn't like dessert beyond vanilla ice cream, popcorn or a popscile. So often at a TS resturant I would pay OOP for his chicken nuggets, adult portion, using my TIW card and then the DDP for my meal. I did this at least once a day, no one ever got confused or had a problem with it. And we really had 10 full days so the extras TS I saved helped, plus with the heat it was nice to sit down and be served at least once a day.
I originally got a TIW card when we stayed at the POP in Janaury without the DDP and could use it for CS at POP. And having the DDP during this past trip, with those ridiculous surcharges for buffets, made sense. I used DDP for both of us at buffets.

I was all set for a hassle, made sure I understood how it should work, but there was no issue. No issue with anything really- it was a terrific time!
Jill

We've done this exact same thing several times and have never had any issures either. It works great!

I can't recall anyone ever having any sort of issue using TIW to get a discount on off-plan items.

So between you and ds12 staying there 9 nights you had 18 TS credits. Using only 1 per sit down meal were you able to use all of your TS credits? This would be 18 sit down meals unless you went to signature 2TS meals.

She didn't have that many extra TS credits. She only used the TIW card on meals that her son ate very little, and used the DDP on buffets. She would have had some extra TS credits but not 9.

Did you have any trouble booking extra TS meals? Did you do any walk ups?

She didn't have that many extra TS credits. She only used the TIW card on meals that her son ate very little, and used the DDP on buffets. She would have had some extra TS credits but not 9.

Did you have any trouble booking extra TS meals? Did you do any walk ups?

Kinda figured when she said she did this at least once a day and staying there 9 nights that she would have 9 TS to use up minus any buffets where they did use 2 TS (1 EACH). This to me would seem like a lot of extra TS unless they did mostly buffets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter