• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

YIKES!!!! I gained 7 pounds in 12 days! COMPLETE...and going back!!!!

Great reviews and pictures. Thanks for sharing. :goodvibes

Thank you and you are so welcome! I really appreciate your reading it. I love reading others' reports, I find them so helpful in my own planning. I feel like this is the least I could do to give back.

I don't know how I missed this report!

And it looks like you're done :( Thanks for sharing everything!

I don't know how I missed this report!

And it looks like you're done :( Thanks for sharing everything!

Thanks for finding it now! I'm not quite done. We have one more full day after this that includes Sunrise Safari and Boma. I guess I should add those to my first page index so it's clear that there's still more. I am still trying to dig out my pics of those. I know DH took photos of everything, but his computer died before he uploaded them to photobucket! I think they're on a disc that I am trying to find.

You probably missed this because it took me so dang LONG to complete it! :sad2: I promise I will be more timely with my next report!

I really don't have any photos of the meals on my last days of the trip, so I will give very brief reviews to finish my DR (remember, I'm allowed a new ticker once I finish, so I'm very eager)! After my brief review, please

Sunday was the last full day of our trip, and we were very excited to be going on the Sunrise Safari. After a wonderful trip through the safari ride and spending lots of intimate time with the animals (esp. the elephants), we were brought to a private room in the rear part of Pizzafari for a lovely buffet breakfast.

Here's the only close-up I took of the food, I believe it is Aladdin's 1st plate:
080801sunrise.jpg

There were many breads, danishes and other baked goods choices in addition to the croissant pictured here. That looks like some kind of fried fritter or doughnut and I remember tasting some very delicious fried goodness. There is some yogurt with granola (in an attempt to pretend to be healthy), a (not-so) cheesy frittata, a sausage patty and another type of sausage with peppers. On the buffet there were also bacon and a few types of potatoes, plenty of fresh fruit, plain scrambled eggs and french toast. I can't recall if there were waffles or pancakes. There were 3 different kinds of juice, but I don't drink juice, so I can't tell you what they were.

And here's the buffet:
080851sunrise.jpg

The room was very cute, with animal/jungle murals all around. We really enjoyed this experience, especially the safari. The buffet breakfast was nice, but that wasn't our focus, and as you can tell from reading my report, you know that a big breakfast while in WDW isn't really our thing. The hot foods were just OK, with the best being the deep-fried things, but the baked goods and fruits were great. This got us a very unique experience that I would recommend, and we found ourselves deep in the park before the gates opened, which was magical in itself.

At the table next to us were a mother and daughter with special dietary needs, I believe they were dining gluten-free. I can tell you that the kitchen and staff were very accommodating, and the mother was telling us that Disney has been wonderful to them over many trips across the span of many years.

Up next, the last dinner of our trip...Boma!

Dinner on our last night was at Boma. We had had dinner here many trips ago, I can't remember if it was 2001 or 2004. The first time, we were not very impressed (we weren't feeling well, though, to be fair). Since we were staying at the AKL, we decided it was the perfect opportunity to give it another try. WOW, are we happy we did!

080874boma.jpg

The buffet at Boma is so extensive and absolutely delicious! I apologize that I did not take any pictures, but I saw Aladdin get up with the camera and I thought he was taking photos. It turns out, he took a video, only now we can't find it. I have to say that the soups and stews were the definite stars of the meal! Oh, my goodness, there was a seafood curry stew that was out-of-this-world! There was also something with sweet corn and chicken that was lovely. Between the four of us, we tasted everything and found nothing we didn't like. We also loved the desserts, though honestly, we still can't get into zebra domes; we thought the best of these was the mango custard tart. We would go back to Boma in a heartbeat!

Of course, I enjoyed one last cocktail, an agave nectar margarita. This still didn't come close to the avocado margarita, but I liked it better than the blood orange margarita and the african star mojito.

If you are on the fence about whether or not to try Boma, give it a shot! We thought there was a fair balance of rather ordinary stuff like roasted chicken and mashed potatoes and more exotic stuff like spice-rubbed beef and pap. We could have filled up on soups alone, but wouldn't let ourselves because the other stuff was so great.

Last lunch on Monday...Pecos Bill's.

For our last meal in Disney, it has become somewhat of a family tradition to grab some lunch at Pecos Bill's. This trip was not different. Belle and I had cheeseburgers and Aladdin and Hercules had bacon cheeseburgers. Maybe we were in bad moods because we had to leave :sad1: but we were not particularly happy with our burgers on this day. We all agreed that our burgers at Cosmic Rays were better (remember, that was on one of our first days ;)). The burgers seemed pretty dry and the buns very crumbly. We are well aware that the burgers and buns at the two restaurants are exactly the same, but on this particular day the burgers at PB's were maybe a little overdone and the buns were perhaps a little stale. Even the french fries weren't quite right (maybe sitting a little while). We loaded up on plenty of the cheese sauce and lots of sauteed onions and mushrooms and all was fine. We would go back of course, and think we just hit it on an off day. Maybe next time I will try the taco salad.

My dining report is finished! Thank you for reading and for having patience with the long breaks between updates. Please let me know if you have any questions, I will be happy to answer if I can.

I've got the phone in my hand...(407) W-DISNEY, baby! Bring on the new ticker!!!!!!!!!:yay::cheer2:

I HAVE A NEW TICKER!!!

I was able to book the free dining promotion at CSR the week leading into Labor Day as a surprise last-minute trip for this summer (thanks to the wonderful and generous Aladdin *swoon*)!!! We are super-excited! I was able to get almost all the ADRs we wanted, too. Please look for my next dining report, I will have my plans up soon!

Working with my camera so hopefully my pics will be less blurry in my next report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter