• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yet another Dining Plan ??

thr33boys

DIS Veteran
Are either the QS or DP worth it for 2 adults, 3 kids - ages 8,5,3? My kids do like to snack between meals.

This will be our first family trip.

Thanks!

You would be hard pressed to feed your kids one meal each much less two meals and a snack on what the plan costs for kids. We went with a group of 17 all on the plan (most were adults) and everyone loved the convenience of not worrying about choosing the cheapest thing to eat everywhere. Also the cost of most character meals would be prohibitive without the plan if you are very budget conscious.

While this seems like a simple question, be warned that it is not! To truly give an answer on the matter of worth delves into how you plan to eat, how much time do you have to spend, and what you're looking at structuring.

Normally, I type a book in response to this question (which we get all the time, and I never mind writing said book :)), but I don't have time right now (meeting in 10 minutes...which means I should probably be working...meh).

The gist of it is, if you're planning on dining the way that the plan (whichever one) is structured, then it can be a savings. If you're not, then chances are you're better off without it. For kids, the meal plans are typically good savings in general, as feeding a child on $12-$15 a day is tricky in Disney (assuming their own meals and snacks). Adults, it's a bit trickier. So long as you aim for the higher half of the menus and restaurants for the majority of your meals (TS or QS), you should come out ok.

Here is a reply to a similar question (though, it was only about the DDP) that may get you started. I'm sure that you can infer similar key points for the QSDP from that list plus what I wrote above. Apologies that I don't have time to type up a custom one for you individually (yes, I really do prefer to do that as people's situations change and that changes the tone of the response), but I suppose I have to do this work thing so I can afford my own trip!

If you want to go to character meals - then the DDP is a very good value for kids :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter