• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

yet another dining plan question

peonyflower

Mouseketeer
ok last question i promise!:goodvibes
since we have 3 lil ones 4 5 7 VERY SMALL EATERS! i mean example when we go out they literally split chicken, fries applesauce and our fine....OR they fill up on bread
can we use one TS for them
is splitting allowed?
do they frown upon that
--i dont want to waste food(not like i will be carrying around a doggie bag!)
---i dont want to waste our precious 5TS because we will be there 6 days and trying to make them stretch.....how come when u add a day on at the hotel they cant extend your free dining? (or can they:confused3)
THANKS

Sharing is up to the discreation of the restaurant. I wouldn't count on them spliting childs meal credits. Besides an extra child TS credit just means you'd have to pay cash for another adult meal as children can't do TS w/o you!

Everyone is charged at a buffet. Even if you eat half a slice of bread you will pay for a full buffet.

Call disney back and as about your free dining extension options. Your resort may be booked for free dining rooms for that extra night, thus you'll have two reservations. You may be able to get Free Dining for the entire time, but you may have to stay at a different resort.

ok last question i promise!:goodvibes
since we have 3 lil ones 4 5 7 VERY SMALL EATERS! i mean example when we go out they literally split chicken, fries applesauce and our fine....OR they fill up on bread
can we use one TS for them
is splitting allowed?
do they frown upon that
--i dont want to waste food(not like i will be carrying around a doggie bag!)
---i dont want to waste our precious 5TS because we will be there 6 days and trying to make them stretch.....how come when u add a day on at the hotel they cant extend your free dining? (or can they:confused3)
THANKS

As was said... that is at the discretion of the restaurant. I can imagine that they would allow you to split your meal but not sure about splitting 2 childs meals. And as was stated... buffets you pay for everyone, no matter what.
As far as adding the day... depends on when free dining ends but they should have added the extra day for you unless it is a different reservation. With that, I believe you have to have a minimum of 4 nights for the free dining? :confused3 You may have to change resorts but call Disney and find out what you need to do. :thumbsup2

how come when u add a day on at the hotel they cant extend your free dining?

They have to, if that day is available for the same reservation at the same resort. You must have the same dining plan for each night of your reservation.

If you have that extra night on a separate reservation, you'd have to get a separate dining plan for that night (and buy tickets - not only that, but you can't get free dining for just one night, the minimum stay is 3 nights on the same reservation for free dining).

If you were trying to add on a day at the beginning of the trip and that day was within a free dining blackout, you would have had to make a separate reservation to avoid losing free dining for your full trip.

If the free dining package was not available for the category of room in the resort you booked, that extra night would have had to be on a separate reservation.

Yes, you can usually share things. The kids' meals are VERY small - I don't think three kids can share one and have enough, even if they are small eaters.

thanks!
i read a lot about couples sharing their meal....thats why I assumed kids could too or at least share one or get them an adult dinner????:confused3
i will certainly ask according to how hungry they are and to whay policy they have
23 more days to go!
my kids have no idea whats going to hit them!!!! they know we are going but really have no clue as to how amazing this is going to be!!!!!!

On the dining plan, you can't get the kids an adult dinner unless you pay for it, or give them one of yours. Children's credits can be used only to order from the children's menu.

If you have two adults and three children on the dining plan, the most you will be able to order is two adult meals and three child meals. You won't be able to order three or four adult meals and pay for them all with your dining credits.

Your kids may have bigger appetites at Disney - lots of walking, lots of activity. Even standing in lines can burn the calories. So they may be more hungry. And the Disney kids' meals are small...more often people complain the kids meals are too small for their kids. They may be just the right size for your kids.

The kids meals at wdw are not nearly as big as casual chain places so I think sharing won't work even if they let you. The nuggets serving is 4 and they are small. For fried chicken the serving is 1 leg. The dessert is a tiny scoop of ice cream not shareable. Supposedly the calories are averaged out for a 5 year old from back when they started the healthy meals. Many restaurants at WDW don't offer a bread basket. Unless you and DH are planning to share adult meals saving credits won't help because the kids credits can only be used for the kids.

Will you be there the whole day for the 1st and last days? We usually use 1 TS the first day of our stay and leave the remaining CS for the last day. That way you kind of spread out the FD for the entire stay. Just a thought.

Remember, even if they are allowed to split a TS meal, it would be from the children's menu --- And that would give you extra child TS credits. So it's not as if you'd be able to use those "extra credits" for adult TS meals anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter