• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yet another dining plan question.

dach2k3

Earning My Ears
Here's my situation. I have 3 adults in one room and 2 adults in a 2nd room. They are under two separate reservation numbers, which i understand is the way it had to be.

I am looking to add a dining plan. What I would like to do is the following:

I would like to add the regular plan to the room with 3 adults and the deluxe plan to the room with 2 adults.

First, is this possible? are they completely two separate reservations? So can they have different plans?

If so, how would this work when we eat together which would practically be every meal. would we use 2 deluxe meals and 3 regular meals per sitting at a TS restaurant? That's what I would want. So we'd get 2 apps, 5 entrees, and 5 desserts. On some meals we'd get 2 deluxe meals and then the 3 other adults would be OOP for their meals completely.

Does this work? or are there complicated rules that mess with my plan?

Thanks, Mario.

If they're separate reservations, then you can certainly get different dining plans for each room.

There will be no problem "splitting the check" on meals -- just let your server know who's using what type of plan credit (and from which card).

Yes, you can do this, but you will not be able to share credits across the two reservations. As long as you do not try to buy more than 3 meals at a time on the regular plan or more than 2 on the deluxe it will work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter