• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yet another "Back from the Wish" Review....

The more I hear about this ship, the more it confirms everything that makes me not want to book it. Practically everything that doesn’t appeal to me on this ship can’t be fixed without a major overhaul, and I doubt that would be in the cards anytime soon.

Thank you for the excellent review. It confirms what we have already determined - we want to sail "some day" to see the interior design (daughter is starting college next week for design and wants to be an Imagineer) but other than that, this ship is not for us. Adult dining, lounges, Satellite Falls and movies are things we all love on a DCL cruise. We have December on the Fantasy and August on the Dream coming up next.

I am looking forward to the DVC MC on the Wish in a year, but don’t expect to be on the Wish other than that.

We were on the same sailing. ITA with everything you've said. I heard there were 3700-3900 onboard (I've heard official numbers in between). We tried to book Palo brunch at midnight on platinum opening day and it was gone. We did book Palo dinner instead and opted for the non prix-fixe menu, so DCL got some extra cash from us! The tight public spaces, buffet, deck quick serve and dining rooms was really unbelievable... I am still shocked that DCL has "broken" something that really had an impact on the service that everyone received. That was the one thing that DCL was known for, and when near capacity, the Wish is broken in this area due to ship design IMO

Last edited:
Excellent, fair review. Thanks for sharing! At this point, we have no desire to sail on the Wish. Since they haven't started building the 6th, hopefully Disney is taking note of all the complaints about this ship!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter