• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yesterland: Should It Be Built?

Disneydude97

Reaching New Horizons
Hey everybody, it's me. You know, you hear a lot about the 5th park of Walt Disney World. In my opinion, it should be the American version of Tokyo DisneySea. But there should also be another park...a park made just for the purists...

Well, luckily, I found it on Ideal Buildout, a site featuring ideas for refurbishing the Disney Parks worldwide. Here's the link that leads to...

YESTERLAND

http://idealbuildout.blogspot.com/2012/10/yesterland-theme-park.html

What do you think? Should this be brought to life at WDW?

Hey everybody, it's me. You know, you hear a lot about the 5th park of Walt Disney World. In my opinion, it should be the American version of Tokyo DisneySea. But there should also be another park...a park made just for the purists...

Well, luckily, I found it on Ideal Buildout, a site featuring ideas for refurbishing the Disney Parks worldwide. Here's the link that leads to...

YESTERLAND

http://idealbuildout.blogspot.com/2012/10/yesterland-theme-park.html

What do you think? Should this be brought to life at WDW?
~I'm sorry but no, I can't envision an entire park dedicated to mostly old and unpopular attractions. I don't see a fifth park in works anytime soon, anyway. Starwarsland @ DHS will likely be the next venture for Disney, IMO. Thanks for sharing the link!:goodvibes

I doubt a 5th park is in Disney's immediate future. They have too many things they will be building, renovating, and repairing. On the idea, so-so.

DW is already pretty much dedicated to outdated attractions.

tumblr_lfqkq2dBxs1qdye1ho1_500.gif

A 5th park? There is not any need for this. They need to focus on expanding AK & DHS, and seriously look at fixing Future World in Epcot...it needs some attention.

In my opinion the 'Yesterland' idea could be fit in a single attraction.

If I were an Imagineer; I'd put a dark ride in the old health/wellness pavilion in Epcot. It could be themed as a time travel adventure with the cast of 'Meet the Robinsons', or Phineas & Ferb, or (and this is my favorite) as a trip thru the Imagineering Mainframes with characters from Tron.

We would go thru a series of scenes from past WDW attractions that don't exist anymore exactly as they had existed (not the whole ride, just a little taste), and then briefly see bits of the present (nothing elaborate here). Before the finale, the track would fork and go thru one of two rooms. The first would be a room where an actual scene or animatronic from an upcoming attraction could be set up and previewed giving guests a glimpse at the REAL future and giving them a chance to give feedback. If there was nothing to preview, guests would go thru the second room and see a generic "future of WDW."

I've put too much thought into this. Anyways, I think a whole park would be overkill.

Maybe Yesterland could be one land within a park?

As for Tokyo DisneySea, that is one awesome, jaw-dropping park--their shows like Legend of Mythica are completely over the top. We were there 2 years ago and could tell that it was the most expensive Disney park in the world to build--which is why we're not going to see it built at WDW in the near future.

Add me to the list who thinks they have way too much to work on with the current four parks before building a new one. Unless the fifth park were Star Wars themed and they would remove every single reference to that franchise that exists in the current parks and boot it over there. I'd very much be in support of that.

But really, I'd fix DHS first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter