Yes, you can eat too much. 8 days DxDP 10/14-10-22

Bummbok

Mouseketeer
Almost 8 days on the DxDP
Brief introductions might be in order:
-Me(36): The adventurous eater. Willing to try new places and foods, but not really a foodie.
-DW(38): Fairly picky, tries hard but hates all things mushroom (fungus as she calls it) and moldy cheeses. Oh and I should mention 28 weeks pregnant.
-DS(10): A Disney “adult” he looks at all things non-kiddie with suspicion.
-DD(3): Typical kid in that cheese pizza, mac and cheese or chicken nuggets are just fine than you very much.
3rd trip in 4 years. 1st year got fleeced as we had no clue what we were doing and paid rack rate for everything (AK Lodge w/ Savanna view and regular DDP). 2nd trip got the discount and upgraded to DxDP (Wilderness lodge and DxDP). This trip got 40% off room at Poly and used DxDP.
Made all our reservations online before we even booked the trip and only had trouble getting two. One (Ohana) I got, just not the day I wanted. The other (Le Cellier) I initially could only get a lunch slot but managed to find a dinner slot later.
So without further ado I present the itinerary:

Day 1(Oct 15th):
  • Breakfast–Kona
  • Lunch - Liberty Tree Tavern
  • Dinner - California Grill

Day 2(Oct 16th):
  • Breakfast - Akershus
  • Lunch - Epcot Food and Wine Festival(changed to Capt Cook’s)
  • Dinner - Le Cellier

Day 3(Oct 17th):
  • Breakfast - Crystal Palace
  • Lunch - Random Quick service (Pinocchio Village Haus)
  • Dinner - Kona

Day 4(Oct 18th):
  • Breakfast - Ohana’s
  • Lunch - Tony’s Town Square
  • Dinner - Ohana’s

Day 5(Oct 19th):
  • Breakfast - Hollywood and Vine
  • Lunch - Sci-Fi Dine-In
  • Dinner - 50’s Prime Time

Day 6(Oct 20th):
  • Breakfast – Tusker House
  • Lunch – Random Quick service (Flame Tree BBQ)
  • Dinner – Jiko

Day 7(Oct 21st):
  • Breakfast – 1900 Park Fare
  • Lunch – Random Quick Service (Yak and Yeti TS)
  • Dinner – Yachtsman (changed to Raglan Road)

Day 8(Oct 22nd)
  • Breakfast – Kona
  • Lunch – Random Quick service (Liberty Tree Tavern)

Nice lineup. I am looking forward to reading your reviews. Looks like you ate at some of my favorite places! :woohoo:

Kona bright and early Friday morning for a 8:05 ADR. DW was excited about the almost mythical Tonga Toast.
I ordered:
01Kona1_eggs_your_way.jpg

The Eggs your way with ham (over easy BTW)

DW Ordered:
01kona1_tonga_toast.jpg

Tonga Toast with Bacon
The kids both ordered pancakes.

All in all the breakfast was good, the service was a little iffy due to our server being a little scatter brained. Tried to tell us DS absolutely couldn't order off the kids menu. Seeing as how the adult menu had what he wanted too I wasn't disposed to argue the point.

We kinda stumbled on this place last year but liked it so much we wanted to go back. 11:35 ADR, were seated pretty much right away.

Being deluxe we both got appitizers:

I got:
02LTT1_declaration_salad.jpg

Declaration Salad: Field Greens tossed with Garlic-Buttermilk Dressing. It was yummy, the greens were fresh and crispy.
DW got:
02LTT1_Tavern_fried_cheese.jpg

Tavern Fried Cheese with Marinara Sauce which she liked.

For entree's I ordered:
02LTT2_Pilgrims_feast.jpg

Pilgrims’ Feast: Traditional Roast Turkey and Herb Bread Dressing, Mashed Potatoes, and
a Garden Vegetable. The turkey was juicy and the potatoes mashed just the way I like them. The only thing I wished I had done diffrent was ask for more gravy as the dressing was a touch dry.
DW got:
02LTT2_colony_salad.jpg

Colony Salad: Washington Apples, Sweet Pecans, Applewood Smoked Cheddar, and Grilled Chicken tossed with Field Greens in a Honey-Shallot Vinaigrette which she also enjoyed, she liked that the dressing came out in a gravy boat so she could control how much she got.
DS got:
02LTT2_Freedom_pasta.jpg

Freedom pasta which was paste with chicken, mushrooms tomatoes and a creamy alfredo type sauce. He didn't each much but we take that with a grain of salt as he's very picky.
DD had...wait for it....the cheese pizza, she ate it pretty well.

For dessert I had:
02LTT3_apple_tart.jpg

Apple Tart: Shortbread Crust, Sugared Apples, and Butterscotch Ice Cream, it was excellent.
DW had:
02LTT3_Ooey_Gooey_Toffee_Cake.jpg

Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake: Vanilla Cake with a Gooey Toffee Filling, Caramel Sauce, and Vanilla Ice Cream which she loved.

We have 5:45 ADRs so we hop the monorail from the Poly, where we changed clothes over to the Contemporary. After we figured out how to check in (you have to go to the second floor to get to the 15th) we got our pager and heaed up. After a very short wait we got our page and were seated by the window on the side closest to the MK.

For appitizer I had:
03Cali1_grill_beet_salad.jpg

Roasted Heirloom Beets, Fennel, Citrus, Spiced Pecans, Beet Vinaigrette, and Belle Chèvre “Croutons. A bit misleading as it had maybe 6 small pieces of beet in it. The round things on the side are a creamy filled crouton that helped balance the flavor of the greens.
DW had:
03Cali1_grill_triple_cheese_flatbread.jpg

Triple cheese flat bread.Triple Cheese . . . Pecorino, Asiago, and Provolone with Sun-dried Tomato and Arugula Pesto. She said it was very yummy, a bit bigger than needed for an app though.
DD had:
03Cali1_grill_kids_fruit.jpg

Kids fruit plate. She only ate the bananas but I knew when I saw it on someone else's table she'd love it.

For entree I had:
03Cali2_grill_grilled_pork_tenderloin.jpg

Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Goat Cheese Polenta, Button Mushrooms, Zinfandel Glaze, and Sage. This was amazing. It all blended so well. All I can say is I can't wait to go back and try it again.
DW had:
03Cali2_grill_sonoma_goat_cheese_ravioli.jpg

House-made Potato and Cheese Ravioli with Florida Corn Purée, Summer Squash, Vidalias, and Black Truffle. But she liked this very well also.
DD had:
03Cali2_grill_KM_steak.jpg

Kids steak which was good also.

For dessert I had:
03Cali3_grill_valrhona_cake.jpg

Valrhona Chocolate Cake: Warm Chocolate Cake with Molten Center, Marshmallow, and Peanut Butter Gelato. Almost the best dessert ever.
DW had:
03Cali3_grill_creme_brulee.jpg

Tanzanian Chocolate Crème Brûlée: Crème Brûlée with a Citrus Financier and
Chocolate-Hazelnut Bark which she just loved.
DD had:
03Cali3_grill_KM_sushi.jpg

the kids dessert sushi (for those wondering DS had cheese pizza and chocolate pudding neither of which got picks.)

So, the food was outstanding how about the service? The best we had all week would be the answer. We were offered bottled water instead of the yucky Orlando tap water and even though the bottle was set on our table the server kept the glasses filled. I don;t think we had to ask for anything at all that meal. My only regret was that we scheduled this one so early it made everything have to work harder to meet the example.

Thanks for the Cali review. We have it scheduled for our anniversary in Feb.!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter