Yes, I understand the risks of banking, but this change of plans was not our fault.

I had a May trip planned and then banked my leftover points. Now rescheduled to July and needed some of those points because points needed are higher in July. DVC refused to let me un bank those points that I needed. They expect us to bank before even knowing when the shutdown will be over. Just not right.
I bank all my points every year because i know i can just borrow them back from the year i banked them into. Keeps me from worrying i will get busy and forget to bank them.

I bank all my points every year because i know i can just borrow them back from the year i banked them into. Keeps me from worrying i will get busy and forget to bank them.

That takes care of a forgetting to bank concern however it's adding more restriction/risk to points because your current points are getting moved into the final year they can be used and then if you borrow the next year points they have a deadline to be used that is much earlier than they would otherwise have. It's ok if you never have to cancel but being forced to cancel is what is currently causing a lot of issues for many owners. There are so many reminders that can be set up these days so one doesn't forget to bank.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter