Yellow DME tags on carry on luggage

disdad19

Earning My Ears
We are only checking one or two bags but have 5 of the DME luggage tags. When we arrive at MCO, would we be able to add some tags to our carry on luggage and have these taken directly to our room by Disney? I was thinking of just putting them on the carousel with the rest of the luggage from our flight.
This way, we could get off DME and head straight to dinner and/or the parks without having to waste time with any bags.
Has anyone done this before?
Thanks!

There is no procedure to introduce carryons into the automagical Magical Express bag delivery when you arrive in Orlando. Checked bags are intercepted for DME when the plane lands and prior to coming out on the carousels.

If you dropped your carryon at the carousel and left it there then it could be several hours before a staff person out there noticed the yellow tag and passed it along to DME. Also there would be no way to make a claim if the bag got pilfered.

Last edited:
Nope. Don’t do it. I’m not even sure why you would. It’s not like the act of physically putting carry-ons in your room takes a lot of time.

Nope. Don’t do it. I’m not even sure why you would. It’s not like the act of physically putting carry-ons in your room takes a lot of time.

OK thanks for the responses. I didn’t know it was a big deal but glad to hear your opinions so I don’t take a chance.

If your room is not ready when you arrive at your resort, bell services can hold your carry-ons, till you want them. You can either collect them yourselves from bell services, or call to have them delivered, once you are in your room.

I completely agree with others about not dropping your yellow-tagged carry-on bags on the carousel at MCO.

Yellow tagged DME Bags are pulled BEFORE ever reaching the carousel. Trying to put Carryons on the Carousel is Folly.

Not only is this not how the DME luggage service works, I think the airport security might find it suspicious if someone purposefully leaves a bag on the baggage carousel that wasn't offloaded from the plane.
And, it would mean an extra trip to the baggage carousel instead of going straight to DME.
Much easier just to leave any carryons at the resort bell services if your room isn't ready.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter