• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yelling on Rides?

Little E

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

We had our 2020 spring break trip cancelled due to the pandemic. DH, DSs, and I will be fully vaccinated soon, and we have been dreaming of rescheduling our trip ever since the spring of 2020; we finally threw caution to the wind and booked a July 2021 trip. We are all really excited, but I have discovered, lately, that my oldest DS has been hesitant about this trip. Today, I was able to pin him down about why he's hesitant; I discovered that he's not worried about contracting Covid 19 as much as he's worried about how wearing masks (we are all enthusiastic mask wearers) and not being able to yell on thrill rides might diminish the WDW experience. This actually surprised me, as I had chalked his worries up to getting Covid.

I completely understand his concern about masks possibly diminishing our experience...July heat+masks won't be awesome, but we all understand it's a necessity. I totally understand that yelling can certainly spread virus particles, but I wasn't aware that there was a rule about not yelling on rides. Can anyone fill me in on this, so I can talk this through with my family? I want to make sure we are prepared for all of the rules that we need to follow when we go in July. Any info about "yelling on rides" rules would be awesome.

Thanks so much!

but I wasn't aware that there was a rule about not yelling on rides. Can anyone fill me in on this, so I can talk this through with my family? I want to make sure we are prepared for all of the rules that we need to follow when we go in July. Any info about "yelling on rides" rules would be awesome.
I have never read any rule about not yelling on rides so I cannot fill you in on that.

Can you ask your DS where he read this? I'd love to look it up so as to be better informed.

The "scream inside your heart" idea was one put forth in Tokyo I believe, but I have not heard of any other Disney park suggesting anything similar, and from videos I've seen of WDW during the time since it reopened, people are definitely still yelling on rides. :)

Thanks, all, for your feedback! I will share this with DS. @StageTek, I will ask him where he heard about this. I'm wondering if he read this somewhere connected to the Tokyo park, and assumed it was everywhere? I'm not sure, but I'm relieved to know it's not a real rule. I couldn't imagine that it was, but DS was concerned enough about it, that I thought I'd check with my knowledgeable Dis friends on here. Whew!!😅

There was a meme circulating in March, I think, that was saying Disneyland would not allow yelling on rides upon reopening, following Tokyo’s example. It was later proven false. I remember seeing it, so I bet this is what your DS read/saw.
If you Google it, it will come up.

There was a meme circulating in March, I think, that was saying Disneyland would not allow yelling on rides upon reopening, following Tokyo’s example....
They DID put into effect a rule about inappropriate language and such [for which you will be ejected from the park], but how could they possibly control the VOLUME of one's voice? OP, I'd say "no worries" and have a great time with your family! We are heading there on Friday....

I rode Everest for the first time ever with my husband, BIL and SIL. She screamed the whole ride. We were all masked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter